No Updates For The Regular OnePlus 7

1. PranavaRastogi
    Froyo Jul 11, 2019

PranavaRastogi , Jul 11, 2019 :
    Hey Everyone!

I know many people would call this as an irrelevant thread or unnecessary or maybe they will say to send this as feedback but wait and listen.

It is clear that OnePlus is simply not focusing on the regular OnePlus 7 as far as updates are concerned. There have been many bugs and issues which many people including me have reported through feedback but still there is no response back. It's kind of frustrating if you ask me when you spend so much money on a phone thinking it will be supported for long from a brand that is famous for it and then that simply does not makes it's way. It's really annoying to see my OnePlus 6 getting fast and regular updates and threads of OnePlus 7 Pro updates make me feel cheated for buying the regular OnePlus 7!!

A YouTube video of Tech Bar ( Review of OnePlus 7 ) clearly stated that although it's a good phone but simply since the company is ignoring this phone therefore you should also, which to be honest is true for consumers! What is the use of buying a phone in which the company is not interested that much.

OnePlus 7 is an Amazon best seller and I am sure OnePlus must have sold much more units of the 7 than the 7 Pro, but still no attention is given to us. I know the OnePlus 7 reflects the true philosophy of OnePlus, providing us with best of technology at the most affordable price but without proper support from the company I don't think this idealogy stands on its grounds.

At last I would request @Manu J. to kindly look into the matter and at least give us a response with an ETA or something 'cause I think we atleast deserve some answers from you.

Thank You !!

(And Please Provide Regular and Fast Updates to The Regular OnePlus 7)

Never Settle!!

2. Intruder71
    Lollipop Jul 11, 2019

Intruder71 , Jul 11, 2019 :
    1 a week 1 a day? You get more updates than most OEMs provide..

Kaizaadbanaji, Matt 80 and B_Wrath like this.
  3. PranavaRastogi
    Froyo Jul 11, 2019

PranavaRastogi , Jul 11, 2019 :
    Hey the 7 pro got 5 updates in almost 2 months 7 got 2 updates in almost 1.5 months !! isn't it unfair ??

4. Intruder71
    Lollipop Jul 12, 2019

Intruder71 , Jul 12, 2019 :
    Boohoo you sound like a child...

Matt 80 likes this.
  5. PranavaRastogi
    Froyo Jul 12, 2019

PranavaRastogi , Jul 12, 2019 :
    Spend money and get a phone with great expectations and then they are all shattered.........You feel like it !!

6. Intruder71
    Lollipop Jul 12, 2019

Grow up

Matt 80 likes this.
  7. PranavaRastogi
    Froyo Jul 12, 2019

8. karthik oneplus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 12, 2019

karthik oneplus , Jul 12, 2019 :
    It's always like that for all manufacturers. Nothing new might be you are new to Android. If you buy a phone for 15k you will not even get 2 major software updates.

Kaizaadbanaji likes this.
  9. Intruder71
    Lollipop Jul 12, 2019

Rubbish

Matt 80 likes this.
  10. PranavaRastogi
    Froyo Jul 12, 2019

Man i have been an android user since 2012
    I owned a OnePlus 6 and it was never like this ..Hope you understand!!

11. PranavaRastogi
    Froyo Jul 12, 2019

12. karthik oneplus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 12, 2019

karthik oneplus , Jul 12, 2019 :
    May I know what update are you looking for in specific?
    Oneplus 7 pro has lots of bugs and issues. And since oneplus considers it as premium phone obviously they will have to look into it or would not sell.
    Is there similar issues with 7 then escalate it. It's not fair to just expect update just for the sake of it other than monthly security updates. Even I am currently using oneplus 3T and I don't think I was getting updates regularly. Might be once in 3 months or something.

rahulchaks and Kaizaadbanaji like this.
  13. PranavaRastogi
    Froyo Jul 12, 2019

See . ...There are a lot of issues with the device i need not elaborate all of them in this comment as they have been widespread all over the community app and feedback section.
    As far as 7 Pro is concerned kindly read my post and then say anything. The regular OnePlus 7 denotes the true philosophy of the company. It has been sold more than the 7 Pro and users of OnePlus 7 are the old target market of the company therefore these are the users who have always known the company and its updates strategy thus kindly see before you speak. Hope this helps!!

14. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Jul 12, 2019

Best Answer
    camohan , Jul 12, 2019 :
    Let's break down the wall of text into meaningful paragraphs.

It is clear that OnePlus is simply not focusing on the regular OnePlus 7 as far as updates are concerned.

There have been many bugs and issues which many people including me have reported through feedback but still there is no response back.

OnePlus 7 was released on May 14. May I know when did you buy the device and submittee bugs. Also I would like to know what are those bugs and feedback other people have reported as claimed by you.

I would like to tell you some fun fact : Assuming you bought the device on first day and reported bugs on first day. The bugs are categorised into pririoties depending on if that bug is a show stopper, has been infecting many devices, reproduced by bug hunter, analysing logs to study cause and solution.

Do you know it takes lot of similar reports to identify the bugs priority and study. If it's infecting a handful of devices than it's very specific and needs more investigation.

So let's just gather your facts on bugs, when was it reported, etc to have a meaningful and constructive discussion instead of just a rant.

