No Signal, Poor Product via OnePlus 8T

1. N1547513118225
    Eclair Oct 24, 2021

N1547513118225 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 24, 2021 :
    My phone keeps losing signal. This wouldn't be a problem if it reconnected like it should, but it doesn't. As a phone then the OnePlus 8T sucks. I have scoured the forums, support pages, etc, and none of the few desperate suggested solutions work. OnePlus seems silent on the matter, presumably not wanting to draw attention to the fact that either they don't care about customers who have already bought their product, or they don't know the solution.

I have had OnePlus phones ever since the 6T but now its become apparent that I need to purchase a phone from another company. Poor hardware, poor customer service, increasing prices and still the same inferior cameras (even on the flagship models) leaves me with no choice. It's a shame because I have enjoyed OnePlus's operating system and value for money but it has become obvious that now they're mainstream they just don't care.

I'm keeping an eye on the Google Pixel 6 Pro and will be spending my money on that if it has no issues.

Goodbye OnePlus it was good whilst it lasted.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021

Jardani and banandhi like this.
  2. SyamKG
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 24, 2021

3. Edgie70
    Froyo Oct 24, 2021

Edgie70 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 24, 2021 :
    My 8t has lost signal in poor areas twice and both times I've had to reboot it to get signal back , seems the only way to do it , it is poor that a reboot has to be done to correct the issue , no other phone had to be reboot when I've had no signal in the past !

4. N1547513118225
    Eclair Oct 24, 2021

N1547513118225 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 24, 2021 :
    Try downloading MacDroid. You can set it up to ring when the signal is lost. You can also set it up to toggle the WiFi which sometimes gets the signal back. Not perfect but at least if you phone makes a noise you know to restart it rather than sitting there thinking your phone is connected to the network. Better than missing urgent business calls or emergency family calls.

5. R1621631112431
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2021

R1621631112431 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 25, 2021 :
    I have same problem after xx times days no network connection i need always set my airplane mode on en off, after that network connection is back.
    It is frustrating 😤 sometimes no idee what's trigger the problem i hope for en charging a solution.

N1547513118225 likes this.
  6. Jardani
    KitKat Oct 25, 2021

Jardani , Oct 25, 2021 :
    Read my posting from a week ago; I explained this issue in detail. In a nutshell, 8T has a catastrophic defect where signal/internet doesn't work. And it goes out at random times, no rhyme or reason, in areas where carrier signal is outstanding. This isn't a problem of not being able to watch videos on YouTube to pass time. I am routinely finding myself in real life scenarios where I am in a problem where I can't reach my kids, or open Ring doorbell to see who is outside my house, or run navigation in Maps to get myself out of a traffic situation, or open bank app to pay for gas, missing important work notifications, etc. Here's the link to my article from last week: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-8t-end-of-the-line.1509552/