Notice regarding the OnePlus 5 & 5T update delay

1. bussi1805 , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 19, 2020 :
    Well, 1 month has passed and I have serious doubts that you don't have any information to share with us like you promised if you would be working on the problem with "the highest priority"

2. Jordan.brennier
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2020

Jordan.brennier , Oct 19, 2020 :
    So before seeing this thread, I just bought a brand new 5T from ebay. It had Pie but I immediately flashed OOS 10 onto it. And holy mother of Abraham Lincoln does the battery life remarkably SUCK. I'm losing 3% per hour overnight with the phone doing nothing. After 8 hours 20-25% idle drain. Completely embarrassing and pathetic for a brand new phone battery. The OS itself actually works well and smooth. But that's eclipsed by the unbelievable idle battery drain.

Thankfully I can still return this excrement for my money back.

3. Atomic
    Gingerbread Oct 19, 2020

Atomic , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 19, 2020 :
    Return it and get a pixel 4a.

My next phone is definitely gona be a pixel. This experience made me realize how much I value regular updates.

Pixel 1 was released a year before 5T and has a stable A10 with December 2019 security patch.

Pixel 2 was released months before 5T and has A11 with latest security patch.

We are stuck here with buggy software and april2020 security patch. Shameful.

5/5T owners who didn't get android 10 are stuck on feb2020 security patch.

Will definitely flash a custom rom as my 5T can comfortably live another year. Then I will get the pixel 6 or 5a.

Auzzya, Bishant0098, marfz and 5 others like this.

4. TrimBat likes this.
  5. yashydv21
    Froyo Oct 19, 2020

yashydv21 , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 19, 2020 :
    Here everybody doesn't demand or shouted for update for next version of android (11).
    Everyone wants one last stable update which is required to use your phone as a daily driver.
    We just want a bug fix that's all.
    - "Indian" OnePlus User (who spent fuckin 35K and not able to click a clear picture from OP5T camera)

Auzzya, marfz, being_nabnit and 2 others like this.
  6. m0rtar0
    Donut Oct 19, 2020

m0rtar0 , Oct 19, 2020 :
    same here. initially I thought it's the battery as a hardware piece but I soon realized it started to happen just after the upgrade. If I knew, I wouldn't have upgraded, the previous version was much better. Anyway, I'm hoping to get the security update and a fix on the battery drain, so I can still use the phone without any concerns a few more months. There's also the custom ROM option but that should be an option only after the 3 years commitment assumed by OP ended. Since I bought the phone I was more than happy with the updates and patches, so I hope OP keep their word. Honestly I'm not into doing too much noise online like some suggested. The OP community is pretty tight and aware of stuff that is going around so creating buzz won't make much of a difference in my opinion.

7. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Honeycomb Oct 19, 2020

G_Nick_T_FTnG , Oct 19, 2020 :
    You're missing the point then.

OnePlus wants more people to buy their phones, not just the people that already have them.

They want to expand. they don't want to stay tight and closed lipped.

8. MrLalsa
    Froyo Oct 19, 2020

being_nabnit likes this.

9. Tanur81
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2020

Tanur81 , Oct 20, 2020 :
    How much more time are we supposed to wait for it? come on, hurry up..

being_nabnit likes this.
  10. wnchen
    Froyo Oct 20, 2020

wnchen , Oct 20, 2020 :
    I am experience the same issue. The solution is, after connecting AA, do some action on any AA-compatible app. For example, just pause and play Spotify. Then the car screen touch should work.

J.e.F likes this.
  11. Vader76
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2020

Vader76 , Oct 20, 2020 :
    battery optimizations settings are broken for apps in a work profile. I miss so many email notifications.

FusionBomb3r and being_nabnit like this.
  12. Murali_Manokar
    Froyo Oct 20, 2020

FusionBomb3r and being_nabnit like this.
  13. x_jayreghe_x
    Honeycomb Oct 20, 2020

x_jayreghe_x , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Factory reset your device

14. Yogesh.p100
    Froyo Oct 20, 2020

Yogesh.p100 , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 20, 2020 :
    It's already declared by OnePlus.
    No DC dimming & other features.

15. yuvaraj_uv
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2020

16. sat_dec09
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2020

sat_dec09 , Oct 20, 2020 :
    please do asap, phone is too slow, sometimes it irritates to use oneplus phone, I am thinking to switch to some other brand,

17. NShankaraN
    Jelly Bean Oct 20, 2020

NShankaraN , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Forget the so called promised features...Since May 2020, with OOS 10.0.0 update they have even snatched the EIS feature for camera which was there from the day of phone launch.

It's not that they can't , but it seems that they don't want to provide updates to 5/5T not even fixing the issues being reported from past 5 months

18. sweggitity
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 20, 2020

sweggitity , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Even my EX didn't cheat like how OnePlus did.