No notification LED - alternatives?

1. tebsoo
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

tebsoo , Oct 30, 2018 :
    [e]1f602[/e]

2. bdublz
    Eclair Oct 30, 2018

bdublz , Oct 30, 2018 :
    The LED notification comes in super handy, especially when customized it makes life so much easy. The OP6 is tempting, it having a headphone jack makes sense but I use BT headphones more nowadays. Still for me, the OP6T is leaps and bounds ahead of my OP2! really wanted the T-mobile variant but it being a single SIM device defeats the purpose of me getting it, I love having dual SIM flexibility and an unlocked device makes life so much easier when I travel out of the country. Passing up on the $300 trade in offer sucks but I'm down with the #NeverSettle mantra!

3. H1J4CK3D
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2018

H1J4CK3D , Oct 30, 2018 :
    that's disappointing, no led, ?? I mean, why do an upgrade??? I'm sticking with 6plus untill some fetures are available as they are on 6+

4. Deactivated User
    Oct 30, 2018

omkargupta likes this.
  5. Alexander111
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

Alexander111 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    What the hell guys? You can add the alternative to LED by just having several pixels on... You must bring such an option in the coming updates otherwise me and many people will not buy 6t

omkargupta and Taemon like this.
  6. julenardo
    Donut Oct 30, 2018

julenardo , Oct 30, 2018 :
    It is a shame from OP to ditch the LED without offering an alternative or even speaking about it. That is really disappointing behaviour. I was looking forward to buy it but now I will consider other phones.

omkargupta likes this.
  7. MikkelSecher
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

MikkelSecher , Oct 30, 2018 :
    As it is an AMOLED screen, it should be possible to simulate a notification light, or even a tiny animation (that would be even cooler than a single LED light). This would require almost no battery.
    I know "always on" was a removed due to battery drain, but this wouldn't be "always" it would only need to be on for like 1 out of every 5 seconds, and only when there actually where notifications.
    Just put a disclaimer, when you turn on the feature, that it might drain the battery a little bit - and let us decide if we want to use it...

Imagine instead of the regular LED on previous phones, you could have a glowing halo-effect around the notch - or some other cool animation. Maybe even choose between several ones! :)

8. Taemon
    Eclair Oct 30, 2018

Taemon , Oct 30, 2018 :
    I was very much hoping that the LED was somehow hidden in the surrounding of the camera or somewhere around the notch. That would have been amazing indeed.

Honestly speaking, 1+ needs to crank up the effort to keep its communtiy happy. As it goes now, many people will turn their backs on them. Re-enabling the always on display or addig an onscreen blinking pixel option is the least they can do.

omkargupta, Roby72 and Alexander111 like this.
  9. TrueBrush
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2018

TrueBrush , Oct 30, 2018 :
    The problem is, only a few of us care, so after a couple of threads like this, the dust will settle. We have to make the noise, post to their Twiter, Reddit, request an Amoled solution!

10. Darkhan77
    Eclair Oct 31, 2018

11. den_semenov
    Eclair Oct 31, 2018

den_semenov , Oct 31, 2018 :
    But there's no Samsung DSP.

12. AtomicEntity
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2018

13. DaRTHYiGiT
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

14. tebsoo
    Froyo Oct 31, 2018

tebsoo , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Is this from personal experience?

15. DaRTHYiGiT
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

DaRTHYiGiT , Oct 31, 2018 :
    screen is working on every time. you cannot compare with screen working and small led light. No need to personal experience. They are draining and also this program takes up the spaces.

16. tebsoo
    Froyo Oct 31, 2018

tebsoo , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I didn't think lighting a few pixels on an oled display would use much power and the program storage space shouldn't be an issue. I did try it briefly the other day in my 3T. It is quite clunky and would prefer oneplus to implement something or I could just change brand.

HeavyPete likes this.
  17. DaRTHYiGiT
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

DaRTHYiGiT , Oct 31, 2018 :

2. part programs are every time using more battery.

18. AlbertoK
    Eclair Nov 1, 2018

AlbertoK , Nov 1, 2018 :
    ok guys, yes there are many app to simulate a led... but why i have to pay over 600 euro and after i have to simulate simething? no wireless charge... no stereo speaker... for 600 euro?

at this point i seriously think to mate 20 pro... i pay, i got

19. albin.emmanuel
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2018

20. tebsoo
    Froyo Nov 1, 2018

tebsoo , Nov 1, 2018 :
    [e]1f44d[/e] This has also been around a long while too. I don't think these are an a attractive a solution for 2018. Something that illuminates around the notch or a bar or line at the top of the screen would be much more appropriate for this era. These apps need a serious update or oneplus need implement something. Led blink notifications app creater mentioned there will be exciting news soon. Let's see....... The strive for 100% screen to body ratio at the expense of useful basic features is not acceptable. A few millimetres of screen real estate won't bother most folk.

albin.emmanuel likes this.