"No Service" again this AM, 2nd day in a row, since C44 update...

?

Are you seeing "No Service" on A12, overnight?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 26, 2022

pgrey , Jan 26, 2022 :
    The title covers most of it, I suppose.
    Yesterday I noticed this, tried a couple of things (APN reset, carrier-services push), and ended up rebooting to regain mobile-signal (it actually has a signal, per the SIM status and other tools, but the device can't seem to use it, before reboot).

Today, same deal, it seems to have dropped when I got a SMS at 5:28AM, flipping back through logs.

This really isn't workable, for a mobile device, in terms of BASIC use-case.
    Is anyone else seeing similar behavior?

I'm on T-Mobile, LE2125, on C44 A12 ROM (full update from A11, not incremental), for what it's worth.

2. pgrey

pgrey , Jan 26, 2022 :
    Trying to get a sense here, if other users are seeing the same. I've had this issue twice now, both nights since upgrading (full ROM) to A12-C44.

3. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 26, 2022

Swejuggalo , Jan 26, 2022 :
    I have shared the link to this thread.
    I've seen Visible issues too. But apparently they found an APN fix in that case.

4. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Jan 26, 2022

pablofg1978 , Jan 26, 2022 :
    Thread merged, please do not create duplicate threads

5. pgrey

pgrey , Jan 26, 2022 :
    Yeah, I've reset the APN, right after update, and a bit later that day, trying to get my 5G service to work, with some consistency. No luck though, on that front, unfortunately (service connects, but is basically unusable, I'm lucky to get 1-2/0.1-0.2Mbps).

6. pgrey

pgrey , Jan 26, 2022 :
    Just to clarify, EVERY SINGLE A12 issue must be posted in this single thread, regardless of origin?

Respectfully, I'm not sure I understand how this works, if there are literally hundreds (or maybe thousands) of "how do I get the update in X,Y,..., Z location" posts, that pretty much nullify the value of that thread, or having "realistic discussion", in that thread?

I've been a member here for some years, and do respect forum rules (I've been a mod myself in a couple of other forums), but perhaps I don't quite understand the semantics on this part?
    I look forward to clarification here, thanks!

7. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jan 26, 2022

ghostofcain , Jan 26, 2022 :
    You do know that you can use the search function in a thread? But yes the accepted method is to post issues with a build in the build thread.

8. pgrey

pgrey , Jan 26, 2022 :
    Yes, I DID this, specifically, BEFORE posting on this.
    I searched on "9 Series signal issue" "9 series no service" and several variants of that phrasing, and got literally zero (relevant) results. I fiddled around with search syntax, several ways, but still came up empty.
    I'm not sure I see what I duplicated, exactly? Thanks, for any pointer(s) on how I would find the other relevant thread(s).
    To be clear, I found a LOT of threads, about "No Serivce AT ALL, after the update", but nothing regarding service dropping, overnight (both nights now)?

9. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jan 27, 2022

ghostofcain , Jan 27, 2022 :
    No, I suggested you search the release THREAD, that's how you'd find relevant posts without having to READ the whole thread. That being said I haven't seen anyone else reporting an issue like yours.

BTW, it might help to see if other users of the same provider have this issue, but you don't appear to have mentioned who that is.

10. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 27, 2022

pgrey , Jan 27, 2022 :
    My provider is T-Mobile (ONLY my provider, it's a non-branded OP9 Pro, purchased direct), and yes, I also used that in a couple of my search-syntax queries (if carriers were an indexed property, this would be a LOT easier, and make per-carrier issues vastly easier to traverse).
    Anyway, yes, I did search from that forum (exclusively), and read through the first two pages of results. As you said, no one else seems to have mentioned this.
    This would be a LOT easier, if the forums had indexes into respective results page(s). When you're looking at say 160 pages, at 20 threads per, that's 3200 messages (probably at least 3175 have no relevancy to your problem). I've not been able to figure out how to search with indexes into where someone replies to a given question, even IF you find a relevant post (again, that indexing thing). This means, say if you find a post on page 81, but there are replies/potential-answers on pages 83, 89, 96, ..., that actually traversing those links is ungainly, IF you work on a single-path/thread model (I'm sure you're aware of this, just putting the whole thing out there, for reference).
    I'm all ears, how do you set up a traversal, using the existing (without writing a bit of web-test traversal code, or similar) OP forum mechanism(s). If there's some forum functionality I'm missing here, I'd sure like to be enlightened, thanks!

I 100% understand there are some posting rules here, it's just not clear to me if 100% of "new OS" or "new build" posts all simply go into ONE single thread, regardless of origin? Following this logic, you post in the same thread, about a Bluetooth audio issue, a problem launching say the OP forum app, and a camera-app focus problem, correct? That means that all the responses to those questions are all contained in those 3200 or so posts (growing every minute, on that thread), all intermingled, to varying degrees?
    Truly, I'm just trying to understand the hierarchical model here, if there is one, I'm not trying to be obtuse.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022

11. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Jan 27, 2022

pablofg1978 , Jan 27, 2022 :
    Hello there,
    You created two threads about the same subject with some minutes of difference.
    I merged both threads, so please don't create duplicate threads and use this one for discussion