No tv Installation via OnePlus 7

1. samipjasani
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2020

samipjasani , via OnePlus 7 , Jun 5, 2020 :
    I ordered the tv on Amazon. got the tv but no call from Amazon or OnePlus for installation. I am unable to get hold of customer care for either of them. wasted 1.5 hour twice calling on OnePlus care.

warranty terms says that it should be opened by technical expert. So the tv is sitting in the Box in my home since few days. this is unexpected as I have been oneplus's customer since OnePlus one days.

1591383113399.jpg 1591383224647.jpg

EDIT: Got it done by invoking a warranty claim on Amazon and a technician came to install it. All in all I got no answer from any customer care number, email or whatsapp support. Not Amazon and not Oneplus.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020

2. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 5, 2020

Tobikage , Jun 5, 2020 :
    So ? Want a medal ? Some stars next to your name ?

Drop them an email or open a chat with support ?

B_Wrath likes this.
  3. samipjasani
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2020

like I give a damn about medals. I am doing all this in an effort to reach them, which I am unable to. Which is evident if you tried to read anything in the message.

4. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 5, 2020

Tobikage , Jun 5, 2020 :
    Asking because you mentioned you've been a "customer since OnePlus One" and yoet your account show's you just joined in 2019.

Pointless posting about it here keep trying to contact the support team.

@Venky61

Anything the community here can help with or keep following up with Amazon / OnePlus support ?

Venky61 likes this.
  5. samipjasani
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2020

The oneplus one I purchased for my father and you can see, I am currently using op7. Thanks for the tip. I have messaged venky. I will try to follow up with amazon/oneplus. But that only works if I am able to connect to them.

6. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jun 6, 2020

Venky61 , Jun 6, 2020 :
    Hey,
    As you did not select the Free Installation option while checking out I doubt Amazon will be helping out in any way in this. Also due to COVID situation, right now there's no way to directly reach out to Amazon CS by chat or call. It's better to contact them via twitter and request them to send a technician if possible.

You can even drop a mail to OnePlus CS in the following format to check if they can send a technician or let you install without voiding the warranty.

OALEXANDER and Tobikage like this.
  7. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 6, 2020

Tobikage , Jun 6, 2020 :
    Okay...question from my side to understand this correctly,

So if someone who orders a TV does not select the Installation options at checkout , two things will happen-
    1. Amazon will not help with installation because I did not opt for it
    and to add to that
    2. OnePlus will void my warranty because I did not have a "technician" install it ?

o_O

8. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jun 6, 2020

Venky61 , Jun 6, 2020 :
    This is a strange case actually. No one opts to deselect something that's added by default and for free. But this proves that it can happen. :confused:

1. That is my understanding, as it's like a Freebie that you are getting while ordering. The installation service also comes with an order ID and belongs to Amazon Home Service and not OnePlus. So to assign a technician after the order has been placed is something on Amazon's discretion. They may or may not. But I hope they do in this case. If not OnePlus CS should be able to arrange for a technician even if it's on a service fee basis. I am trying to find out about that.

2. This has been a standard clause added these days by many manufacturers of Home Appliances to avoid any warranty claim due to the damage during installation or rather receiving a damaged product. It's better to be on a safer side.

samipjasani and Tobikage like this.

10. samipjasani
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2020

samipjasani , via OnePlus 7 , Jun 11, 2020 :
    I am not sure if you have read terms and conditions but here a pic

1591896970361.jpg

12. samipjasani
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2020

Tobikage likes this.