[North America Megathread] Not a Keynote. Tune in for the OnePlus 7T Reveal.

1. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Sep 16, 2019

Ruby G. , Sep 16, 2019 :
    5d3a7ff9.png

Can you feel the energy on the forums right now?

I wish you were sitting next to me, so that you could feel the buzz of activity that’s swarming the New York office right now. I’ve been with OnePlus for six launches now, and I have to say, this launch is unlike any of the ones before.

No keynote.
    No ticket.
    No stage.

I've sketched out a timeline below so that you don’t miss any of the fun this month.

September 16-26. Submit your questions for the AMA event with Powerbang for a chance to win Bullets Wireless 2 and more.
    September 23-26. Speak your excitement (or nonsense) in the Launch Countdown Megachat. Prizes and chatting rules change daily, with unlimited entries per user.
    September 26. Tune in at 10:30AM ET for the livestream to get your first look of the OnePlus 7T in a way you haven’t seen before. The live AMA with Powerbang will kick off right after the broadcast of the OnePlus 7T Reveal.
    • Links to watch NA launch broadcast:
    Via OnePlus.com Broadcast
    Via Twitter
    Via YouTube
    For double the launch fun, enter this Win a Trip contest, which our HQ team has opened up to our North America community. Along with plane tickets, a swanky hotel and a backstage tour of the EU launch event in October, you’ll get the chance to meet and lunch with @Pete.

Let me know if you have any questions about launch in the comments!

2. Antonio_Luis
    Eclair Sep 16, 2019

3. JelleZon
    Lollipop Sep 16, 2019

borisnjx, Alex Rossow and G_plusone like this.
  4. meatandy
    Oreo Sep 16, 2019

meatandy , Sep 16, 2019 :
    Sounds like a great time , hopefully some NA. community members can attend the launch in London.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019

5. Ruby G.

Trista W., cdnfarmer and G_plusone like this.
  6. etostonhaess
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  7. dcmcc24
    KitKat Sep 16, 2019

8. JelleZon
    Lollipop Sep 16, 2019

Sandel27 likes this.
  9. Ruby G.

Ruby G. , Sep 16, 2019 :
    Can't reveal too much but each of the regional launch events will have their own surprises :)

10. JelleZon
    Lollipop Sep 16, 2019

JelleZon , Sep 16, 2019 :
    Th
    Well, that sounds interesting :D

cdnfarmer likes this.
  11. Starcommander
    KitKat Sep 16, 2019

Starcommander , Sep 16, 2019 :
    The hype is real @Ruby G.
    Can I work for oneplus :oops:
    This launch time work excites me:rolleyes:

dcmcc24, G_plusone and Ruby G. like this.
  12. Starcommander
    KitKat Sep 16, 2019

13. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Sep 16, 2019

The1Lion , Sep 16, 2019 :
    Hmmm, to get a passport or to not get a passport? :confused: Risk the wife's fury if I go to Europe without her, or stay home safely? :p

14. Texasaggie1
    US Brand Ambassador Sep 16, 2019

USBA JasonB, Ruby G. and G_plusone like this.
  15. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Sep 16, 2019

G_plusone , Sep 16, 2019 :
    No notch :eek: :p
    This new approach is exciting indeed.

Nope :p

cdnfarmer and Starcommander like this.
  16. DennisCollado
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2019

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  17. Ruby G.

18. Starcommander
    KitKat Sep 16, 2019

dcmcc24 and Cheetosdust like this.
  19. Starcommander
    KitKat Sep 16, 2019

Cheetosdust likes this.
  20. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Sep 16, 2019

Cheetosdust , Sep 16, 2019 :
    During the last few weeks I took a spiritual retreat on the foothills of Mount Hong Bao, so now I'm much more mature, after finding my inner cheetos and my inner dust too.

So I'm afraid I don't get that joke with the bee these days as a I am a new Cheetosdust, a Cheetosdust T if you will, even smoother than before. Bees for me are now just beautiful creatures that make honey or a character that made Jerry Seinfeld a few million dollars.

Just a fun fact about my trip to Mount Hong Bao. One day it was really hot and the monk said to us:

- Our words are within us and only we can reach for them to form our unique voice. Even that bee in the corner is listening while it's also cooling down by that bucket. The bee will use its inner words to make even better honey one day.

It was a great lesson, however, it was not a bee in the corner, it was the co-founder of a tech company wearing a costume. He was not there to listen, he was there to steal all the buckets he could find and instead of buzzing buzzing buzzing, that bee kept saying:

- I have an idea, I have an idea with water and buckets. Leave me alone, bzzzzzzz, where's the door bzzzzzzz? (hmm, I guess he was buzzing a little after all)

My point is, @Ruby G.: I'm pretty sure that's @Carl around the office and I'm also pretty he will drop every single device inside a bucket. Why? Because he stole a bunch of them from my mentor that day. My mentor was not the same ever since. He's now a Community Consultant, shaved his head, says he's from Portugal when he's actually from the field - yeah, just a field with a rock.

I know what you are thinking: Cheetos, my man, your spiritual retreat was rubbish, you just made another joke about the whole bee situation. And to that I say: have you seen who my mentor was? ;)