Notice regarding the OnePlus 5 & 5T update delay

1. kwenzai
    Froyo Oct 30, 2020

kwenzai , Oct 30, 2020 :
    I doubt too. But it was an answer of the official chat support of OnePlus and I want to share that with you. Waaaaaaaiiiiiiiiit a long moment again and we will see ( or not).
    By the way thanks for your french translation ;-)

2. kwenzai
    Froyo Oct 30, 2020

kwenzai , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Your Google translate work fine ( but can I advise you to try DeepL translator I find it better than google translate).
    The only things that I want it's a Android who work well, whether it's Android 10 or 11.

3. Itsme11
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2020

Itsme11 , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Last year OnePlus declared all the upcoming smartphones will be 90Hz from now on and see they have launched Nord N100 with 60Hz..No value and commitment of the statement

It was a lie or did not keep the word..

May be we will not get anymore update.. Everything is possible

4. praeterflora
    Eclair Oct 30, 2020

praeterflora , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Had a lovely chat with customer support Alfred Matthew, he initially didn't know it was a global issue that most of OnePlus 5/5T users are still on OS 9 with February security patch. He suggested a remote session to see if the issue was from my Phone...you see upon telling him myself that the rollout was halted he then confirmed the issue was global and not from my phone.
    HOW, do explain this to me please, how does a user know more than the staff? Is this why we're still waiting? Is it because the staff was not made aware we need the g**da*n OTA rollout? Seriously this is highly unprofessional!

ashil17, Bishant0098, jferraz and 3 others like this.
  5. NShankaraN
    Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2020

NShankaraN , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Okay this is interesting,

In that case @SoniaB can you please let us know with what frequency (how often) and what severity are these issues being reported by moderators to admins or ROM team?

Is there any thresholds or parameters for you moderators to report it as critical issue?

I bet the thresholds/parameters to report it as critical are already met

Auzzya likes this.
  6. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 30, 2020

SoniaB , Oct 30, 2020 :
    There are no predefined parameters or thresholds.

Moderators are online at various points every day.
    Anything urgent being reported on the forum, both Moderators and SPEs will advise community admin.

Daily, mods will chase up anything forum related.

As for the the 5T update concerns specifically, this week alone it has been raised and talked about by mods on at least 4 occasions. It is almost a daily occurrence.

We are very much aware of the general mood regarding the 5/5T update delay, but we can only give that feedback to community admin. I can bet you that community admin themselves will be giving feedback internally on this too.

I know the lack of response from ROM team is disheartening but Moderators/SPEs/Community admin are doing their part in highlighting this. Nothing would please me more than to have an update on the update.

7. bspcolumbus
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2020

bspcolumbus , Oct 30, 2020 :
    I think my 5T has been the most stable phone I've ever owned. If software updates continued, I'm sure I could hold off on a new phone for another couple of years and be perfectly happy.

praeterflora likes this.
  8. macsenjose18
    Froyo Oct 30, 2020

macsenjose18 , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 30, 2020 :
    @SoniaB every major update for Oneplus5T be it oos9 or oos10 has been a blunder in some way. I remember last year also there was an outrage regarding oos9. Oneplus learnt nothing from that incident. And yes moderators also started giving warnings to users when they started venting out their anger......2020 here we are again...in the same situation... disheartening.

being_nabnit and bawng_upa like this.
  9. Auzzya
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2020

Auzzya , via OnePlus 5 Slate Gray , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Yeah yeah, you got to do your job, i understand 🤦🏻‍♂️
    And thank you for accepting... that oneplus hasn't been online for almost a year to listen to its users 😂😂

SoniaB likes this.
  10. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 30, 2020

SoniaB , Oct 30, 2020 :
    I have zero issue with the community voicing their discontent, but there is a big difference in venting your anger and discontent and being rude and abusive to others (not limited to moderators).

Moderators only warn when there has been a forum rule violation. A reason for the warning is always given. I have seen cases of where users, despite posting in here, then go ahead and also open thread upon thread about this. The do so knowing full well the forum rules request users search and post in a relevant, existing thread. What does that achieve other than flooding the forum with duplicated threads? Moderation has to be consistent. If we have "soft-warned" a user already for a forum violation, the next time they violate the rules, it's an official warn. We do not just go about warning indiscriminately.

I have been here since before OP2 and when it was supposed to get Nougat update.
    I completely understand the feelings you all have, but there is nothing more that moderators can do beyond what we are already doing.

superplus and NShankaraN like this.
  11. ashil17
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2020

ashil17 , Oct 30, 2020 :

Auzzya

View attachment 1475304
    Shall we make it 5 points ? I got point no 3, yayy !! 🥳
    Dont really care about these points [e]1f602[/e]
    Shifting to another phone soon anyway just like so many others
    I think you moderators should too
    You recieve so much flak simply coz of the company's bad reputation​

I already got 5 points and got banned.Seems like there is no connection between the community and customers.

OnePlus likes to be in the news everytime
    1)Released on nougat on 5t when Oreo was there 3 months earlier.And gave Oreo update to be in the news.

2)Promised op7 series features to be given on 5 and 6 series.
    and later dropped citing hardware issues while these can be found on custom roms[e]1f602[/e].

3)Released an unstable 10 update to bevin the news such that people will get know that they support older phones.

4)Lied to us about corona causing delay in update.But had the time to design hardware and software for 4 phones.
    And again lied about some communication issues just to get some time till eol is up.

5)I had bought bullets wireless z and some of the features of it were listed to arrive on 5 series in August. But after checking now they removed the 5 series from the support.So I just wasted Rs2k on it when there were better earphones in the price range.

Better to stop buying any OnePlus products in the future.

12. Majed.HQ
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2020

13. F_Sayali_Nagrale_BGjW
    Froyo Oct 30, 2020

F_Sayali_Nagrale_BGjW , Oct 30, 2020 :
    just friggin give us the stable update of Android 10 already....we have been patiently waiting since 6 months.. and you people are providing update to Nord so fast like someone runs fast when chased by man-eater tiger!!!

14. Kamal Hans
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2020

Kamal Hans , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Of course you have that option.
    If you can't do it yourself, just take your phone to the nearest OP service centre & they'll do it for you.
    Just remember to back up all your data first.

15. Muditkhanna998
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2020

Muditkhanna998 , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Then how will our voice reach OnePlus. Moderator can tell us about that? Because we all know now that this community is just useful when OnePlus wants to promote their 6-7 smartphones in an year. Or when a photographer clicks useless images of their mobile phones and posts so called "one day with ". Community is a middleware between user and the company with both ends open. But this community is useless. Sheer garbage.

16. Sid_Ck
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2020

Sid_Ck , Oct 30, 2020 :
    I think it's high time oneplus come out and announce that they won't be releasing another/final build.

No point making users waste their time on forums daily searching for updates and getting pissed off.

More than 5 months has passed since 10 was released and even a fresher with basic coding can help fix bugs in this long window.

Be open and let us know . It's done..!

(Reposting on this thread as well)

17. Yogesh.p100
    Froyo Oct 30, 2020

Yogesh.p100 , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 30, 2020 :
    What's up with this countdown is there a day of hope (I don't see) that you think they are gonna fix our phone till this date.

18. MrLalsa
    Froyo Oct 30, 2020

19. ChandraSekhar366
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2020

Harry d best likes this.