Notice regarding the OnePlus 5 & 5T update delay

1. I1516025559828
    Donut Oct 21, 2020

I1516025559828 , Oct 21, 2020 :
    The best way to lose clients. Congratulations!

Not releasing security updates is just absurd. Ridiculous

2. Dr. Robert
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2020

Dr. Robert , Oct 21, 2020 :
    After so many months of inaction with almost no communication or status updates, what makes you guys think that any attempt to fix the current issues will result in success? I fear that any SW updates at this point may be worse than what we currently have. All faith in OP has been lost and severely damaged.

3. A1514258479299
    Froyo Oct 21, 2020

A1514258479299 , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Now the caption never settle down is going to change as Never Buy Again...
    Seriously thought to buy oneplus 8t after waiting this much time I will not prefer anyone to buy oneplus again... Just ordered iphone 11..

Bye bye Oneplus.

4. kwenzai
    Froyo Oct 21, 2020

kwenzai , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 21, 2020 :
    @Gary C. , I Lost faith in oneplus... Why did you release an update when you know that update have majors bug... That's unprofessional! Worst , you destroy the daily use for a lot of users. And you let your customers like that, whitout news or updates. Personaly, if I do so much error like you in my job during this short period of time, i would be fired. So you are a lucky man.
    This situation is a shame for OnePlus.

A lot a people have spend time to report issues, to help you to provide a better experience ... And you spit into their face, with a big finger in the air.

Oneplus, your honor is so small right now that you can roll it between two fingers and insert it in your butt.

5. Harish kiddy
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2020

Harish kiddy , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Since its been an month from this notice regarding 5/5t update and til now no update are any information about an update...it is sad for one plus 5/5t users ...its a request please release an update ...

Is there any issue on devloping or testing can u send new one plus device to your old device users like 5t users ..but its not possible so soon release an update

Regards
    Harish M
    A common old 5T User...

6. Auzzya
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2020

Auzzya , via OnePlus 5 Slate Gray , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Im getting the same fingerprint n wifi probs along with reduced battery life
    And the cam was always shitty from the start n made even more shitty by removing EIS now

7. Siva Teja Reddy
    Froyo Oct 21, 2020

Siva Teja Reddy , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Yeah👍.,.... time to move away from oneplus bro

8. Shadink and marfz like this.
  9. sachu0709
    Eclair Oct 21, 2020

10. Auzzya, Kausthubha and nitinyadavyo like this.
  11. Shadink
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2020

Shadink , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Where 'being open about the update in the future' Gary ?

Google, Nokia, and Samsung are offering 3 years (REAL, Absolute 3 years of updates) unlike you 2 years and Half-a**ed 3rd year of two buggy updates that were released shamelessly.
    Apple offers 5 years of updates. Noe i think the notch, and no charger in a box is still better than your cheap tactics. At least Apple is 'what you see is what you get'

12. MrLalsa
    Froyo Oct 21, 2020

13. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Honeycomb Oct 21, 2020

G_Nick_T_FTnG , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Even if OnePlus came out with a new update before November, or even if they gave us a surprise with 11…

I'm done with them. Due to their poor communication in recent months (which is a big part of support), they have 100% lost me as a customer.

Why should we be saying "thank you" if something comes out? Should that erase the 5 months of nothing other than a bug filled 10? The no attention to the failed update? The release of 4 devices since with not a mention of fixing what they screwed up on?

No. I'll be moving on to a new upstart if one shows up. I'll do the same research that I did when the Nexus devices were no more. Off to make a new company King.

OnePlus destroyed their reputation in my eyes. and after the BS post that Gary started this thread with? No further chances of redemption.

14. marfz
    Froyo Oct 21, 2020

marfz , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Oneplus has gone long way. Caused huge hype and then it did not managed all the devices they had. Oneplus does have issues like every company, but... They are promising what they cant deliver.
    bi monthly security updates are not kept even in case of 8/8t there is more than 20 days delay in security patches. Also other devices are having similar issues and oneplus 5 with april security patch is far from 20 days. Next thing is promising of aomething like 5g dual sim one plus 8 pro which was delivered with OOS 11, next thing are display issues on 8pro - samsung's 10bit display does have some quality issues with burning image, black will be shown as grey and green displays are issues which was 2 months of selling in every 2.2 device. I dont know how they dealt with it. Also curved display is ux nightmare. Nord phones with their bootloops and network stability issues which are present in some form on device range from oneplus 5 to 8t. What hapenned to oneplus? i think too many devices are created and it created problems with too many hw specific issues. I think they underestimated the situation.

Auzzya, MatsOhlson and sakthi1986 like this.
  15. NShankaraN
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2020

marfz and Auzzya like this.
  16. Mansour7
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2020

17. Laki Shetty
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2020

Laki Shetty , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 22, 2020 :
    These OP guys are fighting themselves under the table
    We can witness with the departure of Carl pei. I don't think so near future we will have best mobiles or best software experience from OP. The best example is OP nord. Which is not doing great in the market. Heard same feedback on 8t also. So bear with your OP mob Untill you can use it. Do consider to shift your focus to better mobiles out there like mi 10t, asus rog series, realme x series, Samsung s20fe etc. Doesn't fall prey to these crooked defaulters.

18. Murali_Manokar
    Froyo Oct 22, 2020

Justinaskrutulis, Auzzya and svas0000 like this.
  19. kaesekuchengerd
    Donut Oct 22, 2020

20. the_real_vivekw
    Froyo Oct 22, 2020

marfz likes this.