OxygenOS No notifications

1. masi0
    Gingerbread Dec 10, 2016

masi0 , Dec 10, 2016 :
    After phone goes idle for 15 plus minutes it's not getting push notifications from apps like gmail, whatsapp and so on. are you experiencing same issue?

I have checked 1plus3 thread and users are also struggling with this annoying issue for months and seems 1plus not doing anything with it

MatG-DK and ChristophHoppl like this.
  2. turist
    Eclair Dec 10, 2016

turist , Dec 10, 2016 :
    I have something similar... For example the messenger notifications from the status bar. Even after opening the chats in messenger and then turning the screen back off, the notifications and green led blinking still stays... Quite annoying...

3. tt2011
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2016

tt2011 , Dec 11, 2016 :
    If you can try third party apps like heartbeat fixer or push notification fix (root) to reset and update the gcm services. Helped with my old phone.

4. led_zeppola
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2016

led_zeppola , Dec 11, 2016 :
    on my OP3T google calendar notifications doesn't work :( I've read on internet that it can depend by the "automatic time and date" not flagged in the settings menu of the phone. But it was already flagged, and notifications doesn't work yet.

What can I do? It's a bug

5. G_Danny_Troke_TmUx
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2016

G_Danny_Troke_TmUx , Dec 14, 2016 :
    I'm also seeing this problem.

When I'm at home on wifi I get Whatsapp messages fine, but at work on the mobile / cellular network (giffgaff), I don't get any notifications unless I wake the phone.

I'm on Oxygen OS 3.2.8 and have kept up to date with all official versions, but this has been a problem since I bought the phone soon after its release and it's still not fixed :(

Deactivated User likes this.
  6. masi0
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2016

masi0 , Dec 14, 2016 :
    When phone goes sleep it drops wifi very quickly and thenot operates on mobile I have no issues with whatsapp or pushbullet. other apps like gmail or nine are either getting late / delayed notifications or not not at all

Deactivated User likes this.
  7. Deactivated User
    Dec 15, 2016

8. 4rgyll
    Froyo Dec 16, 2016

4rgyll , Dec 16, 2016 :
    Similar to the problem I have, it's like the wifi goes off when the oh one is idle

9. FomaOP3
    Cupcake Dec 16, 2016

FomaOP3 , Dec 16, 2016 :
    I have the same problem but only on mobile network: no notification in standby mode
    It also happens to be unreachable even though the phone is receiving full signal.
    I think phone loss signal when tries to set 4g network: my operator have 4g but i don't payed for it.
    Now I will try to select only (2g/3g Network), instead of (2g/3g/4g Network).
    Let's see if it works....

10. Kristapor
    Donut Dec 16, 2016

Kristapor , Dec 16, 2016 :
    I have the same issue ... and notifications "rework" as soon as i unlock my phone ... strange really

11. tt2011
    Cupcake Dec 16, 2016

tt2011 , Dec 16, 2016 :
    For the WiFi issue make sure in WiFi settings the Keep WiFi always on during sleep setting is set to always

12. darmach
    Eclair Dec 16, 2016

darmach , Dec 16, 2016 :
    Exactly! What a piece of ####... I already missed few important mails, because OxygenOS decided they're not that important to interrupt my day at work....

And just to point it out, Gmail is "not optimized" as for battery optimization settings, or DOZE mode. So it should wake the device for new mail without issues. This is obviously screwed up, and for quite some time, that's not a new issue with OP3T.

I'm starting to think giving my good old S5 to my daughter and 'upgrading' to op3T was not a good idea..

MatG-DK likes this.
  13. KaiusKakje
    Donut Dec 17, 2016

14. ChristophHoppl
    Donut Dec 17, 2016

ChristophHoppl , Dec 17, 2016 :
    The Push Notifications dont work for me on some apps. I have a Parcel Tracking App from the Austrian Post and since i switched to the 3T i dont get push notifications, inbox is another app that does not work with push notifications. On the other hand Tapatalk or Twitter is working... strange

15. MatG-DK
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2016

MatG-DK , Dec 17, 2016 :
    I can see im not the only one with the missing notification problem. Then i think how many that don't have stopped by this forum. I really hope OP will fix this soon, because my happiness with this OP3T is about to end!!

16. JasonMR
    Lollipop Dec 18, 2016

JasonMR , Dec 18, 2016 :
    The notification issues are caused by the way Doze is implemented.

Notifications are sent via Googles GCM, so in effect, Google determines what is and isn't important enough to push through immediately. Instant messages should be pushed immediately, however, emails are not deemed important enough.

What should happen when the phone is Dozing, is every so often the phone should wake and allow a quick maintenance window to allow the non-priority messages to come through.

The battery optimisation in Oxygen doesn't really work, so for now, if you want all notifications immediately, you need to disable Doze completely from within Developer Options.

MatG-DK likes this.