Not happy with the new update for Oneplus 3

1. G_Shubhangi_Jha_shvP
    Donut Jan 20, 2017

G_Shubhangi_Jha_shvP , Jan 20, 2017 :
    The new update is just not working for me. All my contacts are lost and I can't even add new. My log list shows nothing. The performance has slowed down. The battery drains in 4-5 hours. Not expected from a brand like Oneplus. Please help.

2. rahulkawtge
    Donut Jan 20, 2017

rahulkawtge , Jan 20, 2017 :
    Do not worry about it miss , first you need to calm down and u need to know that all OP3 handset's give almost of about 4 to 5 hours of screen on time i bet you any OP3 should give atleast a screen on time of about 4 hours from 100% to 5% , i kindly request you to upload the pictures of the battery usage so that we can get to know where is the battery being drained . Now comming to the contacts miss i guess your gmail is not properly syncd or maybe you preffered to staore contats on the cell phone memory rather than saving it to gmail so please try syncing it and restart the cell phone. Ty

3. Bharath Kataria
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2017

Bharath Kataria , Jan 20, 2017 :
    hi , even I am using one plus 3 , I am also facing the same issues , I have synced my phone to Google account since I bought this but still the contacts get deleted and battery just drains within few hours .

4. rboccadoro
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2017

rboccadoro , Jan 20, 2017 :
    Same for me, I lost all my contatcs, and I can't access my gmail account anymore to see them

5. G_Vipin_Mathew_AsIq
    Donut Jan 20, 2017

G_Vipin_Mathew_AsIq , Jan 20, 2017 :
    I updated my OnePlus 3 to Android 7 with OxygenOS 4.0.2 today. All my contacts got deleted and some apps which i rely on a lot are also closing randomly.

I have found that it is an issue with the new Contacts and dialler app that OnePlus pushed with the new update. All my contacts are automatically backed up to Gmail and I verified that all my contacts are safe there. But the new Contacts app doesn't let me sync back.

I tried going to Settings>Accounts>Google and manually syncing but it's not working. I also tried exporting the contacts from gmail as .vcf file, copying it to my phone and importing the contacts. But that also gets stuck halfway through. I also tried deleting and readding my Google account as suggested on forums but that didn't help either.

The dialler also doesn't remember the calls that are placed. In effect my basic phone functionality is broken. So I advice all who haven't upgraded to please wait as this update has serious bugs.

Oneplus please respond back with a workaround on the forums so that I can get my basic functionality back.

6. vivek9018
    Donut Jan 20, 2017

F_Richard_Bufton_KqfL likes this.
  7. Kiran.a.joseph
    Jelly Bean Jan 20, 2017

Kiran.a.joseph , Jan 20, 2017 :
    Remove and add the google account again and the sync the contacts from google. This should fix the contacts issue.

Reboot into recovery mode and try to delete the system cache.

8. siraj726
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2017

siraj726 , Jan 20, 2017 :
    i lost my all contacts and even i cant see the calls logs....what is the solution now

9. G_Michael_McManus_BLOj
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2017

10. Ziad Hossain
    Donut Jan 20, 2017

Ziad Hossain , Jan 20, 2017 :
    i havent updated yet and seeing these posts, idk if i should...can u please post some screenshots of the battery life too? i dont want it to be like when i updated to android lollipop on my g3. I know it was a g3 and this is oneplus but just to be safe you know

11. Navin3m
    Donut Jan 20, 2017

12. roshnilibra33
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2017

roshnilibra33 , Jan 20, 2017 :
    Contacts call log nd dialer issue, contacts wre earlier syncd wd Google, but after the update, it not getting syncd and I have lost all the contacts nw. Pls hlp me out wd a solution. Do I have to downgrade the system and den update if needed?? If so plz send me the link

13. raikhyankit
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2017

raikhyankit , Jan 20, 2017 :
    tried to update but it was back dated . Naugat not working properly phone is as slow as slug special ly using wats app.

14. patelharshil898
    Donut Jan 20, 2017

patelharshil898 , Jan 20, 2017 :
    same thing happened to me when i installed nouget. i suggest you guys to reset your phone.
    because i tried add and remove Google account but doesn't work. force stop Google services but doesn't work. so at last i reset my phone. everything works fine now.

but good thing is that in new version, your data will not loose. there is option while reset your phone. only apps will erase. but you can backup your all apps by some apps available in play store for free.

1484918968790.jpg
    make sure that erase internal storage is turned off. now its upto your choice. if you do this also some unwanted data will delete and your phone became more fluent.

15. G_Vipin_Mathew_AsIq
    Donut Jan 20, 2017

G_Vipin_Mathew_AsIq , Jan 20, 2017 :
    I rebooted into recovery and did cache wipe. But didn't fix issues with dialler and contacts.

16. whodatboiyo
    Gingerbread Jan 20, 2017

whodatboiyo , Jan 20, 2017 :
    Do not reset your phone! Just let it be like it is. Battery will settle after 5-6 Charge cycles. Contacts bug is troubling some of the users. For overall performance you can clear the cache in the Recovery mode.

17. G_Mohd_Azaed_Jais_YXwK
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2017

G_Mohd_Azaed_Jais_YXwK , Jan 20, 2017 :
    1484921389378.jpg
    New update only bring unhappiness :(

Fast battery drain, apps keep shutting itself, no contacts in list & it stuck at 25% when importing.

Tushar12333 likes this.
  18. Vipin Pandey
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2017

Vipin Pandey , Jan 20, 2017 :
    for me it's working perfectly fine..all the contacts are still intact..battery is also fine..the time when i updated my phone i had 80 percent batrery in phone..now after 9 hrs the battery in my phone is 20 percent. my data was continously on during this period.so i am quite happy with battery performance.the only thing which i didn't likevwas that u cannot completely mute ur notifications ringtone..they have a minimum range.and while pressing power button it's not giving option to take screenshot.i didn't liked the ui much..i was satisfied with previous update in terms of ui..but battery started draining with that update..which i think they have fixed in this one.fr contcts u can sync ur phone with google and try getting ur contacts frm there if it lost..!!

G_Angel_Kuzmanov_Qmsz likes this.
  19. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jan 20, 2017

Mr. BG , Jan 20, 2017 :
    I'm sorry for that, but at least you got an update...

Some people don't get updates at all...

:(

BTW: ALWAYS BACKUP ESSENTIAL DATA BEFORE RUNNING UPDATES!

BASIC KNOWLEDGE OK!?

20. STARJUNK
    Gingerbread Jan 20, 2017

STARJUNK , Jan 20, 2017 :
    The update ruined my phone. I use Catapult launcher who is not compatible with the new update so my phone is blocked now. How i can undo update please ??