Sound No widget for Oneplus music app?

1. mj_diamond
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2016

mj_diamond , Dec 6, 2016 :
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum, so bear with me on this one

Simple question, is there a widget for the Oneplus music app (the preinstalled app)? i know there's one that popups in the notifications drawer and also in the lockscreen when you are listening to music, but is there a way to stick this widget in a homescreen or, even better, in the lateral shelf?

I know you can do this with the Google Play Music app, but i hate that app, the UI is such a mess, way too oriented to streaming (in countries with bad and expensive LTE, such as mine, streaming is not really an option), also there is a problem with the two finger swipe music gesture in this app: if you clear the recent apps, oxygenOS somehow "forgets" about it, and it doesn't work (the phone vibrates but music won't play), i just submitted a bug report about this issue

Any ideas about the Oneplus music app widget?

2. xenix
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2017

xenix , Jan 4, 2017 :
    I'm searching for that,too.
    I like the standard app as well.

3. mj_diamond
    Gingerbread Jan 4, 2017

mj_diamond , Jan 4, 2017 :
    So far, no widget in Nougat.. damn..

4. johnhart
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 5, 2017

johnhart , Jan 5, 2017 :
    It is the most obnoxious frickin' app I've ever seen.

As an iPhone convert I tried to be a good sport and move my music collection over to the app. Why? Can't be hands free with Apple Music. (Yet?) So I have a big collection and the import process was... the word suck comes to mind. But that was partially my fault so okay. Still --

-- when you finally get it working at least half okay -- GPMusic wants you to kinda forget about your own music. It keeps pushing things I don't want in my face. I don't mind if it wants me to do a Pandora like thing and maybe subscribe to stuff -- it just POKES YOUR EYES OUT doing so.

5. mj_diamond
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2017

mj_diamond , Jan 5, 2017 :
    Yeah, it's a sh*tty app, i preffer the stock one by a lot

If you wanna keep using Google Play Music, you can toggle on the "only downloaded" option, to avoid those annoying crappy suggestions, but it's still a sh*tty app

6. johnhart

7. mj_diamond
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2017

8. johnhart

johnhart , Jan 5, 2017 :
    Oh crepe. I have nothing downloaded. And I don't want to. What I want is my music library front and foremost for streaming. I see a way to do it but the interface is still so messy.

But feel free to remain blessed.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017

9. mj_diamond
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2017

mj_diamond , Jan 5, 2017 :
    You can't take that bless from me! hahaha just kidding

Mmmmm maybe a modified apk version of Google Play Music, that blocks the suggestions or something? i found this, not sure if it works, and you need xposed

10. Illy1967
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2017

11. utsav22
    Donut Feb 16, 2017

12. thaesan711
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2017

thaesan711 , Feb 16, 2017 :
    yea im disappointed OnePlus never incoprated any widget for the home screen, especially since they emphasize on having room for customization. Even worse u cant even create a playlist for ur songs so when a man is taking a long refreshing bath, they cant even set the songs to play in a chronological order. like how can they screw something as simple as that but glad i can put music in my phone via otg cable it's convenient.