[NOT official] Hydrogen Os11 Beta for Oneplus for Oneplus 7/7Pro

1. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Jan 15, 2021

pablofg1978 , Jan 15, 2021 :
    Attention: This beta ROM is only meant to be used for the Chinese market. Some apps and some features may not works correctly after flashing this rom.
    Install it under your own risk. You have been properly warned.

Please use this thread for any Hydrogen OS 11 Beta discussion. Please do not create duplcate threads

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021

McJader, felek73, Sumit@0603 and 10 others like this.
  2. akks
    KitKat Jan 16, 2021

Stickied Post
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021

3. akks
    KitKat Jan 17, 2021

Stickied Post
    akks , Jan 17, 2021 :
    Flashed the hydrogen OS for fun, on my 7pro.

My initial impressions after using for around 10 hours:

* The rom is unexpectedly very smooth and responsive, can be used as a daily driver

* No major change from OOS10 except for a few UI changes.

* Camera nightscape mode isn't working for me, both normal and wide angle lens, it captures only normal images.

* "Hey Google" is disabled, I can't enable it due to language issues. I see only US English language and 2 other languages.

* Display scaling isn't correct by default. It need to be made to "small" in settings to make everything viewable on screen.

* Adaptive brightness is increasing or decreasing brightness in steps, it's almost flickering in increasing or decreasing steps, not smooth like in OOS 10. I reset the device health services storage, still the same issue is there.

* Battery life seems to be very good till now, as compared to OOS10, although it's too early to say now, as I've not even completed a single charging cycle.

* VoWifi is working well on Jio. In android 10, I had issues with VoWifi and VoLTE, it used to completely get disabled at times, and I used to miss calls.

* Hell lot of Chinese bloatware apps were pre-installed. Around 80% were uninstall able.

* SRB mode is better calibrated than OOS10, previously it looked more washed out.

* Vibration intensity seems to be a bit higher. Especially in calls

NB: These are just my observations when I dirty flashed over 10.3.7. As I've not done a hard reset, these can't be reliable. Anyways, overall I feel, the update is good. Worth flashing Oxygen OS beta when it's released.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021

4. olle42
    Donut Jan 16, 2021

D H V S Sastry likes this.
  5. benling
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2021

benling , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 16, 2021 :
    https://www.oneplusbbs.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5801198&page=1&extra=#pid91285169

HydrogenOS 11 beta released...

Changelog:

system

• Update to the hydrogen OS 11 system based on Android 11 deep customization

• Renew UI visual design, optimize many details, bring more comfortable visual perception

• Optimize the stability of some tripartite applications to improve user experience

camera

• The new version of the camera UI interface optimizes some functional paths and makes the operation more convenient

• Added HEVC high-efficiency video storage format, lossless image quality reduces video storage volume

• Added a preview of the shooting interface to support long-press one-click sharing, direct access to the application you need to share

• Newly added press the capture button to start fast recording, and support sliding this button to zoom and lock quickly during shooting, easy to record without restriction

• Added playback duration display for time-lapse shooting to intuitively grasp the actual content duration

Information screen display

• Added a custom style for the "Time" screen display, which was designed in collaboration with students of Parsons School of Design, which changes continuously according to the data of the mobile phone use time (setting path: Settings-Personalization-Clock style)

• Newly added shadow painting function, which can automatically draw your lock screen photo into a dedicated wireframe (path: settings-personalization-wallpaper-shadow painting-select photo preview to quickly generate)

Dark mode

• Add shortcut switch to dark mode, pull down the shortcut setting to turn it on

• The dark mode supports setting of automatic opening and time period (setting path: setting-display-dark mode-automatic opening-opening according to sunset and sunrise / custom time opening)

Negative one screen

• New negative one-screen interface design, the layout of the section is clear at a glance

• Added weather widget, animation effect is more smart

Gallery

• Intelligent one-week review function, which can intelligently generate videos according to the material situation to keep good memories

• Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster

6. Dinpai7
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2021

Dinpai7 , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 16, 2021 :
    Usually once Hydrogen OS is released..how long it takes to release Oxygen OS..

D H V S Sastry likes this.
  7. benling
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2021

benling , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 16, 2021 :
    It depends but soon.

Maybe few days or as soon as tomorrow, no ETA... Coz OxygenOS have to pass Google CTS which HydrogenOS does not.

However, sometimes OxygenOS beta comes earlier than HydrogenOS beta, but very rare.

anyways hope to get it soon.

8. pAiN_
    Honeycomb Jan 16, 2021

pAiN_ , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 16, 2021 :
    CTS test is no biggy for oneplus I hope so, but during the Android pie launch for 3 they failed the CTS test. And the update lagged. The pass from the CTS should indeed make for update in sooner time frame.

9. Shalin05
    Honeycomb Jan 16, 2021

Shalin05 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 16, 2021 :
    It would be definitely released in next week the OXYGEN OS 11 for Oneplus 7 Series!!! It generally follows back to back with HYDROGEN OS!!

10. Infinity007
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2021

Infinity007 , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 16, 2021 :
    Hope so...

nosvasedis likes this.
  11. Nonochiken47
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2021

Shalin05 likes this.
  12. xgnowak
    Froyo Jan 16, 2021

Shalin05 likes this.
  13. Nonochiken47
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2021

U1580808007531 likes this.
  14. Shalin05
    Honeycomb Jan 16, 2021

15. Nonochiken47
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2021

Nonochiken47 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 16, 2021 :
    I don't have a youtube channel sorry 😟 but screenshots no problem 😁

16. Nonochiken47
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2021

17. Nonochiken47
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2021

Attached Files:

18. Nonochiken47
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2021

19. Nonochiken47
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2021

Attached Files:

20. Nonochiken47
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2021

Sykora, omar302 and WEBSDCOOL like this.
  21. Nonochiken47
    Gingerbread Jan 16, 2021