[Answered] Not able to send Premium SMS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pankaj.1207
    Donut May 16, 2017

pankaj.1207 , May 16, 2017 :
    Hi,
    I am not able to send any premium sms from my oneplus 3T phone. I came across most of the thread with the same issue where oneplus is asking "What premium sms is?" Premium SMS is nothing but means that the user of the recipient phone rather than the message sender is charged for the cost of the SMS message received. It usually a 3,4,5 digit numbers. Such as- customer care number eg. 121,1900, 111 etc.

2. pankaj.1207
    Donut May 31, 2017

pankaj.1207 , May 31, 2017 :
    Ok Guys have got the solution for this finally .. phewww. I had opened a Bug with Oneplus and they helped me on this. Follow the below steps
    Just goto Settings->Apps->Click on the gear symbol(top right)->Special Access->Draw over the apps->Click on the three-dot menu(top right)->Show system->scroll down and find "Phone Services"->Turn it on, that's it. Now go to your sms app and try sending any sms to the premium number. You will be prompted to with an alert box to send it or not. check the box with "Remember my choice". Now when you go and check Settings->Apps->Click on the gear symbol(top right)->Special Access->Premium SMS access, you can find your sms app listed there.

Cheers!!

3. Mich O.
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 31, 2017

Mich O. , May 31, 2017 :
    Update from the user:
    I have turned on the "Phone Services" under draw over the apps and after that, the problem is fixed. I am able to send the SMS to premium numbers now. Thanks so much for your help.

Marked 'Solved' and closed.

pankaj.1207 likes this.