Notice regarding the OnePlus 5 & 5T update delay

1. N1513401842549
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2020

2. huntethan
    Froyo Sep 19, 2020

huntethan , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 19, 2020 :
    They closed all the threads that were created regarding complaints about the update and bug fixes.

Moreover the latest update on OP5T is the one worst I've used so far. It has bugs in such magnitude as if I'm using some open beta software.

Such a big company and they excuse that they couldn't fix a bug for last six months. What's the matter of your such a fake promising community support then.

I'd no as such complaints with the device so far.
    After the last update

-Chrome keeps crashing every now and then.
    -Call recorder isn't functioning properly
    -Phone freezes out frequently
    -Fingerprint sensor has a big lag issue now,it never unlocks now in one tap
    -The overall performance has been very poor than before
    - Lockbox from the file manager is very wierd as it shows no file in there, I've lost plenty of my data from the lockbox, what am I supposed to do with that.
    -After complaining, you ask us to record logs and send them to you. How can we record logs of an event, where there is no certainty of occurence.

With all these uncertanities and bugs, we've been tolerating the device for last 6months. And now you guys are here, with a lame excuse.

Great job OnePlus! You've destructed your own image all yourself and the brand image🤘.

Worst experience with One plus so far. I'm not gonna recommend the brand ever to someone.

3. Akhildas105
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2020

Jagadeeshwarr95 likes this.
  4. Bodygard
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2020

Bodygard , Sep 19, 2020 :
    They informed that all phones get 2 years of software updates but however they decided to inform the world later that OP5/T would be receiving the 3 major update: Android 10. They promised that. So they willingly made that decision, they were not forced.
    Of course people always cry about that and ask for more updates but they were not forced, if they stayed with stable Android 9, people would have to settle about it.

Let's see what happens now. My conviction is that another Android 10 release will be coming at least in the next 30 days. My expectations is that they correct the major bugs. I will not ask for any new features. Just give us a stable release with no major bugs: telephone working correctly, camera app with EIS like we had before, random crashes, call recording fixed, sound fixed etc if they can do that it's fine.

5. Mr_Mrunal
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2020

Mr_Mrunal , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Call recording is not enabled. That's a serious issue now. We can't trust 3rd party apps.

6. G_Akash_Siddhu_pkUN
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2020

joncharmed93, Itsme11 and slavekt like this.
  7. otto2
    Photography Expert Sep 19, 2020

otto2 , Sep 19, 2020 :
    The whole Android 10 was never planned at first, check your facts, too. OP5 Series has Already reached end of life. So every Thing they re giving to us is more than was ever planned.

HalCapone likes this.
  8. otto2
    Photography Expert Sep 19, 2020

otto2 , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Check again- OP5 series already reached end of life, when Oneplus decided to give A10 as an extra!

wileyc and HalCapone like this.
  9. HalCapone
    Honeycomb Sep 19, 2020

10. FusionBomber
    Honeycomb Sep 19, 2020

FusionBomber , Sep 19, 2020 :
    You can't be more wrong buddy.
    OnePlus promised us 2 years of software updates. Now, if there are 5 new android OS releases within 2 years, we should get all the 5 OS updates. It's the time period which counts, not the number of OS versions. You see, Android 10 was launched in September 2019, whereas, 5T's 2 years of life was until November 2019. That makes it pretty obvious whether we should get Android 10 or not.

11. wileyc
    Jelly Bean Sep 19, 2020

wileyc , via OnePlus 5 , Sep 19, 2020 :
    This makes little sense. If there was a large bug like this why are we not seeing it in the release that went out that some users went on to when 10.0 was first released.on 5/5t? Also is this relating to all carriers or just one? Comms module would not change that much between android releases (as it needs to remain very standard due to number of carriers etc.). Scratching my head here.

12. K1ngP1n
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 19, 2020

K1ngP1n , Sep 19, 2020 :
    To all the Genius who asking give us Android 11 as an apology, Man they can't handle A 10 and you guys asking A 11 :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

All they want to sell their half baked Nord, they make promises and make headlines that they caring 3 year old devices and then they run away :p

Yes we should thankful for them that they created this thread here otherwise they do such things on XDA and all :tearsofjoy: and yes giving one update in a year as also considered as one year support that's how OnePlus works :cool::cool:

13. K1ngP1n
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 19, 2020

K1ngP1n , Sep 19, 2020 :
    If I remember correctly they given Android 8 to OP 3/T before the OP5.
    So yes, they making fun of 5 series.
    I was about to wrote these things, glad you did it before me :)

huntethan and FusionBomber like this.
  14. F_Sayali_Nagrale_BGjW
    Froyo Sep 19, 2020

F_Sayali_Nagrale_BGjW , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Wow thanks for the apology Gary ...if you knew there were major bugs in the last update why did you sent that to us then you should have tested it first and thanks for ruining our phones I've been contacting your customer service and they are even worst so please keep your apologies to yourself just fix the battery draining and camera issues

sakthi1986 likes this.
  15. Itsme11
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2020

Itsme11 , via OnePlus 5 , Sep 19, 2020 :
    I was expecting tentative date of latest software update rather than indication of further delay.

We aware of some major bugs within 10 days of usage and that's why 4 months were not sufficient yet to solve the issue but now after 4 months they have identified issues ...

just copy paste the code from OnePlus 6 or 7 !!!!

FusionBomber likes this.
  16. Jillala_Sravan
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2020

Auzzya likes this.
  17. NShankaraN
    Honeycomb Sep 19, 2020

NShankaraN , via OnePlus 5 , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Good questions there but...
    There are only excuses from OP for 5/5T and no answers from past 4 months...Let us hope they answer your queries

18. John_Titor_36
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2020

19. polblancafort
    Donut Sep 19, 2020

polblancafort , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 19, 2020 :
    As a user of a 5T i'm really disappointed. Its good the company states that it wants to cover phones updates for up to 3 years. But the latest update was definitely not ready. At all. So many bugs and issues. With this state I would have wait a few more months.
    The bad part is that we've been waiting all this weeks for a fix, a new versions solving the issues. But nothing, not a word.
    And finally it comes: late and they even say nothing is ready...
    Again, im disappointed.

20. choby
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2020

choby , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Thank you Oneplus for the update about the 5/5T. So we wait a really good FW version for ours terminals :) ok ?