Display ***No pre-installed protector but pre-installed scratches ugh***

?

Did your device come with a pre-installed screen protector?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    74.5%
  3. Yes- but damaged

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  4. No- but damaged

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. ChandlerDrummond
    Froyo May 4, 2020

ChandlerDrummond , May 4, 2020 :
    The screen protector has a thin film on both sides of it. The code is on one of the films that you peel off. It is not on the actual screen protector

Chinda likes this.
  2. oneandroidnut
    Froyo May 5, 2020

oneandroidnut , May 5, 2020 :

what is that stuff printed on the screen protector?

3. joneath
    Eclair May 5, 2020

joneath , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 5, 2020 :
    I started noticing the same thing happen to my 8 Pro after a few days of normal use. Now after two weeks of use the top left and right corners are very scratched while the bottom corners are slightly less scratched. I've been using the 8 Pro the exact same as the 7 Pro and 6T before that and yet those phones never had one scratch after a year of use with no screen protector. I've tried applying multiple different screen protectors but the curved sides always lift up are an hour and the tempered glass type makes using the fingerprint reader nearly impossible.

My only theory on why this screen is so much weaker is that the top glass might not be gorilla glass 5 like it was in the 7 Pro and 6T. I don't think OnePlus did this intentionally to cut costs or that all 8 Pro's are missing gorilla glass screens but I do think it's possible that an initial launch batch ran into supply problems of gorilla glass due to the coronavirus. Whatever the reason I've since moved on and accepted that this phone will continue to scratch; it's not great especially for a phone at this price...

I should add that I have a Chinese model 8 Pro.

4. sky_drive
    Gingerbread May 5, 2020

sky_drive , May 5, 2020 :
    Yeah I applied for a rma replacement, it did get accepted and now I have a new phone. Sadly this one might get sent back too. Experiencing image retention and possible screen burn in and I've only had the phone for about a week. This might be the first OnePlus phone I might have to stay away from.

5. oneandroidnut
    Froyo May 7, 2020

oneandroidnut , May 7, 2020 :
    Not good! Yeah my note 10 plus has the plastic screen protector on it still from a long time ago and barely any marks on it! I hope I get my new one soon and it is perfect!

Mine just got accepted and waiting for their decision hopefully it is a new phone! And not good that it has burn in already! How is that possible?!?! Samsung makes the panel correct?

6. sky_drive
    Gingerbread May 7, 2020

sky_drive , May 7, 2020 :

7. oneandroidnut
    Froyo May 16, 2020

oneandroidnut , May 16, 2020 :
    Still awaiting my new replacement! Still waiting been almost 2 weeks since they got it!!!

May 13, 2020 10:36 am
    The inspection of your return has been completed.
    May 6, 2020 04:34 pm
    Our service center has received your device.

8. JuneTwo
    Froyo May 29, 2020

JuneTwo , May 29, 2020 :
    Do you have your phone back now ?

9. oneandroidnut
    Froyo Jun 3, 2020