No tempered glass

1. isthatxavier
    Honeycomb May 8, 2017

isthatxavier , May 8, 2017 :
    If you're using your OnePlus3t without a tempered glass, clean the screen and you will see small scratches on the glass. No cracks but tiny little scratches. It makes me wonder if this is really gorilla Glass 4.

mast127, adhish_np and vincentyyh like this.
  2. Paragon7
    Cupcake May 8, 2017

Paragon7 , May 8, 2017 :
    Yeah, I noticed this. I have about two scratches they're really light but fairly big. Only noticeable in the brightest of conditions.
    Is a little annoying though as I thought it was spotless, device is new and I haven't dropped it etc.

3. @raghav
    Eclair May 8, 2017

@raghav , May 8, 2017 :
    that's why I bought an official tempered glass and still managed to get scratches on the tempered glass from day 1

4. isthatxavier
    Honeycomb May 8, 2017

yeah they are light blue an a bit shinning. Wow.... This is terrible OnePlus... Might have they used another glass and not gorilla Glass to reduce cost? I just bought mine one month a go.

5. Zenith69
    Cupcake May 8, 2017

Zenith69 , May 8, 2017 :
    you're right!!! I bought my op 3t one week ago...and it already got scratches!!!! I shouldn't have bought this [e]1f62d[/e][e]1f62d[/e] hate you oneplus!!!!

6. Andrew Z
    Honeycomb May 8, 2017

Andrew Z , May 8, 2017 :
    Both Oneplus 3 and 3t do have gorilla glass. Though you need to understand that Gorilla Glass still scratches at about hardness level of 7, so some sand, which is all around, can scratch it.

So if you really want to be sure not to have any scratches, the only option is to use screen protector (and that is true for all phones)

You can see an independent test here

P.S. Also make sure, that you have taken off the preinstalled plastic screen protector

Last edited: May 8, 2017

athaarv, meatandy and OmarFPG like this.
  7. akshay_sk
    Froyo May 8, 2017

akshay_sk , May 8, 2017 :
    guess I am lucky then...can't see any scratches on my one plus 3t. the screen protector that came with the phone peeled off within the first 30 days. Since then using it without any protector coz the one on their official site had been sold out for graphite version. Had a couple of situations where my phone fell on its face from a height, but still no scratches. the glass is living up to its name..

OmarFPG likes this.
  8. F_Joey_Hong_cNkf
    Eclair May 8, 2017

F_Joey_Hong_cNkf , May 8, 2017 :
    I've had my OnePlus 3 for about a year now, and I don't have a single scratch on the screen (no screen protector). I've even dropped it a few times, once off my bike, and it dinked the metal body, but no harm done to the screen at all.

9. rohancyberdude
    Eclair May 8, 2017

rohancyberdude , May 8, 2017 :
    sand or dust particles in pocket can easily scratch gorilla glass 4 as hardness of sand is 7-8 and gorilla glass is 6 . always use screen protector and replace every 4-6 months. best practice to do.

10. isthatxavier
    Honeycomb May 8, 2017

I have seen JerryRigEverything videos, I understand gorilla Glass 4 scratches at a level 6. However, in real life I have used 5 devices with gorilla Glass 4 and none have scratch for being in the pocket. Maybe it is an isolated issue.

athaarv, akshay_sk and Raiju like this.
  11. F_Amit_Kumar_Bidaser_NXR
    Gingerbread May 8, 2017

F_Amit_Kumar_Bidaser_NXR , May 8, 2017 :
    Gorilla glass does not gives a 100% Scrach resistance. you still need a screen protector. I have been using OnePlus 3t with a Chinese $2.5 tempered glass protector and it's perfect tly protecting my phone from any scratches.

12. F_Hardh_Patel_iwIg
    Cupcake May 8, 2017

F_Hardh_Patel_iwIg , May 8, 2017 :
    yaaa bro it's good to using this phone without screen guard... company fit a plastic sheet on screen .it's best...not necessary to buy a glass

13. isthatxavier
    Honeycomb May 8, 2017

can you guys recommend a full screen protector from eBay or Amazon?
    I bought one but due to the 2.5 curved screen, the screen didn't really look cool.

14. lukas391
    Honeycomb May 8, 2017

lukas391 , May 8, 2017 :
    It's scratches on oleophobic coating, not on screen and yeah, this is gorilla glass. When you will see scratches when screen is on then you can say that screen is sratched. Oleophobic coating sratches very easily.

SB78, Jose_Carranza and isthatxavier like this.
  15. isthatxavier
    Honeycomb May 8, 2017

That makes sense Lukas

Jose_Carranza likes this.
  16. lukas391
    Honeycomb May 8, 2017

17. Jose_Carranza
    Eclair May 8, 2017

Jose_Carranza , May 8, 2017 :
    Most don't know the difference.

SB78 likes this.
  18. isthatxavier
    Honeycomb May 8, 2017

I can see it with screen on but only if the light from the bulb is being reflected. Is there any way to rub it off? oleophobic oil?

19. Jose_Carranza
    Eclair May 8, 2017

Jose_Carranza , May 8, 2017 :
    I'm afraid I wouldn't have the answer, sorry.

20. isthatxavier
    Honeycomb May 8, 2017

I just read an article. Once the coat wears off, scratches will be gone too.

Jose_Carranza likes this.