Network/Connectivity No SIM card detected, No Wi-Fi, NO IMEI, Random auto restart

1. Kushagr Upadhyay
    Donut Nov 2, 2019

Kushagr Upadhyay , Nov 2, 2019 :
    I have a Midnight Black Oneplus 6 with 8 GB RAM and 128 GB Internal Memory, I did not root my phone which may cause a software issue or did not drop it which may cause any internal damage.
    A couple of days back it suddenly started misbehaving, had following issues:

1. It was not detecting SIM card, I tried putting Flight Mode ON and OFF, but had no effect. Sim was working fine on other phone.

2. I tried switching ON Wi-Fi but it did not detected my Wi-Fi network and got switched off automatically in 5-6 seconds.

3. ON dialing *#*#4636#*#* to search network issues, it did not display any IMEI and showed MAC Address as 02:00:00:00:00:00 and IP address unavailable in the about phone menu. MEID & IMEI comes blank after dialing *#06#

4. The phone shows random restarts automatically every 7-8 minutes.

Asked at a repair shop, he said motherboard needs replacement, may cost approx INR 20,000.

Please guide what can be done, is it a software issue or actually a hardware problem?

Screenshot_20190102-131252.jpg

Screenshot_20190102-131032.jpg

2. Debex
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2019

Debex , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Same Issues Here too,
    It seems to me as a hardware issue,
    Not sure about the IMEI Part though as I haven't tested that.
    However a gentle press in the top motherboard area brought back wiki and SIM N/w to work.
    Not sure why this is happening,
    Flashed stock OS after that, Still the issue persisted.
    So I hope it "MIGHT" not be an Software issue.

3. Kushagr Upadhyay
    Donut Nov 2, 2019

4. Dineshnatrajan
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2019

Dineshnatrajan , Dec 31, 2019 :
    I too have the same problem.. in one plus store they said motherboard problem and 20k will cost for this.. I left the phone battery to go dry and switched on back later...then it started working fine but after 3 hrs again the same problem started to raise...if it's motherboard problem how come it starts working for sometime ??

Can it be because of software update... I don't know...I too need sone help regarding this.

Shrayrai99 likes this.
  5. Artemus.
    Nougat Dec 31, 2019

Artemus. , Dec 31, 2019 :
    I say pay the 20 something-or-other.

Caomhin likes this.
  6. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Dec 31, 2019

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Dec 31, 2019 :
    If the repair shop hook it up to check the hardware, then chances are it's a hardware issue. It's possible some piece of hardware is heating up after a while and then failing. Definitely get it checked by approved OnePlus repair shop.

Artemus. likes this.
  7. aadit4you
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2020

aadit4you , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 5, 2020 :
    hi.
    similar problem happening with me..
    phone showing no network and restarting again and again.
    works fine for 30 mins - 1hour, then again same problem..
    did u get any solution?
    service center told me also to get the mother board replaced..
    please suggest

8. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Mar 5, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 5, 2020 :
    Before replacing hardware try the following, see if it helps.

Do a full Erase/Delete Data button, factory reset. This will restore you to a fresh installation of Android. So you will need to backup your phone.

After Backing up the phone.

Go to Settings, System, Reset Options, Erase All Data, click on the Delete All Data button,

For more info on how to backup your phone, check the solutions here.

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-backup-apps-and-other-ways-too-608014/

Artemus. likes this.
  9. aadit4you
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2020

hi,
    service center guy reseted my phone..
    installed the software again..
    same problem again..

10. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Mar 5, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 5, 2020 :
    Service center guy would have to look deeper into that, as there is nothing more anyone here could do for you. A completed factory reset is as far as it can go. If it's still causing issue, maybe contact OnePlus support directly

You can contact OnePlus support directly for more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for contact details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support

Artemus. likes this.
  11. aadit4you
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2020

thanks.. I will contact one plus

Caomhin likes this.
  12. Delic
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2020

Delic , Mar 30, 2020 :
    Im having the same problem, has anyone found a solution except for replacing the motherboard?

13. Priyanka_Yadav_123
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2020

Priyanka_Yadav_123 , Jun 2, 2020 :
    I am facing the same issue, of no sim detection and no imei number coming, getting auto-restarting in some time.I have showed my device to one plus customer service , they said its a mother board issue, had to replace and will cost 20k
    I brought this phone a year back , and now this issue. I feel no point in buying costly phones , if this happens all of a sudden for no reason.

14. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Jun 2, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jun 2, 2020 :
    contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for contact and online chat details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support

Artemus. likes this.
  15. prashanthsunkara
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2020

prashanthsunkara , Jun 2, 2020 :
    I have got the same problem in feb 2020 and I have tried deleting the apps in between that few minutes I had but it didnt work.Then after one or two complete days it suddenly started detecting the sims and worked fine.Again after 3 months in may 2020 I got the same issue.I have switched off the phone and after three days it is working.And now from last 3 days it is not working.I cant understand what is issue is.And in the last three cases the only common thing is I was playing PUBG.

16. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Jun 2, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jun 2, 2020 :
    Just wondering did you apply updates within that period between Feb and now.

What version of OOS are you currently on.

Have you reset the Network adapters.?

Settings, System, Reset Options, Reset WiFi Mobile Bluetooth.

17. beingWICKED
    Cupcake Jul 20, 2020

beingWICKED , Jul 20, 2020 :
    (one plus6) got issues of no wifi and no network, recently I took it to a mobile repairs store to fix it and they said, "there is a problem on wifi broad ICU" and they fix it after 5 days Its happen again. so what to do? should I fix it again?

18. nirunitkkr
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2020

19. Artemus.
    Nougat Sep 8, 2020

Artemus. , Sep 8, 2020 :
    You must have a lot of problems if you feel the need to bump multiple threads with the same thing.

Caomhin likes this.
  20. Syprasas
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2020

Syprasas , Sep 19, 2020 :
    I'm still facing the same issue bought 1+8 hope it shouldn't happen with this phone