Not receiving all texts....i think it RCS related.

1. LegitMcD
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2020 at 4:42 PM

LegitMcD , Aug 1, 2020 at 4:42 PM :
    So i own a tmobile 6t. I converted it to international and texting worked fine for months. Then i started missing texts from friends who are also on tmobile. They have Samsung and LG phones.

I get MMS, texts from people on other carriers, and texts from Iphones no problem. Its just other Tmobile customers that have androids i cannot recieve texts, unless its MMS.

Tmobile could not figure out the issue. and ive tried just about everything.

So i decided maybe it something with the internation rom, so i rolled back to the tmobile ROM. Same issue.

So I installed "Carrier Services" and "Google Messages" beta. I went into the Google messeages settings and enabled "chat features"

Boom, like a months worth of texts just started pouring in.

It seems like the stock text app is not allowing RCS. Is there a way i can force this or disable so i can just use the stock app?

2. LegitMcD
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2020 at 4:43 PM

3. rhyd1am
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2020 at 7:59 PM

rhyd1am , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 1, 2020 at 7:59 PM :
    To be honest, I'm not 100% sure if the answer to you problem, but I've been using Google messages for years, and I find it way better than the stock messaging app. Is there any reason in particular that you would rather use the stock messaging app?... Just curious.

Caomhin and LegitMcD like this.
  4. LegitMcD
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2020 at 8:41 PM

LegitMcD , Aug 1, 2020 at 8:41 PM :
    In the past, google messages has randomly broke. Im just worried its going to happen again and im going to miss an important message. I feel more confident in stock apps.

Plus its bugging that the stock app is not working....

rhyd1am likes this.