Not receiving SMS messages

1. Thwegg Cupcake Aug 13, 2019 at 7:52 PM

Thwegg, Aug 13, 2019 at 7:52 PM :
    My carrier is TMobile. I randomly stop receiving SMS messages. I can send SMS messages no issue and the recipient receives them. I have contacted TMobile tech support and they state my phone is receiving the sms messages. I tend to believe this because when I restart I get my messages in a flurry but if there are multiple from one person they are out of order, not even backwards just random. I use the stock SMS app but have tried Textra, QKSMS, and Android Messages.

Any idea, this is getting pretty frustrating.

Thanks

2. ironass KitKat Aug 14, 2019 at 3:59 AM

ironass, Aug 14, 2019 at 3:59 AM :
    Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant.

Personally, providing that your APN settings are OK, my money is on your carrier being the problem.

The T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant runs a totally different firmware to that of the global model and you therefore, may find more help in the thread dedicated to T-Mobile, here... https://forums.oneplus.com/forums/t-mobile/

3. Thwegg Cupcake Aug 14, 2019 at 4:02 AM

4. ironass KitKat Aug 14, 2019 at 4:56 AM

ironass, Aug 14, 2019 at 4:56 AM :
    So, you have the global model and firmware, 9.0.16, and not the TMO firmware, 9.0.13. In that case, you are in the right section of the forum but providing that you have the correct APN settings and bearing in mind that you have tried a few other SMS apps, my feeling is that it is a carrier issue. You could try doing an APN reset by going to...

Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth... to see if that helps.

5. Thwegg Cupcake Aug 14, 2019 at 11:52 AM

Thwegg, Aug 14, 2019 at 11:52 AM :
    I've done that. When I contacted TMobile they sent the issue to their tier 2 who checked and found the messages are getting to the phone, this is why I said it's not on T-Mobiles end.

6. ironass KitKat Aug 14, 2019 at 2:10 PM

ironass, Aug 14, 2019 at 2:10 PM :
    Seems like you are not the only one with this issue according to the T-Mobile (USA) site. There are a range of phones involved...

Sporadically not receiving SMS/MMS

Top Tip: Keep Google Messages on your phone as Google has started to roll out RCS messaging on it, worldwide. See...

RCS messaging rolling out worldwide

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 2:18 PM

7. Thwegg Cupcake Aug 14, 2019 at 2:19 PM

Thwegg, Aug 14, 2019 at 2:19 PM :
    So, when I swap my SIM to my old S8 there's not a problem. And a search has shown there are problems on other carriers as well. I'm sorry your solution did not help me.

8. ironass KitKat Aug 14, 2019 at 3:35 PM

9. Thwegg Cupcake Aug 14, 2019 at 3:45 PM

Thwegg, Aug 14, 2019 at 3:45 PM :
    I had previously checked those setting, sorry I didn't say that I should have. But I rechecked those. My sim card however was in slot 2 so I moved that to the first one.