It's kind of frustrating if you ask me when you spend so much money on a phone thinking it will be supported for long from a brand that is famous for it and then that simply does not makes it's way.

Is your device facing some issues and that's why you are frustrated or you are just furious because someone else device is getting updates and yours not. In my opinion it's user state of mind issue and not oneplus fault.

The support to oneplus7 is not ceased so I don't see why you are frustrated.

It's really annoying to see my OnePlus 6 getting fast and regular updates and threads of OnePlus 7 Pro updates make me feel cheated for buying the regular OnePlus 7!!

Cheating is to act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage. You are probably interpretating the word cheating very loosely. No one can do anything if you interpret it in a wrong way.

A YouTube video of Tech Bar ( Review of OnePlus 7 ) clearly stated that although it's a good phone but simply since the company is ignoring this phone therefore you should also, which to be honest is true for consumers! What is the use of buying a phone in which the company is not interested that much.

I guess you should ask the same youtube reviewer since you believe them more than company. I am bit surprised on how a user who is using Android since 2012 was made to believe something which is useless. To me personally, youtuber will speak good if they are fed well and negative if they are not. Trust your instincts.

OnePlus 7 is an Amazon best seller and I am sure OnePlus must have sold much more units of the 7 than the 7 Pro, but still no attention is given to us. I know the OnePlus 7 reflects the true philosophy of OnePlus, providing us with best of technology at the most affordable price but without proper support from the company I don't think this idealogy stands on its grounds.

No company decides the future of a device on the number of units they sell. The minds of company works in a much better way, it is not only about the money but also about their goodwill and trust they have built over the years. I am sorry to say you are thinking in wrong direction here. A company which can provide a 3 year old phone a update means the company has high standards than a individual can think.

At last I would request @Manu J. to kindly look into the matter and at least give us a response with an ETA or something 'cause I think we atleast deserve some answers from you.

I am not sure if Manu J will come and reply here. But I am very clear there are no ETAs in Android world. This is least expected from a user who uses Android since 2012.

Your thread doesn't seem constructive enough atleast to me for an answer.

And Please Provide Regular and Fast Updates to The Regular OnePlus 7

The device has been released just 2 months back. It has life of 2 years. Have patience. There is no point of issuing updates for the sake of it. The same user will then complain there is nothing in the update.

Lastly, one should understand the software of oneplus 7 is more stable and warrants lesser bug fixing. The oneplus 7 pro is a different device and has more bugs to be resolved. Quality over quantity matters.

15. PranavaRastogi
    Froyo Jul 12, 2019

Indeed I am impressed

Great amount of time and effort is what you must have invested in writing this long Comment !

Okay here is the thing ! Let me be more and more clear
    You are taking everything too literally!!
    What i wanted to say through that post is that OnePlus is not taking things seriously with the 7 as I thought they should (Being a OnePlus 6 user before)
    I bought the 7 on 16th June ( Because it went on sale on 4th June rather than 14th May, which was it's launch date) and ever since i have been like many others sending feedback and reporting bugs! The camera quality is not up to mark as it has a problem of over saturation and over exposure, the battery life has seen a big hit and with moderate usage i have been hitting max. 5hrs of SOT, the proximity sensor is acting crazy all the time which is frustrating and features such as Haptik Feedback Enhancement and Pocket mode are missing from the device!!

Lastly i want to be clear that i am not against OnePlus! I bought the 7 cause i was satisfied with the 6 ! And i would expect it to be atleast the same level of satisfaction if not more but strangely it was less this time around which really escalated my frustrations like everyone else!

That post was to clear out things and give a proof that even we (OnePlus 7 users) exist . I am not advocating OnePlus for providing Updates to the OnePlus 7 Pro but i want to say that they should do the same for the 7 as well !!

I know i didn't spend as much time and effort as you did but hope this settles everything!!

16. G_vennavalli_ashok_rstl
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2019

G_vennavalli_ashok_rstl , Jul 17, 2019 :
    lol u need updates for oneplus 3t now .

17. karthik oneplus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 17, 2019

karthik oneplus , Jul 17, 2019 :
    He might be an employee to spend so much time on comment section

18. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Jul 17, 2019

B_Wrath , Jul 17, 2019 :
    No. He is not a OnePlus employee. But he is a moderator.

rarog likes this.
  19. Cloudane
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2019

Cloudane , Aug 14, 2019 :
    Hmm so is there any weight in this or is it just one guy ranting? For example have the big camera updates (not just for the Pro lenses but better nightscape etc) been rolled out to the non-pro? Are there more updates for the Pro just because there are more bugs on the Pro (after all that's a very new device whilst this is more a revision of the 6T)?

It's the one thing I'm a bit nervous off before I go buying one. I think I genuinely would prefer the non-pro model (prefer a flat screen for one thing) but when you're looking around online it's like it doesn't exist, it's all Pro this and Pro that. As long as OP doesn't forget it exists then it's all good, but I don't want to see it neglected. Sometime in the future when a new Android version comes out, the last thing I want to see is "Pro only, OP7 might get it eventually"

20. keithnyc
    Lollipop Moderator Aug 14, 2019

keithnyc , Aug 14, 2019 :
    None of the moderators are employees of OnePlus. Camohan simply wanted to take the time to give you a clear answer.
    Thanks, @camohan