No notification LED - alternatives?

1. albin.emmanuel
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2018

2. albin.emmanuel
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2018

albin.emmanuel , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Yes I agree. They shouldn't have omitted the led. Also headphone jack.
    That's the reason why i bought OnePlus 6 3 weeks back.

3. tebsoo
    Froyo Nov 1, 2018

tebsoo , Nov 1, 2018 :
    I would have done the same and updated from my 3T much sooner. I have even considered buying a new oneplus 5. Big thing that has put me off the newer phones was the rear fps. Was so looking forward to the 6T. For me it's not about money but features. My phone is always on my desk and I don't want to have to lift it up to unlock every time unless I revert to pin or pattern unlock again going backwards. This is another reason why I want an led notification because I don't want to bother unlocking my phone to find out whether I have a message or missed call. Its all about convenience. I can't remember the term the guy at the 6T event used? Was it burdenless or something. Maybe they should consider the real meaning of that marketing words they throw about.

4. albin.emmanuel
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2018

albin.emmanuel , Nov 1, 2018 :
    I was using OP3 before. Got some huge discount in prices and so exchanged it for OP6.
    Yes they made a mistake by omitting headphone jack and led. Nobody really cares about inscreen fps that much.
    Let's see what change comes next. But still i don't hate OnePlus.

5. tebsoo
    Froyo Nov 1, 2018

tebsoo , Nov 1, 2018 :
    I don't either. I think they are very swift with software updates and their phones don't slow down over time like some other brands. My 3T still performs as well it did 2 years ago although the battery isn't as great as it was then. I'm in no rush now with 3T getting 9.0. Let's see what happens with the updates and possible new features on the 6T and with the 7. 2019 looks like it could be a good year for mobile tech. [e]1f60a[/e]

albin.emmanuel likes this.
  6. Victor_Joshue_Rocafuer
    Eclair Nov 1, 2018

Victor_Joshue_Rocafuer , Nov 1, 2018 :
    I think that the "marketing" is making lose or forget to OnePlus the main reasons why the were a different company.
    Their products were really aimed to the user and not to the marketing :(.
    How can they put holes simulating be speakers?

tebsoo likes this.
  7. albin.emmanuel
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2018

albin.emmanuel , Nov 2, 2018 :
    Yes, Oxygen OS, software updates, community, alert slider, build quality... everything is good.
    I dropped my OP3 many times still it was in good condition, it had camera focus issues everything else working fine. Just couldn't resist buying OP6 after seeing the offers.
    Today got OP6t camera updates and gestures on my OP6 and that's what i love.[e]1f60d[/e]

8. debayersa
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2018

9. Dummyxl
    Froyo Nov 2, 2018

Dummyxl , Nov 2, 2018 :
    I just Read that The oppo r17 have the same notch and a led?
    If that's true it has nothing to do with space for the internals quess

10. windmill81
    Froyo Nov 2, 2018

windmill81 , Nov 2, 2018 :
    Usability of the device would surely benefit from an Always On Display:
    • They could probably enable the under the screen fingerprint scanner to unlock the device without having to first tap the display or press the power button or lift the phone to do so.
    • Show useful notifications without the use of a LED.

11. MiszterSoul
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 2, 2018

Tomsen82 likes this.
  12. xgerryx1234
    Eclair Nov 2, 2018

xgerryx1234 , Nov 2, 2018 :
    The lack of LED notification is really the nail in the coffin as to me sticking with the 5t, and maybe even moving to another company after I'm sick of it. They took AWAY more than they added with the 6t, which is really strange. They made living with the phone everyday MORE difficult. Adapters, LED screen imitation workarounds, still one speaker, still two of the same cameras, so really one camera for all intents and purposes. I was planning to jump at the 6t but at this point I'm not sure what the added value is.

Very disappointed. Sacrificing major QoL things, like a 2mm dot at the top or bottom of the phone, in favor of an extra sliver of screen is completely unacceptable.

tebsoo likes this.
  13. ERock62
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2018

ERock62 , Nov 2, 2018 :
    Does anyone have any proof of any apps working for notification? I loved the LED. The colored notification help me see which app is notifying me.. IE: text, security cameras etc. I keep my phone silent on on my desk at work.

tebsoo likes this.
  14. AlbertoK
    Eclair Nov 3, 2018

AlbertoK , Nov 3, 2018 :
    so... no notificatuon led, no stereo speaker, no wireless charge, usb type c 2.0.. and higher price....

i think ny next smartphone will be mate 20 pro

15. jesusvpct
    Donut Nov 3, 2018

16. Dummyxl
    Froyo Nov 3, 2018

17. jesusvpct
    Donut Nov 3, 2018

jesusvpct , Nov 3, 2018 :
    What problems do they have? Battery drain? Thanks in advance!

18. Achman
    Froyo Nov 4, 2018

Achman , Nov 4, 2018 :
    Indeed this bezelless display craze has brought a whole lot of problems with it including the omission of this useful feature.
    I'd rather the phone comes with a bigger notch with the notification LED than coming with a much smaller notch without it.

Joel.Frojmowicz and tebsoo like this.