Not able to select phone calls in Bluetooth paired device

1. DJNi3
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2018

DJNi3 , Oct 22, 2018 :
    I have paired my car audio system via Bluetooth.
    But not able use Bluetooth while outgoing / incoming calls.
    I have to use phone speaker. When I checked in the Bluetooth settings, phone calls option is unticked and not able to select the same.
    1540223147323.jpg
    please help

rajanant11 likes this.
  2. Z1540223289504
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2018

3. rajanant11
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2018

rajanant11 , Oct 22, 2018 :
    I am also facing the same issue with my op5.
    My speaker JBL flip 3 works fine for any music but call sound doesn't come in speaker.
    I was able to solve the issue by clearing the cache from recovery mode but after some time the issue again starts.
    I have to clear cache in recovery mode every time i want to check PHONECALLS option for Bluetooth.
    This is very frustrating.
    Hope OnePlus would do something.

4. NiKuchroo
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2018

NiKuchroo , Oct 23, 2018 :
    I too faced a same issue in my car and reported the bug. OnePlus will apparently fix this in the next update. Meanwhile as a workaround go to settings>Location>(3dots)>scanning>disable bluetooth scanning. This solved the problem for me.

5. F_Bernard_Michel_DTFd
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2018

F_Bernard_Michel_DTFd , Oct 23, 2018 :
    same issue for me, in the previous car it was working perfectly, now its a new one but same brand, so same audio system, it worked once, and now no audio for phone calls. I will try the workaround from NiKuchroo.

6. henryk722
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2018

henryk722 , Oct 23, 2018 :
    Go to Settings, then Bluetooth. Turn off the Bluetooth and the screen should show a link for the scanning settings. Click the link to turn off your app settings. Then it should work

7. F_Bernard_Michel_DTFd
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2018

8. Noosiekins
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2018

Noosiekins , Oct 25, 2018 :
    Glad I am not the only one with this problem! it's been driving me insane! I can't answer calls or make calls because it connects sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. I can get it back when I reboot my phone and try to connect again (I'm connected to my phone via usb to use Android Auto).

I will have to try @NiKuchroo's recommendation and see if that works.

NiKuchroo likes this.
  9. Sai Krishna Thorata
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 25, 2018