1. BeardyBiceps
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 18, 2020

BeardyBiceps , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Sep 18, 2020 :
    They are just buying time.. nothing else.🥴

2. BeardyBiceps

Oneplus Says *Never Settle*

Seems like you already settled for what?

This delay notice? Which is already delayed.. 🥴

3. João Carlos Chande
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2020

João Carlos Chande , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Next month they will tell us that the A10 for oneplus e full of bugs and there's nothing they can do....and that's how they end with the 5T...beware new devices on the way ..so no time to loose with the 5T.

4. BeardyBiceps

Yeah just like they already did with few promised and upcoming features - by saying 5/5T hardware doesn't support it.

5. slavekt
    Donut Sep 18, 2020

slavekt , Sep 18, 2020 :
    @Gary C. Sorry, but nobody believes you anymore. You released STABLE OxygenOS at the end of May, and since then, you are totally ignoring every feedback and bug reports. The support knows nothing. Nobody bothered to communicate about the issues for four months. Yet, you are still pushing the buggy 10.0.0 out! I get the notification about it every day! So you guys ruined the reputation of OnePlus, and I will never buy anything from you again. Like I did with Xiaomi because they went the same way as you.

6. mojoyoyo_77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Sep 18, 2020

mojoyoyo_77 , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Scheduling an update is a challenge to fate. Problems often arise that prevent compliance with the schedule.
    I think communication is always good, even when a difficult problem is found, publish the details of the problem, why hide it? Publish the problem and award a financial reward to the developer who provides a solution.

Never Settle

7. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 18, 2020 :
    What exactly are you commenting on? I'm refering to the already out version of 10. It's not even up on the homepage and many have still not recived it via OTA.

8. hafeezhyd
    Eclair Sep 18, 2020

9. lukasz_
    Eclair Sep 18, 2020

lukasz_ , Sep 18, 2020 :
    I meant OOS 10 update is still available via OTA. Maybe this does not apply to all countries.

10. Yoav Offek
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2020

Yoav Offek , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 18, 2020 :
    OOS 10. We will never get OOS 11 no matter what. The fact that people are crying to OP saying "the best apology is giving us OOS 11" won't change the fact that both phones are designed for 2 major OS updates and an optional but not recommended 3rd one, which OP had already given, my point being, the phones are built for 3 major updates and not a single one over 3, and we already got all three. Hence why OOS 11 for OP5/T is straight out impossible.

11. Vansh99
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 18, 2020

Vansh99 , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Although I thank you for acknowledging and making this post, I think it came too late. Stable updates are promised within about 2 months, it has been 4 months. The community was built in order to be transparent, people asked about the update but no one ever answered, until this very post.

Not only that, A10 already seemed rushed. There's no EIS for recording, I'm sorry what? The phones that lack OIS can't even support EIS? What about the regular users that don't keep up with technology like this community does? They won't know and their recording experience will drop significantly. Launching A10 to stable without EIS was a horrible idea. It should've continued on as beta as it is broken.

Other issue is, which I can't blame the developers for, is the amount of phones being released. You guys went from 2 phones in 2017 to 3 (6t TMobile) in 2018 to 4 unlocked + carriers + 5g variant in 2019 to now even adding on a Nord lineup. How can the developers support all this? We used to get monthly security patches (although not promised) to bimonthly, that too to end or the next month. Definitely showing signs of slow down.

Oneplus 5/5t got the update about a month after 8 series launched. Since then Nord has launched, you guys have done OEFs which possiblly included future prototypes and a smartwatch, now we're getting rumors for another budget device, N10 and 8T. It's great the company is expanding its reach and accessibility according to price, but what about the people that already purchased a phone? What about supporting them?

Display issues is another, until @B_Wrath , made a huge thread about it, it wasn't even acknowledged. The display issue has been here since the 7t lineup but took you guys until 2-3 weeks ago to accept it exists.

The company was created with the help of the community, it should continue being transparent to the community. Not making a thread 4 months later for a device you'll very soon stop supporting and delivering a broken A10 build to begin with.

Thanks for reading, I have never been this negative about OnePlus but this year seriously felt like the "community" word the company throws around, doesn't even exist. Hopefully this turns around soon.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020

12. E1595613990765
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2020

E1595613990765 , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Seriously? I have recieved feedback from your support team saying soon updates for 5 and 5T would be history when I asked them about release of updates...
    That's how your support team works, I understood that they are saying sir change your phone!
    Am glad they made me realise...

13. Yoav Offek
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2020

Yoav Offek , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Well it seems as if they're going away from that tagline. Now using slogans like "unlock the speed" (OP6T) and "lead the speed" (OP8), but those now seem incorrect as well. This update has been nothing but speedy, especially jot led with speed.

João Carlos Chande likes this.
  14. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Sep 18, 2020

15. ariblaze
    Jelly Bean Sep 18, 2020

ariblaze , via OnePlus 7 , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update Gary. No one would like a messed up update, so it's good that you guys are working on it to address the serious issue. I personally don't have a OnePlus 5 anymore but I know a lot of people who are waiting for this update. I will inform them about the current status.

16. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Ah. Been reading about several not getting it. I would have thought if they really recommended an update and having started full rollout it would be on the homepage by now.
    And with the early temporary halt and then re-release and all it seemed like a messy rollout.
    Maybe it looked worse than it really was [e]1f609[/e]

17. BeardyBiceps

They are saying change your phone.
    But not definitely OnePlus again 🤣🥴

DrGreem, dhames, rvirex and 5 others like this.
  18. NShankaraN
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2020

NShankaraN , via OnePlus 5 , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Exactly , they did a major mistake by releasing it to public in May 2020. It should have been kept as Beta and worked upon the feedback

To a common man who updated to OOS 10.0.0 when it is officially pushed and available under updates , it will be a disaster with a phone that doesn't support him to make phone calls, connect to WiFi, no EIS

19. Sandrine5T
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2020

Snehal3119 and hafeezhyd like this.
  20. NShankaraN
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2020

NShankaraN , via OnePlus 5 , Sep 18, 2020 :
    But I hope you will stick around to share your opinion after we get the next update from OP

Good luck with your new phone

Verma.sujeet likes this.