Notice regarding the OnePlus 5 & 5T update delay

1. E1526749009371
    Donut Sep 19, 2020

2. Arnab_1997
    Froyo Sep 19, 2020

Arnab_1997 , via OnePlus 5 , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Thank you for the apologies! IF YOU'RE HAVING SO MUCH PROBLEM WITH THE ANDROID 10, MAYBE YOU CAN DROP IT AND START WORKING ON 11! Give it as gesture. Anybody can say sorry. How would we know you mean it?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020

3. abhinavid
    Donut Sep 19, 2020

4. paulomodesto
    Jelly Bean Sep 19, 2020

paulomodesto , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Chinese OP5/5T received already H2OS 10.0.0, H2OS 10.0.1 and H2OS 10.0.2, but problems continue to affect them.

Let them test it for us before OnePlus release it Globally as OxygenOS.
    Meanwhile we will reach the EOL, and that I don't know if it is a good or a bad thing.

5. RevidFfum
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2020

RevidFfum , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Truly well said.

It echoes what I have been saying about it was dumb of OP to introduce the Pro version to try to copy the introduction of the Apple10 and Samsung Ultra line.

Wireless charging, IP rating, 5G, I can go without if it meant stable bugs free software and better support.

6. RevidFfum
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2020

IPhone? IOS 14 does widgets now [e]1f601[/e]

7. RevidFfum
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2020

Why are you so totally against 5 users getting a stable update?
    said:

😤
    It's timely updates is/were major OP selling point and their responsive user support. A few posters have already highlighted that this is no longer the case with the 5 series phone, and with more new phones rumored, 7 series owners are likely have similar 'delays'.

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  8. DogeAlpha
    Honeycomb Sep 19, 2020

DogeAlpha , Sep 19, 2020 :
    We were all aware that android 10 would be the last version for us. With EOL getting closer we can only hope for a build that fixes all the issues and doesn't sacrifice performance or battery life in the process

9. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Sep 19, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Sep 19, 2020 :
    No dude. This stuff was announced October 10, pretty long term before EOL. Therefore this's you, who should check the facts right... [e]1f602[/e]🍿🤭

1600554312964.jpg
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-based-on-android-10-incoming.1116547/

10. Daniel Sogor
    Froyo Sep 19, 2020

Daniel Sogor , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Don't release so many phone's model every year if you can handle promised 3 years of update for old phones.

That's why I choose OnePlus, when I bought my OP6, but seeing these things, you push me to go back to Apple, where they can give 5 years of updates, and the update arrive in same day for iPhone 7 and for iPhone 11 Pro too, not like OnePlus, Android 11 release in Octomber on OnePlus 8 and for my OnePlus 6 I will have it at the beginning of 2021 (if everything working good and you don't face a bug like this on OP5 and will be delayed 5 months 🤔 )

Good Luck! I hope these things will be better in near future.

Auzzya, sakthi1986 and RevidFfum like this.
  11. porkuspious
    Froyo Sep 19, 2020

porkuspious , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Hi Forum

Orig Post states "Relying on the power of the community, OxygenOS gradually grows better and stronger".
    Doesn't this beg the question why hasn't OP even responded to 9k postings of these issues already on this forum until now.

Has anyone considered that OnePlus might be litigious for admitting that the "communications module" has a "bug".
    Is this the hardware or software module issue? They should clarify this. We payed for these phones and they've not fixed the issue irrespective of software update commitments or promises for OOS. They surely have to do this for legal reasons. My 5T has been laggy and unpredictable since the last official 10 update release.

Not to mention the swipe up to answer option in settings - I've been unable to answer the majority my of calls due to this idiosyncrasy.

These issues are not Android 10 problems, these are Oneplus problems. My old OnePlus 1 (bacon) is now running LineageOs official release 17.1 perfectly. My old OnePlus 3 is running Pixel Experience 10 rom perfectly.

I'ts documented that Paranoid Android developers were employed by OnePlus to create the first OOS after Cyanogenmod and Oneplus went their own separate ways. Personally I've never enjoyed Paranoid Android xda releases, but have to say that first release of OOS and some of the subsequent offerings were impressive.
    If PA devs are still now involved then clearly they're out of their depth, if not then Oneplus should consider getting them back.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020

12. G_Emad_Mosa_YIKE
    Donut Sep 20, 2020

G_Emad_Mosa_YIKE , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 20, 2020 :
    the 5 and 5T's update has been delayed

19 September 2020

Although the OnePlus 5 and 5T are three-year-old phones, the stream of software updates hasn't been cut yet. In fact, there's a relatively big update coming to both of these phones, but there's a hold up on OnePlus' side. The company explains why in a post in the community forum.

The OxygenOS Product Lead has opened up about the delay saying that there's a big issue with the communication module. Moreover, OnePlus isn't able to solve this by itself, so it has to reach out to carriers, collaborate and squash the bug. The product team's highest priority right now is pushing the OnePlus 5 and 5T update as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, though, OnePlus isn't able to give a time frame as there are many factors involved and the product team can't pinpoint a date for now.

Source

13. D1512037799071
    Donut Sep 20, 2020

14. Auzzya
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2020

Auzzya , via OnePlus 5 Slate Gray , Sep 20, 2020 :
    I think they will delay the update a lot n kind of tire the old customers out ....so that we are tempted to buy the new oneplus phones like the nord or maybe the yet to be launched oneplus 8t

'when we don't pay for the product (the oos updates)...then, we are the product (for the company) '.... courtesy: the social dilemma on Netflix

15. Farooq. U
    Donut Sep 20, 2020

Farooq. U , via OnePlus 5 , Sep 20, 2020 :
    After using 3 one plus devices moving to iOS because of delay in update for OP 5/5T atleast fix those bugs in os 10 we're facing many problems after updated os 10 ........ I'm not expected from OnePlus ignoring their community .

16. iharshjjain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 20, 2020

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020

17. MihirKudale
    Froyo Sep 20, 2020

18. ninja123456
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2020

ninja123456 , via OnePlus 5 , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Let's start a #11forop5 moment. Include this in every post you make in this community. Let somebody see it. They have made us suffer using this buggy build. Let them make it up to us next time correctly with new version of os.

19. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2020

20. NikhilPuthran
    Froyo Sep 20, 2020

NikhilPuthran , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Disappointed, this delay the number of months and it coming to an end of update severe to phone series.
    After this last update there won't be any update. It your mistake that the user are facing now.
    There would be two three update for this phone, if you have done it properly.
    The end is November 2020. It's better if you give us OS 11 update. We know it's not possible. But your mistake compensation would be an OS update.

FusionBomber and Auzzya like this.