No Pie on the OP5? The tangential story about how the MOD team is responsible!

1. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Dec 4, 2018

Cheetosdust, Dec 4, 2018 :
    Last week, the MOD team had a dinner to celebrate OnePlus fifth anniversary. This is the tangential story about how Pie was delayed on the OP5 that night thanks to their mistakes - Yes, they celebrated while you wait for the update on your phone. Life is not fair and if you think about it, what is life if not the distance between two points we don’t know? Canned philosophy, delicious!

The MOD team is great, but sometimes they make mistakes. If you know the streets of Patagonia well, you know there is a big restaurant chain there, five locations to be precise. They serve spam with a side of salty tears, however, they are best known for their desserts - especially those delicious slices of pie.

Listening to some Ariana Grande on his headphones for testing purposes and other lies, @camohan was the first to arrive.

- Nope, you can't enter - said the bouncer.

@camohan was also the first to leave.

@SoniaB arrived soon after and asked @Carl, the bouncer, if he could let her friend in, that he was "cool".

Carl looked around, suspicious it was another trick, like that time when his friends told him:

- Dress like a bee, it'll be fun.

The rest of the MOD team arrived late to the scene, but they soon took their seat around the best table available, the one next to the window facing north - you know the north of Patagonia, known for it's beautiful things, like the weirdly shaped dragonflies.

@Ruby G., @Crystal Z. and @David Y. were all there, laughing at the bouncer, now trying to scoop some honey from the jar - it was quite a nice scene. @Shivang Joshi arrived and immediately shot the bouncer....'s photo.

- Look, look, the jar is now stuck on the bouncer's head - commented an anonymous member of the MOD team known as @superplus

The dinner was going great, candles, romance (what?), a little bit of this and a little bit of that, spam for everyone. Celebrations were being celebrated. More candles, more romance, romance between candles, more spam and more "water" from the grapes poured into glasses.

It was time to finally have some dessert. I forgot to mention, but this took place on the fifth restaurant OnePie opened. It was called OnePie 5 - or OP5 for short.

- We will each have a slice of pie - said @Manu J.
    - Sup? - asked the dragonfly.

Madness! The Staff Members trying to take control of the situation, it was not possible. The Pie had to be delayed on the OP5. It was a tragedy and it was the MOD team to blame, obviously.

When @camohan was kept outside, he showed Ariana's new tunes to the bouncer and they were both listening - and singing along, shaking those hips like Shakira (no lies) - when the dragonflies entered the restaurant.

You probably don't know this, but Manu has a farm where he keeps some dragonflies that are not that beautiful. He has hundreds of them so he needed to assemble a team to take care of his dragonflies. The Manu's Odd Dragonflies Team (or MOD Team for short) was trying to have a nice meal, but thanks to some of its members, Pie was delayed on the OP5.

It was a sad day, poor MOD team. At least some of the members had Jelly served on the OP5 - the restaurant second most popular dessert. And when they were about to leave OP5, @Manu J., heartbroken because of his dragonflies killed by the bouncer (a bee and a dragonfly fighting was a great scene), asked:

- What does "Carl Too Sassy" mean?
    - Google CTS - replied @David Y.

2. meatandy Nougat Dec 4, 2018

3. Tobikage Marshmallow Dec 4, 2018

4. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Dec 4, 2018

5. YRJ KitKat Dec 4, 2018

YRJ, Dec 4, 2018 :
    This was the highlight :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

6. YRJ KitKat Dec 4, 2018

YRJ, Dec 4, 2018 :
    get the mods Outta here, is all we are going to hear now!
    We hate the MOD's [e]1f602[/e]

I just soooo wish the cupcakes land here and the fun begins! [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]

7. the_o2 Lollipop Dec 4, 2018

8. the_o2 Lollipop Dec 4, 2018

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018

9. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Dec 4, 2018

Is that the plot of Cast Away? :p

As a bouncer? ;)

Please continue to take of the remaining dragonflies.

All dragonflies are beautiful, even the odd ones :D

If Pie, then:

10. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Dec 4, 2018

dsmonteiro, Dec 4, 2018 :
    I'm pretty sure I'm also to blame to some degree.

11. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 4, 2018

superplus, Dec 4, 2018 :
    ahhh I was just thinking this when leaving the Wormhole: why haven't we seen any Carl Pie threads yet? actually the first thing I thought was #getpied of which we have seen some giphies already in certain update threads _innocent_

12. the_o2 Lollipop Dec 4, 2018

the_o2, Dec 4, 2018 :
    {
    Battery draining like hell
    Phone heating
    Bug bug bug
    System crashing
    System UI not responding
    Gesture are laggy
    Automatic brightness not working
    How to revert back to Oreo, Pie Sucks.
    }

13. the_o2 Lollipop Dec 4, 2018

the_o2, Dec 4, 2018 :
    I seen a thread, where a person is following Carl Pie and Peter Low on twitter the founders of OnePlus and blaming they are settled not giving the Pie to Old customers.

14. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 4, 2018

superplus, Dec 4, 2018 :
    OnePlus is ageist :eek: I knew it! only pie updates for those under 30... who are you calling "old"! careful now on Cheetos' thread ;-p

15. DrArs Gingerbread Dec 4, 2018

DrArs, Dec 4, 2018 :
    yeah they have started giving warnings to users who are demanding it. lol.

im.ashish and pinqfloyd like this.
  16. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Dec 4, 2018

I love how you just think "something wrong? I must be responsible then." ;)

This thread was not about Carl - you people are always derailing my threads.

Always.

Like, all the time even :D

I worked so hard on some investigative reporting and it's all about Carl. Carl this and Carl that. Uhhhh, Carl! :tearsofjoy:

17. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 4, 2018

superplus, Dec 4, 2018 :
    people who violate the Terms and Rules get warned

if people create pointless or duplicate threads or even worse, rude offensive threads condemning each admin, dev, mod [edit: *and community consultant* there you go @dsmonteiro, at least you can be held accountable for the pie or lack thereof too now, though I've yet to see the threads] and forum user in general to any selection of choice expletives

then yes,
    they get warnings

18. DrArs Gingerbread Dec 4, 2018

DrArs, Dec 4, 2018 :
    that's not what I did... I just said 3/3t users will have same fate as 2. i respect the rules.

19. the_o2 Lollipop Dec 4, 2018

the_o2, Dec 4, 2018 :
    Damn, never noticed that, pie users are actually below 30. :confused::confused:
    Cheetos is younger than his Beard :p:p

20. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 4, 2018

superplus, Dec 4, 2018 :
    well you see, it's quite obvious really, pie is 3+0 letters long :eek:
    wow, how is that even... ^^ there you see, from Carl, back to you

Aks41179, GopalB., xnutzii and 7 others like this.