Display ***No pre-installed protector but pre-installed scratches ugh***

?

Did your device come with a pre-installed screen protector?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    74.5%
  3. Yes- but damaged

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  4. No- but damaged

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. oneandroidnut
    Froyo Apr 24, 2020

oneandroidnut , Apr 24, 2020 :
    Finally got my OnePlus 8 Pro yesterday and put case on immediatley and went to apply screen protector and found a scratch on it! So anybody else not get their 8 Pro without a screen protector? And if so anybody else have scratches on theirs?

See photos for mine, not a huge scratch but for $1,000 it better not have that on it. My Samsung devices never had this issue. I applied for RMA just for a new device so we shall wait it out I guess!

[​IMG]

Chinda and WuTang like this.
  2. ChandlerDrummond
    Froyo Apr 24, 2020

ChandlerDrummond , Apr 24, 2020 :
    I have mine coming tomorrow. I am pretty worried since I am seeing many problems with the screens and scratches. This will be my first OnePlus device and so far it isn’t going so well. It’s disappointing

3. sky_drive
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2020

sky_drive , Apr 24, 2020 :
    Mine came with no screen protector and 3 scratches on the screen. A long one down the middle, small scratch on upper right and small scratch on lower right. Currently waiting on a replacement 😞

4. oneandroidnut
    Froyo Apr 24, 2020

I haven't seen many issuessissues far usually they are pretty good. Mine isn't a huge scratch but I'm just not happy I paid for a new phone and boom it has scratch. Let us know when you get yours!!

Dang I'm sorry man! Guess we aren't alone in this lol and did you apply for rma replacement?? Did they accept it yet? I applied for it day I got and still haven't heard anything back yet

5. ChandlerDrummond , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 24, 2020 :
    I am using my OnePlus 8 Pro now. So far, I am loving it! I have no scratches that I'm aware of and my screen isn't doing any bad green tints. I have noticed a little bit of red tint on very select things that won't bother me, but also DC Dimming fixes it with means it's software fixable. Sorry that yours is scratched. Hopefully OnePlus will take care of you and everyone else with scratches and screen jssues

Chinda and oneandroidnut like this.
  6. oneandroidnut
    Froyo Apr 24, 2020

Yes I love the device I have still used it on WiFi some to mess with it and it is butter! Love the phone but want a new one so I can put the screen protector on and then use it daily! My screen is good (besides the scratches lol) but yeah I am worried about getting one with tint issues. I hope so! Still waiting to hear from them!

7. ChandlerDrummond , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 25, 2020 :
    Well, I take back what I said earlier. I had some screen issues. Mostly black crush. I am returning jt

8. oneandroidnut
    Froyo Apr 25, 2020

oneandroidnut , Apr 25, 2020 :
    Oh no man that isn't good!!! At least they have 15 day no hassle refunds! I still haven't heard anything on mine!!

9. ChandlerDrummond , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 25, 2020 :
    That's not good. Hopefully you will soon...

10. Ecolupo
    Eclair Apr 28, 2020

Ecolupo , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Yesterday I got my replacement too and it hasn't a preinstalled screen protector. I wanted to install one of the two too and I've seen that my display is scratched too. It's a little bit like yours @oneandroidnut

So what did you do? Did you applied for the RMA? You`ve already got a new one?

11. oneandroidnut
    Froyo Apr 28, 2020

oneandroidnut , Apr 28, 2020 :
    I applied for RMA last week and the live chat said they don't know what happened and they canceled it and told me to resubmit. Now it has been a few days again and no email or anything! I have no idea what is going on! I almost want to return it now! This is crazy! Samsung with foreign people are easier to deal with!

12. oneandroidnut
    Froyo Apr 29, 2020

oneandroidnut , Apr 29, 2020 :
    Finally got RMA approved and shipping label! Going back tomorrow and hope I get a brand new one and a perfect one without tint or screen scratches!!! Oh and a working fingerprint reader!!!

michaelleejohnson82 likes this.

14. frshboxx
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2020

frshboxx , Apr 30, 2020 :
    what? how could be that happen ? sorry but its so funny i think, the brand who forget to place simcard tray in their flagship 🤣🤣

michaelleejohnson82 likes this.
  15. michaelleejohnson82 , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 30, 2020 :
    [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]It is rather comical! It's the phone that does everything but phone calls🤣🤣🤣🤣

16. oneandroidnut
    Froyo May 1, 2020

oneandroidnut , May 1, 2020 :
    Yeah not going to lie that is funny too lol and I guess they were pushing esim on your model? Lol

17. michaelleejohnson82 , via OnePlus 6T , May 1, 2020 :
    I would actually prefer that! I guess I should have tried before sending it back🤔[e]1f602[/e]

oneandroidnut likes this.
  18. G_Julian_Löding_mloT
    Cupcake May 4, 2020

G_Julian_Löding_mloT , May 4, 2020 :
    Today my OP 8 Pro got some awful scratches while it was in my pocket without anything in it other than the phone itself. This is my 3rd Oneplus device and i havent had this experience with any of the other phones before. My phone didnt come with a screen protector pre installed as my other phones did. I have 2 screnprotectors included. At least i thought they are. But there is some code printed on it. So im not able to use them. I am always very careful with all my phones especially at the beginning. I really dont know how i should react to this. Support will tell me its my fault and that I have damaged the phone

Attached Files:

joneath likes this.
  19. frshboxx
    Gingerbread May 4, 2020

frshboxx , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile , May 4, 2020 :
    show us the photo

20. xuankaizhang
    Donut May 4, 2020

xuankaizhang , May 4, 2020 :
    what did u use to clean ur screen? like what king of wipes and towels?