Notice regarding the OnePlus 5 & 5T update delay

1. ashil17
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2020

ashil17 , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Hahahahaha
    Never settle lmao
    There's no problem in giving only less updates but that should be mentioned while your products are advertised.
    Stop fooling people into buying your trash phones

2. BeardyBiceps , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Seems like different entities [e]1f602[/e]🥴

M1598622033155 likes this.
  3. Leosajan
    Froyo Sep 18, 2020

4. Some_Random_Username
    Community Bug Hunter Sep 18, 2020

Some_Random_Username , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Well actually those are not the only devices, there are nine more (8T is obviously kebab but I don't know about the other one): current unreleased devices codenames are as follow
    • billie2
    • billie2t
    • billie8
    • billie8t
    • kebab
    • kebabt
    • lemonade
    • lemonadep
    • lemonadept
    • lemonadet
    • lemonadev
    That's eleven devices in the works ( instantnoodlevis -commercial name OnePlus 8 Visible- went live yesterday on US support website )
    Those ending by t are likely to be T-Mobile variants while the one ending by v is likely to be a Verizon one.

João Carlos Chande and Vansh99 like this.
  5. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter Sep 18, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Ah. Thought I saw something during that point of time. But maybe that wasn't an Official post.

6. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Honeycomb Sep 18, 2020

G_Nick_T_FTnG , Sep 18, 2020 :
    OnePlus is still a niche brand. It does not have the clout, power or recognition that Samsung, Apple and Google have.

Yet they act like they do.

They are wrong.

Their hardware is great. there is no question. However the only reasons anyone purchased a OnePlus is price and support.

It basically picked up what the Nexus line left behind.

But now they have overpriced devices, too many devices to support and bad support at that.

Google and Apple are in a different League. They own the OS. So OnePlus is acting like Samsung. Overpriced, too many, bad support.

HOWEVER. Samsung can afford to piss people off. They have their hands in everything. From phones to TVs to appliances to.. well.. pretty much everything electronic. Profits don't rest on just one sector. OnePlus is a nobody compared to them and they don't have these other sectors to fall back on should one do poorly.

I will never buy Samsung Phone because of this... and looks like I won't be buying OnePlus any longer either. Samsung doesn't care. can OnePlus say the same?

On to find the next Nexus successor again.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020

7. daviten
    Donut Sep 18, 2020

daviten , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 18, 2020 :
    I hope that in the next update they will improve the camera. The two cameras have worsened considerably with the update of Android 10.

rimaqu likes this.
  8. pmaragkos
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2020

pmaragkos , Sep 18, 2020 :
    I'm afraid that Oneplus just lost control and from "Never Settle" and "Flagship Killer" became worst than the major companies (Selling expensive and providing 0 support). I was one of the users that installed the Oxygen 10.0 the day it appeared as an official update on my phone. After this day, my device is freezing all the time, on all the applications (practically is useless). Since I am also working on the IT industry, I thought that this could happen and that I should help. I created a bug report and a "bug hunter" contacted me in order to collect and provide more info. I did and uploaded the collected data despite the fact that I had to share personal data without any idea on who and how is going to handle them. Despite the effort, guess what? I had the same "bug hunter" (MDMujtaba999) contacted me 5 times asking for the collected information. I replied to the first 3 messages but after this, a new one was coming every 2 days. I checked the upload on the google drive and of course noone access it. I also sent a mail about this to support and no one replied back. How I feel for spending 550 euro for this device? At least stupid. After 3 devices (Oneplus one, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 5t) I will keep the first part of the moto Never Again. Well done OnePlus! :)

9. Malg220
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 18, 2020

Chaitanya_Lakku and blueskywhale like this.

10. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Honeycomb Sep 18, 2020

G_Nick_T_FTnG , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Last update was May. and it failed. but assuming it was May.

That's 4 months.

Generally we received a security update every couple of months. So that would make 2 missed and 3 if we go to EOL in November.

Will OnePlus extend this end of support date for lack of anything these past months? I highly doubt it

So you won't be getting 11 and they failed at their promise release structure.

You still have faith? I sure as hell don't.

11. MrLalsa
    Froyo Sep 18, 2020

12. joncharmed93
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2020

L1519865420469 and dashjagd like this.
  13. Sidk2512
    Eclair Sep 18, 2020

Sidk2512 , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 18, 2020 :
    I just hope the solution comes fast. As per the 3 year cycle, we are only left with 2 months more of updates.. this is what I asked a few months back (regarding security updates) but my post was red flagged and reported..

That time also, I was just asking about the delay. I am glad that OnePlus community has always tried to be transparent so hopefully you guys won't let us down and keep the brand value of OnePlus to be the best as always.

Looking forward to the security patch soon (since it's quite clear in many renders and news that OxygenOS 11 is not coming for 5/5T). Still love OnePlus!!🙂

rimaqu likes this.
  14. aero2
    Froyo Sep 18, 2020

aero2 , via OnePlus 5 , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Thanks for letting us know a bit what's going on. I hope that after this update system will be less laggy and more smooth.

KenaRage likes this.
  15. dashjagd
    Honeycomb Sep 18, 2020

dashjagd , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 18, 2020 :
    I just read the last line and it said " we will be more open in future"
    Bruhhh 10.0.1 will mostly be the last update ever for 5t
    What future ? 🤦‍♂️

16. hassan5482
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2020

17. dashjagd
    Honeycomb Sep 18, 2020

dashjagd , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 18, 2020 :