Not Holding Up

1. gagash3d
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2015

gagash3d , Feb 27, 2015 :
    Been reading forums for quite some time and was very nervous :eek: about getting my 1+1 and discovering all those known problems, such as bad battery, yellow tint, blu tooth, bad audio jack connector, but... I've tested it for 2 days now and so far, I couldn't be happier. I haven't rooted it yet and still on default CyanogenMod version 11.0-XNPH33R, android 4.4.4

* I've never held a device that loads websites faster than a PC
    * Torch turns off/on properly, no need to reboot.
    * Played Jango Radio station for 2 hrs nonstop over WiFi. No signal drops, audio sounded crisp and
    clear in my 2.1 stereo speakers
    * Charged it fully, played with settings, etc, went to sleep, battery was at 97%, woke up 7hr later,
    battery was at 96%. 1% drop over 7 hr...Are you kidding me? I say this is amazing.
    * No yellow tint.
    * The only thing that I haven't had a chance to test is GPS signal acquisition, but planning on it today.
    * I'm on h2o wireless. LTE setting doesn't work on my phone, only 3G, but I swear internet speed is
    fast enough for me.

2. srsfknbzns
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 27, 2015

srsfknbzns , Feb 27, 2015 :
    I see many people write about these weird quirks and bugs, yet none of my friends who have OPOs have had these issues. Defective devices and whatever else, I guess. I bet it is frustrating, and I don't blame anyone for giving up on OnePlus for another company after repeated efforts to get a replacement or waiting for months for a fix.

Multitasking? I don't believe any major Android ROM makers have ever made that a feature except for Samsung; and with them, I've read it only works for certain apps. The only way to get (mutli-window) multi-tasking that I've seen requires rooting your device and installing a third-party app.

As far as I know, Android wasn't made with this kind of multi-tasking in mind. Your app data just gets saved in memory after it's put in the background when some other app is in the foreground. Although many apps do run background processes that ******* drain the battery or steal processor time.

TL;DR
    I had nothing useful to say.

3. EchoPark
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2015

EchoPark , Feb 27, 2015 :
    Where are you located? When I was in the States which uses 108v charging was rather fast. Under 2 hours for complete charge. In the UK which uses 220v it takes considerably longer to charge, 3+ hours. In the EU it was fast again.

The battery was the best part. That alone made me look past all other issues. But now that the battery drains 20% within an hour I'm not so forgiving. I hope it doesn't happen to you but yes the phone had an amazing battery at first.

gagash3d likes this.
  4. gagash3d
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2015

Is your phone rooted? OTA updates or custom ROM?
    I learned long ago that I don't need DATA enabled at all times, I only use it to listen to radio in the car and maybe check weather from time to time. For the most part of the day I'm in front of a computer, no need for phone to be connected to data/WiFi. Also, all of other unnecessary indicators, such as message lights, WiFi, BluTooth, everything on my phone is Off. I turn it on when I need to. Basically, my phone is barebones, only thing is 3G on at all times. No widgets on the screen, only icons ;-) Screen is like at 30% brightness, which is more than enough for me.

5. william-bailey
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2015

william-bailey , Feb 27, 2015 :
    Are using the OPO charger (2.1 amps)? One amp chargers (or computer USB) make it much slower. It stinks that it's taking that long.

6. gagash3d
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2015

My 1+1 charger is 2A

Attached Files:

7. Gonzo01
    Lollipop Feb 27, 2015

Gonzo01 , Feb 27, 2015 :
    It's true that people with no issues with OPO will most likely not post. Why would they? I'm a happy owner of two OPO and have never had any of the issues mentioned in the entire forum and I don't see how this could help to these who have problems, if I keep telling to everyone I have no problems at all. OPO is best for hardware/price ratio. OP gives you really good hardware and the freedom to explore it with other roms. Software issues? Well, which OS doesn't have bugs? Plenty of options out there to install any ROM desired. Best of all - OP do not void warranty for doing so. Try to root or flash roms to any other brand :)

apwillis likes this.
  8. liquidgee
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2015

liquidgee , Feb 27, 2015 :
    "If you're a piece of wood......" That's funny. I love tweaking phones so this may be a good for me. Thanks fur the info!!

9. liquidgee
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2015

liquidgee , Feb 27, 2015 :
    "If you're a piece of wood......" That's funny. I love tweaking phones so this may be a good for me. Thanks fur the info!

10. Skorne42
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2015

Skorne42 , Feb 27, 2015 :
    Located here in the US in the metro Detroit area.

To be honest I am not even sure what adapter I was using I have so many laying around the house for different things (mostly electronic cigarette related). Looking at the adapters makes me wonder exactly how many amps I can use to charge at with the battery and their micro charging port. What I am wanting to do is get maybe a 5amp adapter but I don't want to risk frying the micro port and or the battery if it isn't rated to take so many amps at once. Does anyone know what the battery and the micro port are rated for?

11. william-bailey
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2015

william-bailey , Feb 27, 2015 :
    Out of my expertise friend. I just use a 2.0 or 2.1 amp for the OPO ...most chargers are 1.0 amps, which will cause your phone to drag on the charge. Also, make sure your micro usb is decent gauge wire. :)

12. lutti
    KitKat Feb 27, 2015

lutti , Feb 27, 2015 :
    :D That's a troll! Not even an american can be this dumb even with all their over-patritionism.

13. wackydude1234
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 27, 2015

wackydude1234 , Feb 27, 2015 :
    only issue I have is my phone restarting after bluetooth being on for 30-60 minutes when playing audio.

14. bsquirrell
    Honeycomb Feb 27, 2015

bsquirrell , Feb 27, 2015 :
    My phone is fine

15. Linanc7
    Lollipop Feb 27, 2015

Linanc7 , Feb 27, 2015 :
    The OPO forum is basically the only, and certainly the best place for technical support. From that perspective you can best understand the numerous threads about problems. Its not representative of the entire phone population.