Nord camera app and image quality via OnePlus Community App

1. SahilJindal01 , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Has anyone observed that Nord 2 camera app has degraded and the images came out to be less detailed.

Software seems to be a problem. I maybe wrong but I am comparing with Nord 1, one plus 8t, 5t and 3. Honestly I have a feeling that one plus 3 is capturing better details with 16 megapixel compared to 50 megapixel Nord camera.

Mayank_Tiwari_ likes this.

3. SahilJindal01 , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 2, 2021 :
    Hardware isn't the problem. It seems as if the developers didn't put an effort into the software and UI of the camera. The beautification tool seems to be always on even when I set it to 0%. There is always an inbuilt smoothing happening which is really annoying. The colours are also flat. The hassleblad partnership has degraded the camera. I believe that camera management has been outsourced to hassleblad. Since Nord is not hassleblad branded they didn't make an effort on Nord 2. They just copy pasted the color os camera software and some other stuff and put a blind eye to use the full extent of the camera hardware.

Really disappointed. Will be observing if one plus makes any changes to the software.

Ps: OnePlus needs a dedicated team for Nord series camera if they want to continue its user base. Recently there have been increasingly bad comments and reviews from many of my friends too who were a "fan" of one plus. Hope it changes soon and one plus reverts back to the company we all loved so much.

4. Fast_and_Curious
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2021

Fast_and_Curious , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 2, 2021 :
    There are people who ask for oppo color OS camera apk to be working on the nord. https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oppo-reno-5-pro-stock-camera-apk-for-nord.1392082/

And then there are people like you who want it specifically developed for the nord.

And there are others who want GCam to be working perfectly.

From the point of view of Oneplus, what should be done? You can provide a feedback through the right channel if you want. But I agree, Oneplus does need to work on their camera software.

5. SahilJindal01 , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 2, 2021 :
    I don't care about other companies camera app to work on Nord or not. I just want to have a good camera software for Nord 2 and not some below average one which one plus has shipped with its Nord. I mean look at the hardware. It has a great sony sensor. It seems like someone has gone to a great resturant and the chef has made delicious food but the hotel management is so bad that they are sending dirty plates for customers to eat that food.