Notice regarding the OnePlus 5 & 5T update delay

1. A1510680505701
    Froyo Oct 29, 2020

2. ichinisan
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2020

ichinisan , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Well well well.

I think the branding needs to change to "MinusOne" and "We're Settled!"

I also work in a Software Company. The reasons they're not releasing any update is in my opinion as follows:

1. This is not getting them any more money, any extra time spent on an older model costs them money.

2. It has been obvious too, since at some point updates were taking longer to be released, from every month to every two months then to 3 months and so on and so forth.

3. It clearly isn't a priority. They are placing their resources in other branches in their organisation.

4. They have never given a release date, so "we're sorry" and it's taking more time means. They may release it between now and the year 2150.

5. Your voice doesn't matter anymore, because if it did they would have taken action a long time ago or provide updates on this redundant and ridiculous thread.

6. Last but not least

This is very obvious with most brands, the last update and/or release is usually the crappiest one that cripples your device. Anything after may feel slightly better but never like the last good update. So, even if OOS 10.0.X gets released it will never be as good as OOS 9.0.X.

TLDR
    --
    If you still want your OnePlus 5/5T to live on with more (regular) updates, make yourself comfortable on platforms like XDA developers and start using a custom ROM. Many are on the latest security updates and even the latest Android builds.

Just remember to backup your internal data before unlocking your bootloader! As unlocking the bootloader will wipe your device.

3. bawng_upa
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2020

bawng_upa , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Hey why not silence if you don't face any issue, 🤔

nguyenphong108 likes this.
  4. karanshar
    Froyo Oct 30, 2020

Auzzya likes this.

5. nguyenphong108
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2020

Auzzya likes this.
  6. Murali_Manokar
    Froyo Oct 30, 2020

Auzzya and nguyenphong108 like this.
  7. Prince aamir
    Froyo Oct 30, 2020

8. VivekJagdale
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2020

VivekJagdale , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Suddenly my Airtel sim has stopped functioning since last night. The sim is active but the network reception is completely gone.

When I deactivate my Jio (Sim 1) , the Airtel sim starts functioning normally.

I ve inserted this airtel sim in other OP devices in the Sim 2 slot , there it works smoothly with both the SIMs being active.

Vodafone SIMs are working fine on my device. This issue is only for Airtel SIM and that too specific OP models.

Apparently there seems to be no resolution to this.
    If anyone can please help us out.

ArnabTalukder likes this.
  9. Navdeep_Malik
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S Oct 30, 2020

10. Auzzya
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2020

Itsme11 likes this.
  11. Siddj38
    Froyo Oct 30, 2020

Siddj38 , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Banking apps and VOLTE are my only concern. If it works then I'm switching!

Petr.114 likes this.
  12. kwenzai
    Froyo Oct 30, 2020

kwenzai , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Oneplus it s seems you like lies, so let me tell you something. I will buy all your phone due to your professional behaviour. Your team dev is si reactive, and you respect your costumers. Please continue like that. I will buy a new oneplus phone, stay tuned...

Auzzya likes this.
  13. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 30, 2020

SoniaB , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Moderators like myself and @pablofg1978 are not OnePlus employees nor are we part of the ROM team. We moderate the forum. The forum has terms and rules that everyone has to adhere to. We enforce those rules. It's as simple as that.

In direct response to your post, @OnePlus is not violating any forum rules and so Moderation action is not required in that respect. Poor user is being needlessly blamed and not been online for over a year.

In terms of the update delay, Moderation team continue to feedback to admin as we have always done, the mood on the forum and indeed we continue to highlight this thread and ask for an update to the update delay. There is nothing else we can do beyond that.

14. ichinisan
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2020

ichinisan , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 30, 2020 :
    For starters try getting your hands on a replacement SIM. They can go bad even if different behaviour is realised in different devices.

You can also try changing the network settings on your OnePlus and see if that helps from the phone information screen

*#*#4636#*#*

gotshoaib likes this.
  15. ashil17
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2020

ashil17 , Oct 30, 2020 :
    why isn't there a response?That Gary guy told the update is in top priority but all we can see are updates for the newer phones

16. kwenzai
    Froyo Oct 30, 2020

kwenzai , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Guys, I talked with Oneplus support and that's the information I have got : ( Sorry for the french language)

Attached Files:

jferraz likes this.
  17. abhisarda3
    Donut Oct 30, 2020

abhisarda3 , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Last update was a disaster. My call recording feature disappeared after the last update of oxygen 10. Had given complaints multiple times with no response or solution from your team. Now hoping the issue to be resolved in the new update. Please respond to the users.

gotshoaib and ArnabTalukder like this.
  18. Joehad83
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2020

Joehad83 , Oct 30, 2020 :
    It is not like they never lied before. Maybe another lie.
    It doesn't matter if they offer Android 11. They can't leave us without security updates.
    Peut être il est entrain de mentir. Même avec Android 11, il ne faut pas laisser nos appareils sans des mis à jour de sécurité.

ArnabTalukder likes this.
  19. bussi1805 , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Had to view the thread in my browser because the community app doesn't show your attached image 🙄
    I'm not sure if the Google translator is mocking me or if the support chat is completely incompetent but I would be very bewildered if OP would really offer Android 11 for our phones. I have serious doubts. They didn't manage to get up a bug free Android 10 in OVER A YEAR and now there is Android 11 in the pipe.
    No, I don't have doubts, this is plain nonsense.