Froyo Oct 29, 2020

ArnabTalukder likes this.

2. Sarang Manzoor likes this.
  3. miluisgood
    Froyo Oct 29, 2020

4. Danielarr45
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2020

Danielarr45 , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 29, 2020 :
    It's obvious that with Carl's departure, and Pete checked out, oppo is running the show. This is why for the price and peace of mind, buy either a apple device or Google pixel. Better updates, longevity and support at pretty much the same price point. The lack of communication for m OP clearly shows they do not respect their customers. Fixing this issue show have happened weeks ago if it were truly a priority like More, 8, and 8t

5. MrLalsa
    Froyo Oct 29, 2020

6. Pritam_Dhokale
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2020

G_Mister_thakur_WmDP likes this.
  7. sgunashekaran1986
    Eclair Oct 29, 2020

sgunashekaran1986 , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Dear one plus , please confirm do we have option for downgrading the android to Version 9. With the version 10 my mobile.battery charge is getting discharge . Not able to use mobile for half day.

8. Geoff Junior
    Eclair Oct 29, 2020

Geoff Junior , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 29, 2020 :
    9 months on my wife's 5 February was last security update

9. Danielarr45
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2020

Danielarr45 , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Wow, this is crazy. Not sure who is running the company there days. I wonder if the business is failing?

10. Sad.oneplus5t.user.
    Froyo Oct 29, 2020

Sad.oneplus5t.user. , Oct 29, 2020 :
    You are giving too much importance to only one person's opinion who keeps changing his phone on weekly basis . I bet MKBHD would have opinion if he was using 5/5t.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020

11. taeglichanders
    Donut Oct 29, 2020

taeglichanders , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 29, 2020 :
    After reverting back to 9 I'm still happy with my OP5t. It was and is the best phone I had so far and it is still rocking. I also getting asked "oh what phone is that?" but that's possibly related to my KLWP skin ;-) Yes, the update to 10 was crap but I saw similar things on other manufacturers and I'm very much thinking that it's also Google's fault. I'm prefering to have a stable instead of a rushed release. We will get it I'm sure and keep in mind that all other manufacturers wouldn't have the device supported that long. I'm hoping that OP finds their way back to customer obsession.
    Cheers

Luis Sismeiro and TrimBat like this.
  12. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 29, 2020

jontalk , Oct 29, 2020 :
    What I find most curious is the 5T was one of the top selling models and from the number of posts in both this thread and the original 10.0.0 release which is nearly 500 pages, its clear the failure to deliver has cost OnePlus thousands of loyal customers. From a marketing perspective, its a huge mistake.

Danielarr45 and Harry d best like this.
  13. Memerina
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2020

Memerina , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Little confused on what's going with this device! I updated via Oxygen updater and did a fresh install so I'm not really having any problems other than lacklustre battery life, and Chrome freezing every now and then (found tapping the multitasking button twice to pull me out and in again fixes that issue). So did OnePlus pull the OTA and the update they're referencing in this post is the security updates we've been missing, a new stable version of Android 10, or (and I say this rather over-optimistically) Android 11?

14. VivekJagdale
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

VivekJagdale , Oct 29, 2020 :
    How did you revert back to 9? Could you please guide me?

15. Auzzya
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

16. rish5435
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

Muditkhanna998 and Auzzya like this.
  17. rish5435
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

18. ashil17
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

ashil17 , Oct 29, 2020 :
    their top priority is to release as much as phones possible in one year to rip off customers.
    Now their giving away phones to celebrities for promotion.They literally have Robert Downey as brand ambassador.
    And doesn't have the team to fix the software.

19. sethisidd
    Jelly Bean Oct 29, 2020

20. NShankaraN
    Jelly Bean Oct 29, 2020

NShankaraN , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 29, 2020 :
    What if the product's native and useful features which were there at the time of launch gets removed as part of "updates"?

In our case we considered OP 5/5T as worthy product and invested in it...but Oneplus in terms of updates started removing worthy features like camera quality, call recorder, EIS,user experience,stable wifi connectivity etc.

Now you wonder was it worthy at the time of buying? Yes of course then what happened after 3 years?

I'm not comparing the current OP5 with any other devise but with itself at the time of launch.

Now who is responsible for this? Of course OnePlus 😁

Updates are meant to improve a product not to degrade it and make it worse than what it already is/was.

Hope Oneplus didn't do it on purpose. But we never know!!