[Submitted] Noise cancelling mic too aggressive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrogonso Donut Mar 29, 2017

macrogonso, Mar 29, 2017 :
    If it were software problem, they would have already fixed it
    I think it's a very cheap microphone. An iphone 4 records better

This is a big problem for me. I thing I have to sell my Op3t. NEVER SETTLE?

2. metRo_ Cupcake Apr 9, 2017

3. olemyg Cupcake Jul 12, 2017

4. kumarbablu679 Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

kumarbablu679, Jul 14, 2017 :
    Voices are barely audible and ambient sound from the surrounding is dead silent. If you record a video for example you can basically hear when the noise cancellation kicks in and mutes everything. are, and record video/audio. Often pops/crackles. Very noticeable in Snapchat, when I record something (let's say the TV) it crackles very heavily and is barely audible. Unless the sound is almost directly next to the phone, it tries to cancel it out.

5. Cubras Cupcake Jul 18, 2017

Cubras, Jul 18, 2017 :
    What happened if you did a custom rom? Did you still had the issue? (this way you will know if it is software or hardware problem).

6. kelvinkhq Cupcake Jul 30, 2017

kelvinkhq, Jul 30, 2017 :
    I can confirm this issue. When I tried HI-Q MP3 Recorder with raw audio selected in mic selection which means there will be no processing at all (no noise cancellation) and it sounds good surprisingly so is there any way to completely disable this noise cancellation thingy?

7. F_Steven_Cabrera_vHHl Cupcake Nov 24, 2017

F_Steven_Cabrera_vHHl, Nov 24, 2017 :
    i gave up on this garbage company. I cant even makes calls because the person on the other line cant hear me, literally from one day to the other it just stopped working.

For someone reason while using the recording app i and record fine.

8. Mich O. Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 28, 2017

Mich O., Nov 28, 2017 :
    Dear OnePlus Users,

Good day!

This is from OnePlus Bug Hunters. Thank you for the patience, unfortunately we are unable to fix this issue. We will be closing this thread.

Thank you and good day.

Kind regards,
    OnePlus Bug Hunters