No media audio when connected to bluetooth headphones via OnePlus 8T

1. Deepu.V
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2021

Deepu.V , via OnePlus 8T , Sep 23, 2021 :
    Hi oneplus team,

Dear forum members please use this thread for the bluetooth issues on any oneplus series. I recently found one weird issue in oneplus 8t. It was happened 6 months back now after installing security patch its again getting the same issue. Issue is like when i connected my bluetooth headphones to oneplus 8t the video will be stopped and playing blurred manner and it playing like very very slow motion without sound. Calls and all working fine only media audio is not working good. I tried all possibilities but no luck seems like software issue. My current build Oxygen os 11.0.9.9.KB05DA.

2. Uffe88
    Donut Sep 25, 2021

Uffe88 , Sep 25, 2021 :
    I have the same problem.

I have Oneplus 9 pro and connected to Oneplus Buds.

My OS: 11.2.9.9.LE15BA

Deepu.V likes this.
  3. jicki
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2021

jicki , Sep 27, 2021 :
    Same here, after updating OS I havn't been able to play audio from any bluetooth speakers/headphones.

Deepu.V likes this.
  4. Deepu.V
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2021

5. mhd891
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2021

mhd891 , via OnePlus 8T , Sep 28, 2021 :
    From yesterday I have sound problems in my OnePlus 8T phone.
    - Ring & notification sound working only through top speaker only (bottom speaker not working), while playing youtube or any video or sound woking normal from both speakers.
    - some applications I cannot control the volume using the button like Instagram, but in youtube the volume buttons worked.
    - no media audio work through the Bluetooth headphones (headphone shows connect to the phone but the sound woking through the phone speakers not through the Bluetooth headphones)

6. G1632781140003
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2021

7. Uffe88
    Donut Sep 28, 2021

Uffe88 , Sep 28, 2021 :
    I just listened to a podcast in acast with my oneplus buds. From nowhere it paused and when I start the podcast again the sound come out from the speaker, my buds is still connected to the device.

I dont have the problem during phonecalls though.

Update: I continued to listen to the podcast and from nowhere it started to play in the connected buds again. This is so weird

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021

8. Gor.
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2021

Gor. , Sep 28, 2021 :
    Hey there.

I believe you need to submit a bug report under OTA (link below) so that the issue is known to the Developers. Talking about it here will do very little since this is a user forum.

https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback