not sure how secure the fingerprint sensor is

1. F_Lars_Dennert_NbST Gingerbread Aug 15, 2019

F_Lars_Dennert_NbST, Aug 15, 2019 :
    my sister's boyfriend was visiting from France and I was showing him my phone. not knowing how it worked, he put his thumb on the fingerprint sensor and the phone went to the Homescreen from the ambient screen.

either his prints are close enough to mine or maybe he accidentally pushed the power button and the phone hadn't been locked. it was a surprise to me anyway.

DragleokinG likes this.
  2. DragleokinG Donut Aug 15, 2019

DragleokinG, Aug 15, 2019 :
    same here !!!! my cousin also while checking out the thumb on the fingerprint icon and to his surprise it just unlocked very swiftly!!!not only this another of my cousin too was able to unlock even though both of them had theirs unregistered!!

3. mojoyoyo77 Lollipop Senior Moderator Aug 15, 2019

mojoyoyo77, Aug 15, 2019 :
    Check the "Smart Lock" options under "Security", it is very possible that you have enabled any of these options

4. DragleokinG Donut Aug 15, 2019

5. Liehjan KitKat Aug 15, 2019

Liehjan, Aug 15, 2019 :
    Are you sure that every setting is off, like trusted place, body detection and trusted device?

DragleokinG likes this.
  6. DragleokinG Donut Aug 15, 2019

yaa everything is off cause I hadn't set them yet and I have cross checked too!

Liehjan likes this.
  7. Starcommander Jelly Bean Aug 15, 2019

Starcommander, Aug 15, 2019 :
    Can you make a video of the issue. Afaik this issue was there on oneplus 6T and its a very serious issue. Immediately oneplus released the patches to fix it. Of the issue still persists there may be some bugs in the system. I suggest you to make a video without the face unlock turned on

DragleokinG likes this.
  8. DragleokinG Donut Aug 15, 2019

I am going to the service center tomorrow for this reason and not only this when I connect the earphones via the connector the mic quality while taking a call is just worst as the other side is unable to hear me!!

Starcommander likes this.
  9. Starcommander Jelly Bean Aug 15, 2019

Probably the microphone of the device is used while you connect the earphones. Try connecting some other earphones with mic

DragleokinG likes this.
  10. DragleokinG Donut Aug 15, 2019

connected around 3 earphones and tested the same connector with another op7 and found the same issue and also tried third party connectors too but all were just the same

11. Starcommander Jelly Bean Aug 15, 2019

Ohh get it serviced then

DragleokinG likes this.
  12. DragleokinG Donut Aug 15, 2019

just wishing might be software one so searching for guys with same issue btw what is your device?

13. Starcommander Jelly Bean Aug 15, 2019

Mine is 6T but many friends use oneplus 7 so I can confirm they are not facing the issues

DragleokinG likes this.
  14. DragleokinG Donut Aug 15, 2019

via the connector no one is facing the issue?