No longer waiting for T-Mobile updates!

1. JuAnCaStRoP Gingerbread Nov 24, 2018

JuAnCaStRoP, Nov 24, 2018 :
    Explain the bill in credited

2. x1tymez Eclair Nov 24, 2018

x1tymez, Nov 24, 2018 :
    Huh? did you do trade in when OnePlus 6t first released?. Anyway, I can try to break it down.

The promo was good for $300 off your One Plus split over 24 promotional EIP credits. Each month you'll see a credit for $12.50 towards your EIP on the One Plus, which will bring down your monthly EIP charge for the One Plus down to $11.67. I hope this clears that up for you.

3. srimanbethi Cupcake Nov 24, 2018

srimanbethi, Nov 24, 2018 :
    I followed the mentioned steps to install oos from the above links. now my phone keeps rebooting to recovery. Any suggestions?
    Oneplus 6t (T-mobile) device permanently unlocked and got unlock token from oneplus as well. Unlocked bootloader and installed bluespark twrp on it and magisk. but it still has t-mobile version of oos.
    So i tried the steps mentioned in this thread and everything installed fine but the phone keeps rebooting to recovery.
    Please help.

4. srimanbethi Cupcake Nov 24, 2018

srimanbethi, Nov 24, 2018 :
    Hey, please help me. I followed ur steps. now my phone keeps rebooting to recovery.

5. Jac0b3o5 Gingerbread Nov 24, 2018

Jac0b3o5, Nov 24, 2018 :
    yeah this is a shitty write up that can potentially lead to a not so easily reversable brick.

you should post the write up you followed on XDA and make note of the very tedious process involved with this high risk flash like the original Dev did.

majority of half the people trying this have bricked phones now. there's alot of issues with slots, partitioning, otas not writing and requiring an entirely new fresh installs from the ota, recovery bootloops, fastboot becoming useless and rebooting constantly etc.

6. x1tymez Eclair Nov 24, 2018

x1tymez, Nov 24, 2018 :
    I don't get why people taking high risk for this. Just return T-MOBILE ver. and get OnePlus website.

ronnyhawks likes this.
  7. JuAnCaStRoP Gingerbread Nov 24, 2018

JuAnCaStRoP, Nov 24, 2018 :

x1tymez

I don't get why people taking high risk for this. Just return T-MOBILE ver. and get OnePlus website.​

Because people paid money already that they'd not want to loose. Like me. Tmobile is not giving that back or they don't get a phone back.

8. Alec_Lightwood Froyo Nov 30, 2018

9. Wondering Monkey Cupcake Nov 30, 2018

Wondering Monkey, Nov 30, 2018 :
    I called t-mo support, asked to unlock mine (still not paid off), the rep stated the normal policy and I explained I was heading overseas and she put me on hold for a couple of minutes, came back and instructed me to use the permanent option in the unlock app - the result: "your device is permanently unlocked"

I asked the same last year when I was heading over to the UK and received the same result. Seems if you have a reason and are nice, they're not going to be jerks about it...probably also has something to do with Verizon's generous unlock guidelines as well.

*can't hurt to call

Bombeev likes this.
  10. B1indsided Cupcake Dec 1, 2018

ronnyhawks likes this.
  11. JuAnCaStRoP Gingerbread Dec 1, 2018

JuAnCaStRoP, Dec 1, 2018 :
    Because we wanted the payment plan and we had figure it was going to be the same way as getting from oneplus.

12. B1indsided Cupcake Dec 1, 2018

B1indsided, Dec 1, 2018 :
    the first step was to pay it off though

13. JuAnCaStRoP Gingerbread Dec 1, 2018

JuAnCaStRoP, Dec 1, 2018 :
    When I got mine I did not know it was going to be locked or a least that updates where going to be directly from one plus ala apple and not tmobile.

14. Alec_Lightwood Froyo Dec 6, 2018

scavanagh likes this.
  15. Alec_Lightwood Froyo Dec 6, 2018

Alec_Lightwood, Dec 6, 2018 :
    Hope you found a fix for this

16. Alec_Lightwood Froyo Dec 6, 2018

17. JuAnCaStRoP Gingerbread Dec 6, 2018

18. Alec_Lightwood Froyo Dec 6, 2018

Alec_Lightwood, Dec 6, 2018 :
    Got my 0home unlocked from T-Mobile. Requested a bootloader unlock from OnePlus. Then flashed 9.0.6.

19. JuAnCaStRoP Gingerbread Dec 6, 2018

JuAnCaStRoP, Dec 6, 2018 :
    Are you still going to get ota updates.

20. Alec_Lightwood Froyo Dec 6, 2018