Not a single OP6 Popup Event in the southern hemisphere!

1. v81
    Cupcake May 4, 2018

v81 , May 4, 2018 :
    That's pretty disappointing.
    Almost 30 locations in the northern hemisphere, but not a single one in the entire bottom half of the globe.
    South America, Africa, Australia and New Zealand entirely forgotten.

How hard would it be to ship a few cartons to each continent and send a rep or 2 to each to build your brand and a bit of goodwill in these areas?

Rusty NZ likes this.
  2. meatandy
    Oreo May 4, 2018

meatandy , May 4, 2018 :
    They have been forgotten for some time , Oneplus already discontinued selling to Australia and New Zealand over a year ago , So why would Oneplus hold a the launch with a pop-up in those locations.
    Link

Goodwill doesn't make money , just saying...

3. allisterr
    Honeycomb May 4, 2018

allisterr , May 4, 2018 :
    They prefer their partners in Africa to continue to sell the old oneplus 5 for over 1000 usd [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e] I just don't think they care about other locations to be honest. That's why Samsung, Apple and Huawei thrive there.

4. allisterr
    Honeycomb May 4, 2018

allisterr , May 4, 2018 :
    Because Australia and New Zealand are comparitively rich countries globally, even when compared to most of Europe. I'm quite surprised they gave up on these markets to be honest. But I guess Apple and Samsung will always be there.

Rusty NZ likes this.
  5. lostLambda
    Lollipop May 4, 2018

lostLambda , May 4, 2018 :
    I think there's one in Antarctica :p

meatandy likes this.
  6. An.I.Am
    Jelly Bean Moderator May 4, 2018

An.I.Am , May 4, 2018 :
    If they can't get a proper system in place to store, ship and repair the phones what is the point of selling there? They're still struggling with the current markets, let alone starting with a new one.

ghostofcain and meatandy like this.
  7. v81
    Cupcake May 4, 2018

v81 , May 4, 2018 :
    I think statistically you're correct, but there is an issue in Australia of a massive wage disparity, so there is a small group of people being paid extremely well, and a moderate group being paid poorly with many riding the poverty line. For the group that can afford AUD$1k+ flagships that's fine, but there is a large group that have a bit less to spend, and many are unaware of the OP brand. Sounds like a perfect opportunity for OP and for those with less to spend.

8. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow May 4, 2018

ghostofcain , May 4, 2018 :
    Except when they tried it ,with the OP5, they failed .