No-Screen protector club via OnePlus Nord

1. Dj_chemie
    Honeycomb Dec 10, 2020

Dj_chemie , via OnePlus Nord , Dec 10, 2020 :
    Hello Nordians,

Anyone else using the phone without screen protector? Not even the one that comes with the Nord?

I'm curious about your experiences. Good or bad, please share.

We pay quite some money for gorilla glass 5 and its supposed to deliver protection more than old phones. Using a screen protector would be a mockery of all the research they've done to get this far. I understand some people drop their phones easily and need a glass protector. But i know there are also some who use it just because they are anxious.

Should we be more relaxed? Is the screen protector overrated?

Let me know your thoughts. Oh I stopped using screen protector. I'll just enjoy my phone until it dies.

Dr.DJ

2. Auristic
    Lollipop Dec 10, 2020

Auristic , Dec 10, 2020 :
    No. Why? Because I can't be bothered to take it off.

3. TrippyZ
    Honeycomb Dec 11, 2020

B_Wrath and Praty_28 like this.
  4. deepak2255
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2020

5. brunmed
    Eclair Dec 11, 2020

brunmed , via OnePlus Nord , Dec 11, 2020 :
    Took the stock screen protector off and applied some tempered glass i bought from **********.
    Didn't fit the stock case that comes with the other so now I run with the bare screen.

No issues so far :)

6. Fast_and_Curious , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Dec 11, 2020 :
    Took out the crappy screen protector provided with the phone the day i bought the phone on 5th Aug 2020. Been running it without any protection since then. Also the phone has fallen down once directly on screen. Luckily it was not damaged at all.

I only take care of 1 thing so far:

No other things are kept in the pocket along with the phone.

7. camohan
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Dec 11, 2020

camohan , Dec 11, 2020 :
    To me, it is quiet simple. Gorilla Glass are not unbreakable, they can withstand some amount of pressure, drop, scratch in some specific laboratory tests conditions. The real-life situation is quite different. I do not even know if unbreakable glass exists and if yes they are economically viable to use in the mobile device.

Coming to the research part, I see you have an initial of Doctor in your name, we all know there is a medicine for fever, cold and regular stuff and there are all kind of researches, etc but this does not mean we purposely expose ourselves such ailments. Prevention is better than cure right?

I do not see why having a glass protector is different from prevention than spending money on getting the glass repaired.

To conclude IMO, one has to decide how clumsy he is or depending upon his usage and decide. Research stands at its own place, your money at other.