No synchronization Aqua Mail after Update to Android 12 (OnePlus 8 pro)

1. Karl E.
    Cupcake May 17, 2022

Karl E. , May 17, 2022 :
    I have a problem with Aqua Mail since the update to Android 12 (oneplus 8 pro).
    Even i turned off battery optimizition in settings for Aqua Mail, this app does not longer syncronize the mail-accounts (on android 11 everything worked fine). Only when i start Aqua Mail manualy, the syncronization starts. All settings in android 12 and in aqua mail are checked, so Aqua Mail has all permissions to run in the background. Nevertheless it does not work. It seems that android 12 is preventing that this app to run properly in the background and prevents the synchronization, even I have allowed it in all possible settings.
    Any suggestions to solve this problem?

X1592300485579 likes this.
  2. CarlStenqvist
    Cupcake May 17, 2022

CarlStenqvist , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 17, 2022 :
    I have the same issue with Gmail, all the settings checks out, spent the better part of 2 hours trying different things and solutions found on the web. Hoping for a fix from Oneplus ASAP as this is a common problem.

3. czrtst
    Donut May 17, 2022

czrtst , via OnePlus 8 , May 17, 2022 :
    Allow also background activitiy in the app setting for aquamail.
    Activate Push Mail Keep alive for 15min in the aquamail network settings for Wifi and cell network.
    I get my mails mostly within 1 min when the phone is in deep sleep, sometimes a few minutes later. said:
    I use two imap gmx and one gmail account in aquamail.
    Phone is an OP8 with latest android 12 beta

4. Karl E.
    Cupcake May 18, 2022

Karl E. , May 18, 2022 :
    It seems, that Android 12 has introduced new challenges for the programmers due to the interaction with apps. My last idea was to join the beta-programm from Aqua Mail. The new beta releases adress some issues with Android 12 (AquaMail Forum: https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?board=9.0). After installing the latest beta (you can join the beta-programm via Google Play Store; it is not necessary to sideload the beta) synchronization in the background is working again. So I hope that the next stable release should bring back working synchronization in the background for every user of AquaMail on Android 12.