Not all contacts getting synced on the 5T

1. shaad17
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

shaad17 , Dec 6, 2017 :
    I just got my OP5T and only some of my contacts are getting synced from Google. I factory reset my phone and some of the contacts synced but still not all

2. kevinkrg6
    Honeycomb Dec 6, 2017

kevinkrg6 , Dec 6, 2017 :
    You must have saved some of your contacts directly on your last phone and now they are gone.

Or maybe you had two Google accounts?

There is only one way to know:

Log into Google contacts on a computer, or your phone's web browser using your Google account:
    https://contacts.google.com

If your contacts are missing there too, it is not a problem with the phone, it is that those contacts are not in the account to begin with.

3. G_Tamás_János_Földi_w
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

G_Tamás_János_Földi_w , Dec 6, 2017 :
    I'm having the same issue on my OP5T, tried to reset my phone also export and import all my contacts into Google, but some of them still not synced. If I search them in my browser I can find all of them. Actually I had 426 and got synced 216. After deleting some unused contacts I have 160 and 78 synced :/

4. shaad17
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

shaad17 , Dec 6, 2017 :
    I didn't have a second account. The missing contacts are showing up on contacts.google.com

5. jonathanwisgerhof
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

jonathanwisgerhof , Dec 6, 2017 :
    I'm having the same issue on my OP5T, tried all options above still without solution.

edit:
    as soon as a remove a URL saved to a contact the sync of the contact succeeds!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017

6. G_Tamás_János_Földi_w
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

7. jasonarima
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2017

jasonarima , Dec 6, 2017 :
    What do you mean remove the link from the contact?
    Do you mean you remove some fields of your specific contact data?

8. G_Tamás_János_Földi_w
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2017

G_Tamás_János_Földi_w , Dec 6, 2017 :
    Yes, there is a filed where you can specify website addresses (in my case there are facebook profile link) if I delete this field the contact got synced

jasonarima likes this.
  9. tonyreilly
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2017

10. G_Yossi_Medina_GAqS
    Donut Dec 8, 2017

G_Yossi_Medina_GAqS , Dec 8, 2017 :
    Some of your contacts may have been saved to your sim card, or another account. I had a similar issue as I used several accounts. ended up using an app that exported all contacts from all accounts to one file then imported it to my new phone.