Not detecting USB-C headphones via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Hamdude55
    Cupcake Mar 31, 2020

Hamdude55 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 31, 2020 :
    I am experiencing a recurring issue where my OnePlus 7 Pro will not detect my headphones after I plug them in, and it will instead continue playing audio through the speakers. While this does not occur all the time and can be fixed by restarting the phone, it would be great if this issue got resolved - it's very frustrating to have to restart my phone so frequently. I am using Bose SoundTrue Ultra earbuds (2016) with a 3.5mm to USB-C adapter. I made sure that the issue was not with the earbuds or adapter by testing them with a number of different devices (iPad, laptop, other phones), and it remains that this issue only occurs in my OnePlus 7 Pro.

2. TheJuli
    Froyo Apr 1, 2020

3. Nicj27
    Cupcake May 5, 2020

Nicj27 , May 5, 2020 :
    having the same issue with 5G version of phone

even with OTG turned on and enabled audio routing in settings it does require a restart (every time)

would be great if anyone had a solution that didn't involve restarting phone

4. Zitius
    Cupcake May 16, 2020

Zitius , May 16, 2020 :
    Hi I have the same problem... But your solution is not working... Only restart works for the moment, I unplugged the earphones and after a few minutes if I try to plug again it doesn't detect the earphones... Only adapter usb c to 3.5 mm works... Help!

Last edited: May 17, 2020

5. iConiCdays
    Cupcake May 17, 2020

iConiCdays , May 17, 2020 :
    I've had this problem for months now and I for the life of me cannot solve it - my findings however.

A restart always fixes it temporarily, then like others have said, it happens again after an arbitrary amount of time - looking online, progress speculate it's a rogue app causing this, which is why a restart works, but I have no way to tell "which" app.

It's not just headphones, but USB memory sticks too. Using a USBC to usb A adapter and a memory stick will not work until the phone is rebooted.

I'd love for some help with this