No System Update after updating-what to do?

1. Amuuz
    Eclair Dec 8, 2021

Amuuz , Dec 8, 2021 :
    I have the OnePlus 9 Pro:
    Updated the 5th, ~2 days ago. It wasn't working right then, but figured I'd fix it the next day, fast-forward to today.... Phone now thinks it's the India version, I'm in the US, there is NO Removed by mod System Update in the System Settings (I guess this would be like the locked phones which this is not, but who Removed by mod knows at this point, maybe somehow it's now locked) to update. I even reset/restored the phone and now have the same problems but missing a bunch of custom settings I don't even want to think about going back and resetting at this point. I run 2 SIM chips and the Verizon one isn't even working.

No update button in the system to update, so how would I even rollback anything, Oxygen or otherwise, SO where do I start to get this thing working?

No text or calls with Sim 1 (Verizon) and Sim 2 is acting wonky now.

Downgrade to OxygenOS 11/Android 11? how?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2021

2. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Dec 8, 2021

Best Answer
    Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 8, 2021 :
    If you have updated to OOS 12 then the following will get you back to Android 11.just be sure to pick your region for the MP file as stated in the post.

This is for Beta 12, but should work for Stable 12nas well.

BACKUP all data you wish to keep as this will WIPE your phone.

Make sure you have already downloaded the Android 11 Rollback installation file for your region, from the Beta 1 thread below.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-for-the-oneplus-9-and-oneplus-9-pro.1502946/
    If present, remove the .jar extension so it ends in .zip, place the file in your main storage away from any folders.

Once you have downloaded the Rollback file download the apk linked below to downgrade the ,
    https://oxygenos.oneplus.net/OPLocalUpdate_For_Android12.apk

Install the apk. Click open, then click on the gear wheel top right and it will detect the Android 11 Rollback file choose it and it will wipe your phone and allow the downgrade to take place

3. G_plusone
    Nougat Dec 8, 2021

4. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Dec 8, 2021

pablofg1978 , Dec 8, 2021 :
    Hello there,
    Please mind your language

Aaron2017 and Caomhin like this.
  5. Amuuz
    Eclair Dec 8, 2021

Amuuz , Dec 8, 2021 :
    There is only *'s not one "language" to mind, which was done purposefully. But, okay, no more *'s.

BERSEY DINO CIBIN X M likes this.
  6. Amuuz
    Eclair Dec 8, 2021

Amuuz , Dec 8, 2021 :
    I can download these two files, but how would I run them without update function in System Settings?
    upload_2021-12-8_7-9-43.jpeg

Caomhin likes this.
  7. Aaron2017
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Dec 8, 2021

Aaron2017 , Dec 8, 2021 :
    Download and install the APK he linked (it's the last link in his post). If it ends with .zip long press on it and remove that.

Caomhin likes this.
  8. Chris1223
    Honeycomb Dec 8, 2021

Chris1223 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 8, 2021 :
    One thing that stood out to me is the mentioning of two SIMs. The reason it probably thinks you have the India version is because the US version only has one sim slot. If you have two SIMs then you are not running the North America version.

9. Amuuz
    Eclair Dec 8, 2021

Amuuz , Dec 8, 2021 :
    I have it downloaded to the phone, how would I start it? Extract it and use the file explorer to start an .exe type file?

I have always run the 2 Sim's, this phone has been with me for 3 months now, I had 2 Sim's with the OnePlus 7 Pro for 2 years. I use 2 lines. The phone was fine until I upgraded.

Attached Files:

10. Aaron2017

No, if you've removed .zip you should just click on it to install it as an app. You should find it among your apps in the apps drawer

Caomhin, Amuuz and Bobbie63 like this.
  11. Amuuz
    Eclair Dec 8, 2021

Amuuz , Dec 8, 2021 :
    Okay, rollback taking place now. Thanks for the help.

Now, once it is installed, for upgrading, don't use OxygenUpdater, but use what exactly?? I still want to push the OS to the latest stable build.

12. Aaron2017

The latest stable build as in Oxygen OS12?

Caomhin likes this.
  13. Amuuz
    Eclair Dec 8, 2021

Amuuz , Dec 8, 2021 :
    Yes, if that is fully stable.

I presume it will just OTA the update, but want to make sure.

14. Aaron2017

That depends on who you ask... From what i can read the users who don't have major issues with Oxygen OS12 are greatly outnumbered. But they are out there though. But if you want to try it you can check the system to see if it's available for you or download the correct file for your region and do a local upgrade

Caomhin and Amuuz like this.
  15. Amuuz
    Eclair Dec 8, 2021

Amuuz , Dec 8, 2021 :
    I'll hold off on upgrading to 12 for now. So, staying on 11, it will just grab the updates OTA/automatically correct?

Caomhin likes this.
  16. Aaron2017

Yeah, if you stay on 11 you will get a notification from the system once oxygen OS 12 is available for you. Then it's up to you to download and install it or leave it be until a new update of Oxygen OS12 gets released that will (hopefully) be more stable.

Caomhin and Amuuz like this.
  17. Amuuz
    Eclair Dec 8, 2021

Amuuz , Dec 8, 2021 :
    Thank you Aaron2017 (and Caomhin), you have been indeed, very helpful!

This issue/updated literally stopped my life due to how integrated I am into the digital world. I'm leery about OnePlus updates and hope this is the only issue like this I stumble upon. I am a software engineer, so I'm not new to technology, but this has reinforced keeping local backups on top of my cloud back ups (I had Google back ups thankfully). I could have lost a lot of data which = money for me.

Caomhin and Aaron2017 like this.
  18. Aaron2017

You're welcome 👍
    I always keep a back up of important things on my PC, things have gone wrong in the past and i'm sure it will go wrong at some point in the future as well.

Amuuz and Caomhin like this.
  19. Amuuz
    Eclair Dec 9, 2021

Amuuz , Dec 9, 2021 :
    Updated to 12 after watching some of the new release videos and it came available natively. Working great, not many bugs and both SIMs working. Still setting some of my custom settings, but everything is working fantastic so far.

Does anyone use a local back/service to backup to their PC or a home network drive? I have Google Cloud and it works great, but I want a solid way to back up that will work on a schedule locally.

Caomhin likes this.