Sound No sound on text notification after 10.3.0 update today

1. jt040900
    Donut Dec 25, 2019

jt040900 , Dec 25, 2019 :
    I have a one plus 6t and just updated to 10.3.0 today and my Messages app doesn't have sound now for a text notification. I have toggled through all of the setting in the general sound and app settings. I have cleared my cache I am at a loss also. Thanks/CE

StubyKas and taylored like this.
  2. WRoseberry
    Cupcake Dec 25, 2019

WRoseberry , Dec 25, 2019 :
    We have the 6t also (both of us). My husband phone does not have notification after update yesterday but mine does after update today.
    Hoping someone has a solution quick.

saimath, StubyKas and taylored like this.
  3. taylored
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2019

taylored , Dec 26, 2019 :
    Same here after most recent update. No text notification sound on 7t. I have tried everything. Also no sound for email.

StubyKas likes this.
  4. ACT43277
    Gingerbread Dec 26, 2019

ACT43277 , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 26, 2019 :
    Hello,

Which app are you using ?
    Android messages or the Oneplus SMS app or another one ?
    Did the phone vibrates instead of playing a sound ?

i also noticed just After the 10.3.0 update, another behavior with Android messages App, only vibrates while receiving a SMS, but i solved it in the app settings as follows...
    in my case i open a SMS message using Android messages APP, then go to informations item menu on the upper right corner and then select notifications of the app and then advanced settings and choose the notification sound . in my case and don't know why the sound was set to 111 instead of the choosen sound.

I1577374994915 likes this.
  5. speshdiv
    Cupcake Dec 29, 2019

speshdiv , Dec 29, 2019 :
    Same here, I'm using a OnePlus 6, Oxygen 10.3.0 and since upgrading to Android 10 I get no more notification sounds in the default SMS app... Using the SMS app by Google LLC. The phone does vibrate but does not make a sound, no matter which settings are set. Does anyone have a fix for this?

StubyKas likes this.
  6. gwjansen
    Gingerbread Dec 29, 2019

gwjansen , Dec 29, 2019 :
    Can you check your notification settings? What is the default sound that is selected? I noticed that sounds in Whatsapp were all not working because sound scheme has changed with the update. Instead of the sound 'name' I had numbers there, causing no sounds in Whatsapp. After selecting sounds from the list (again) the numbers changed to the sound 'name' and my sounds were working again.

ACT43277 likes this.
  7. speshdiv
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2020

speshdiv , Jan 1, 2020 :
    When I change the default SMS-app to the stock OnePlus' app, everything works as it should. If I use the Google Messages app, the sound doesn't play... I've checked and reset the sound to something else, but to no avail... Thanks for looking into it though!

8. shi18
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2020

shi18 , Feb 18, 2020 :
    Hi, I have similar issues here on a 6T with Oxygen OS 10.3.1.
    I'm getting notification sounds for Whatsapp, SMS, ... only randomly, the phone mostly vibrates on incoming notifications.

Do you all guys experience issues only for the SMS app or others too?

Update:
    My phone even loses the sound settings occasionally. Today there weren't even system sounds available to select so I had to restart. After restarting I was able to select the system sounds again but the settings again changed to the system defaults instead of my previous selections.

@OnePlus-developers: Is this issue known and is somebody working on this? you are developing great phones with nice OS but all these smaller issues (battery, Bluetooth, sound,...) lower the user experience by means, unfortunately.
    Please slow down your release train a bit in favor of higher quality!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020

9. saimath
    Cupcake May 3, 2020

10. bmaz121
    Froyo May 14, 2020

bmaz121 , May 14, 2020 :
    First of all It is a great hassle to be viewing a comment and have to login to make a comment then being taken to the home screen instead of where you were. Crap. I found that after changing the default of the call app to the phone app instead of DW Contacts and phone which was getting failure notices anyway solved the notification sound problem for calls. I also had to go to APP permissions and set as few permissions that don't default to normal. The sound for the text messages works after using the default App and setting some permissions there too. Got sound to work now the notification for messages stopped working. HAHAHHAHAHA!

11. bmaz121
    Froyo May 15, 2020

bmaz121 , May 15, 2020 :
    Well I cant help but say that Bootleggers Queue on the OnePlus one is not functioning. As soon as I add the security pattern it goes into a bootloop. Swipe is the only available option. Also the text messaging app Textra does not provided notifications or sound. I got DW Contacts and phone to work. Calendar is screwed up too. Everything new that was added was set to birthdays. Anybody have similar problems let me know.