Notice regarding the OnePlus 5 & 5T update delay

1. amitratan
    Eclair Sep 20, 2020

amitratan , via OnePlus 5 , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Totally agree with you anyways they screwed big time with Android 10 update. It's better to give Android 11 update after the final built.

2. amitratan
    Eclair Sep 20, 2020

amitratan , via OnePlus 5 , Sep 20, 2020 :
    I am seriously moving to [e]1f34e[/e] even after 5 years they have supported their old phones and ONEPLUS is not even properly supporting their 3 year old phone. Really upset.

3. MarcioReis87
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 20, 2020

MarcioReis87 , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 20, 2020 :
    I understand there's a bug with some carriers but mine is not associated by a carrier in any way.
    Last security update was in April.
    Freaking April and we're in September. What about the 3 year security promise of at least launching it 2 in 2 months.
    It's been 5 month and no update whatsoever but there has been updates for the series 6,7 and 8 if course.

Even the custom ROMS have already the latest updates and security patch but from OnePlus, nothing...

For me this is a lame excuse to delay it again so OnePlus can concentrate on other, newer things to get costumers happy.
    So yeah, I was prepared to buy a 7t pro when it launcher but when I saw the broken promise of updates I didn't eventually.

So now, I will only buy second hand from those who bought a oneplus but aren't happy so I can give the money directly to the user instead of the greedy OnePlus company that doesn't care about it's users anymore.
    -------

Good example of OnePlus nord with a freaking useless cameras they could use the money to upgrade the chip.
    But hey, indians like it so yeah, big hit for oneplus I guess.

Me I'm totally disappointed with oneplus with everything.

If I say that if you give us the promised updates regularly once again and that because of that I will buy a new oneplus phone I would be lying and give you false hope. I will never again buy a oneplus device. Not with those insane prices.

First time buy and thankfully the last. I'm done with this phone

bawng_upa, Shobhandana, aero2 and 8 others like this.
  4. C1596679892167
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2020

C1596679892167 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 20, 2020 :
    lot of issues in oneplus are revolving.
    take it 5/5T or nord.
    it seems i have to move out from one plus community. I have around 6 one plus models being used in my family.
    Will have to switch all from one plus to i-phone again.

5. RamuV
    Donut Sep 20, 2020

RamuV , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Do you have any update when the call recording issue will get resolve?

It's recording some robotic voice and sometimes not recording at all.

6. sunit.parasher
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2020

sunit.parasher , Sep 20, 2020 :
    me too,
    even my whole fily is using oneplus mobiles.

this is very annoying.
    I am moving to apple again after 2.5 yrs just because of these issues.

7. Harish kiddy
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2020

8. marfz
    Froyo Sep 20, 2020

marfz , Sep 20, 2020 :
    android one phone got all security patches. its much cheaper than my one plus 5 and its older. ok android one phones are slower devices, but what about samsung galaxy a5 or a7 significantly cheaper and in 2020 still receiving security updates. its device from dec 2015!! i regret buying oneplus 8 pro. because i know what will happen with it. Oneplus proven to be unreliable brand.

9. RamuV
    Donut Sep 20, 2020

RamuV , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 20, 2020 :
    You can use vowifi in one plus 5T by enabling it. If you wish I will send u link. I followed the steps someone posted in internet.

10. Harish kiddy
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2020

Harish kiddy , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Log kit?

11. RamuV
    Donut Sep 20, 2020

12. Harish kiddy
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2020

13. Harish kiddy
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2020

14. Harish kiddy
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2020

15. BeardyBiceps , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Sep 20, 2020 :
    That's the reason you don't have the option in logkit because you are on 10.
    I already activated when i was on version 9 via logkit, and when i upgraded to 10 it was already there ,
    1600627547623.jpg
    only difference was its called as Wifi Calling now.

16. mborchert
    Eclair Sep 20, 2020

mborchert , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 20, 2020 :
    I totally agree with other users that One Plus communication on this was poor. The apology is a moot point as the bugs in the Android 10 update have been apparent for months. For me personally I was very angry as they did not respond to my posts about the bugs. I was considering upgrading to an 8T but will go with another manufacturer. One Plus I was loyal for ,7 years and sadly the bad taste you put in my mouth is the reason I am leaving.

17. alivemike
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2020

alivemike , Sep 21, 2020 :
    Considering the current price and service of Oneplus, I have decided to move to iphone 12. Good bye!

18. rubenspj
    Donut Sep 21, 2020

rubenspj , Sep 21, 2020 :
    With all respect @Gary C. but I think your apology should at least have been accompanied by an announcement to users of the oneplus 5/5t that they will receive a stable update for Android 11, as a way to compensate for all the inconvenience we are experiencing facing with a problematic system.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020