No notifications in standby

1. Aphex
    Gingerbread Jun 19, 2016

Aphex , Jun 19, 2016 :
    I recently received my op3 and have noticed that no notifications, from any app, even Gmail is being pushed through when the phone is in standby. I'm guessing that it's got something to do with doze mode. It seems strange that it's effecting my op3 and not my nexus 6.

Does anyone no of a fix.

cssoz and purextc69 like this.
  2. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop Jun 19, 2016

Lancelot_69 , Jun 19, 2016 :
    You have allowed permissions to the apps? Peeking as well?

3. Aphex
    Gingerbread Jun 19, 2016

Aphex , Jun 19, 2016 :
    Yes, which is why I find it so strange.

4. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop Jun 19, 2016

Lancelot_69 , Jun 19, 2016 :
    There is another notification thread with same issue. Head over there and see what they figured out. I don't use doze which I would think is the culprit here

5. nivong
    Froyo Jun 20, 2016

6. purextc69
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2016

purextc69 , Jun 21, 2016 :
    You can disable it - but it's certainly not something that is super easy to do. This problem should not exist in the first place. Everyone needs to go over to the other thread and post / upvote it so OnePlus do something about it.

You should not have to disable Doze.

7. cssoz
    Honeycomb Jun 21, 2016

cssoz , Jun 21, 2016 :
    I have yet to place another order on 1+3 due to some payment issues when paying.

But im on Android 6.0.1 on my current phone, with dozing + Aggressive doze (android N like| doze begins mins after screen off). i have 0 issues with getting notifications via bluetooth wearable. or normal sms.

Could most likely be a rom bug.

- If you know how, wipe Cache/ART cache via recovery. that might fix the issue.

8. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop Jun 21, 2016

Lancelot_69 , Jun 21, 2016 :
    I don't have an issue but thanks

9. purextc69
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2016

We already know the temporary fix. A permanent fix needs to root first but this isn't really acceptable to have this issue in the first place.

10. cssoz
    Honeycomb Jun 21, 2016

cssoz , Jun 21, 2016 :
    Well let's be honest, I went through 'hell' to get my money back from having payment issues on 1+'s 3rd party bank (every company has 3rd party bank). But it was resolved asap shortly after the solution came out within 1+. i emailed, it was answered within 3 hours and my order was officially cancelled and my funds are going back into my credit card. :cool:

hardest to do here is make sure 1+ management knows about the issue, then the solution will come asap. this i can vague for. ROM bugs, takes time to write and test as we know. I know because i was in the beta team of MIUI rom and things can get crazy. o_O

- Be patient and make this thread have 500+ views and dozens of replies. 1+ will get into this. ;)

11. purextc69
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2016

I have just raised a ticket to get my order cancelled - after being told i cannot cancel my order i have read this on the FAQ-

You may cancel your order under the My Orders section of your OnePlus Account . You may do this as long as your order is in "Pending Shipment" status. If your device has already been shipped, refuse the parcel upon delivery and contact OnePlus Support. We will issue a refund once we've inspected and received your parcel.

Unsurprisingly that cancel order button doesnt exist! So they better cancel my order hadnt they! I am not accepting the bad support and lack of answers on the bugs. All it would take is one forum post with all the issues responded to but they cant even do that.

No notifications after doze
    no 60fps youtube
    wifi slow or not working on many 5ghz
    camera not taking pics

Just seems like this would be more a pain in the arse to use than enjoyable. Cant be bothered to wait for a phone that is unlikely to work as it should.