Nord N10 5G Model: BE2028 (T-Mobile) - Firmware Wanted

1. inductivesoul
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2021

inductivesoul , Apr 15, 2021 :
    Firmware Wanted!

Phone: Nord N10 5G
    Model: BE2028
    Carrier: T-Mobile - USA

I hope this is not too far left field for this forum, but does anyone have the (stock) T-Mobile firmware for the N10 5G?

It would be nice to have in case anyone needs to flash it back to stock.

LGranadoT and N1610909729913 like this.
  2. drl431
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 15, 2021

drl431 , Apr 15, 2021 :
    Hi, that is a carrier locked phone, so you wont have the option to do a local update.
    Updates are provided by and controlled by T-Mobile.
    You can do a factory reset, but the OS version will stay as it is.
    Check out the T-Mobile sub-forum for more info:
    T-Mobile - OnePlus Community

Caoimhín likes this.

4. inductivesoul , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G T-Mobile , Apr 24, 2021 :
    I have it carrier unlocked, and BootLoader unlocked, but I need the factory firmware before I go tinkering under the hood in case and when I break something I can start over....

spidermonkeyj75 likes this.
  5. drl431
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 24, 2021

drl431 , Apr 24, 2021 :
    You can get the global OS rom in the support tab on the OnePlus website, in software upgrades section. For the TMO OS version, maybe someone in the TMO forum (or xda website) can help. Also note that converting a carrier variant phone to global could cause security issues with financial apps and paid streaming apps, because of a mismatch between the bootloader and the OS.

Caoimhín likes this.
  6. Chris1223 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G Metro , May 11, 2021 :
    This is why I don't like cell carrier specific ROMs. You ask the carrier for access to the ROM files and they act like they have no idea what you're talking about and refer you straight back to the OEM. As far as I know the OEM firmware will not work with the MetroPCS or T-Mobile phones. Which is sad because the OnePlus firmware is newer and who knows when we'll get the updated version from T-Mobile or MetroPCS.

7. Chris1223 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G Metro , May 11, 2021 :
    Is there a way to upgrade the OnePlus Nord N10 5G Metro and T-Mobile phones to the OnePlus's website firmware? The T-Mobile and Metro versions are outdated already and no one from OnePlus or from Metro on Twitter can effectively answer this question.

8. Chris1223 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G Metro , May 13, 2021 :
    I have been looking for the T-Mobile or Metro PCS firmware as well. T-Mobile and OnePlus are basically useless in trying to find the firmware. "Just do an over-the-air update" doesn't resolve this problem or other problems that may require a hard copy of the firmware.

9. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 14, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 14, 2021 :
    You can use this info at XDA to get a version of the firmware these details are specifically Metro PCS

[OPN105G][OOS METRO BE88CF] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...l-to-restore-your-device-to-oxygenos.4245461/

Files for all regions, carriers here. N10 5G.
    https://onepluscommunityserver.com/list/Unbrick_Tools/OnePlus_Nord_N10_5G/