Notice regarding the OnePlus 5 & 5T update delay

1. sharkhark
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2020

sharkhark , Oct 31, 2020 :
    How about a class action lawsuit?
    They seem to think they can advertise a phone and a system of updates on a schedule then stick it to everyone.
    I'd be up for it they've lost all goodwill with me at this point.
    Oneplus 1,3,5,5t it's a regular upgrade that I used to do but I've got a hate on for them now.
    Even an update tomorrow wouldn't change my negative feelings and complete lack of trust in them.
    Wouldn't buy a new one now.

Alright anyone up for a class action suit?

2. sgunashekaran1986
    Eclair Oct 31, 2020

sgunashekaran1986 , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 31, 2020 :
    Please donot update to version 10 as of now.

3. C1510249326355
    Donut Oct 31, 2020

C1510249326355 , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 31, 2020 :
    Now how much to wait. This delay is bcoz you'll have moved your attention to all new launches. Apr20 we got last update, since after that nothing. We are leaving with the bugs you left since then, like voice recorder not working after update and more.
    It's good to have New but not stepping over to your Old followers, do think over it.

Thanks n Regards

4. babnik80
    Froyo Oct 31, 2020

being_nabnit likes this.
  5. ninja123456 , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Oct 31, 2020 :
    We can't. I will have op2 up and running. I'll always remember what this feels like while buying a new device. This feeling makes me choose a better option

6. pochu_mufc
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2020

pochu_mufc , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 31, 2020 :
    Totally understand your position.
    On the other hand can't understand OnePlus's position. They claim they want to provide system updates and sort out any bug issues, but since the major upgrade to Android 10 no further updates are provided.

There is no denying people are facing issues with day to day usage, so why not just take care of the bug's.

7. Murali_Manokar
    Froyo Oct 31, 2020

Auzzya likes this.
  8. Dhanesh Bhasin
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2020

9. Bavireddy jaswanth
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2020

10. G_Neel_Roy_vDdH
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2020

being_nabnit likes this.
  11. ichinisan
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2020

ichinisan , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 31, 2020 :
    They're just a call center. Don't expect anything..

12. R1530948757381
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2020

13. ninja123456 , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Oct 31, 2020 :
    It's time to use Android 11 but if oneplus fixes these issues and give us the update then it will be like they say use older version of Android forever. We needed this fix 6 months ago. So many have moved on to other devices. With it without update it doesn't matter much. The others too will move on to a device with 5g and Android 11 starting next year. Everyone will eventually.

14. Itsme11 likes this.
  15. maurocaputo
    Donut Oct 31, 2020

maurocaputo , Oct 31, 2020 :
    we are waiting yet.. I am a little disappointed.. I am expected fast update about patch..

16. F_Sayali_Nagrale_BGjW
    Froyo Oct 31, 2020

F_Sayali_Nagrale_BGjW , Oct 31, 2020 :
    totally [e]1f44d[/e]

sharkhark likes this.
  17. lilzad
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2020

lilzad , Oct 31, 2020 :
    I don't think a class action lawsuit would work. The security patches and updates were announced after the phone was released. So I don't think a class law suit would hold based on that. I ain't no lawyer but eh I would be up for joining it and I am sure loads of people would be too.

Muditkhanna998 and sharkhark like this.
  18. lder
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2020

lder , Oct 31, 2020 :
    At this point there are several obvious things i would like to point out:
    This update is not a priority. Maybe Oneplus is trying to come out with a crush all bugs kind of update. The extend of bugs in the last update makes me believe that this will not work. So the only honourable thing to do is to extend its firmware update timetable to this phone until something truly stable comes out.
    Oneplus is losing its old loyal power users with moves like this. I’ve bought 3 phones from OP since the beginning. Many friends come to me for advices about witch phone should they buy. Always recommend OP until recently. Yesterday directed one of my co workers to a Samsung A51 5g instead of a OP Nord. Personally until OP comes out with a truly great update and a BIG apology for all the bugginess I’ve experienced recently this will be my last OP and the last OP of many people i know.
    Oneplus is changing and possibly not for the best. Leadership is exiting. They’ve launched 6 phones this year. No way they have the manpower to update all of this periodically.
    Too bad. Had really great hopes for them

19. Shadink
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2020

Shadink , Oct 31, 2020 :
    The whole mess started when Oneplus started releasing a bunch of different phones for different audiences.
    It feels like OPPO is managing this whole mess but you know, hiding behind the "Oneplus" brand.
    Though Oneplus always relied on OPPO's technologies, they were still independent and LISTENED to their customers and the community which lead to releasing OPPO-based phones with the Oneplus touch under customers enthusiasm.
    But now, it feels like an OPPO branch, floating the market with phones, like going OPPO/Xiaomi/Samsung style.
    Oneplus started caring about quantity not quality.
    I still refuse to believe that this mess of an update is happening in the Oneplus community.

Oneplus, get you s**t together, because tick-tock tick-tock, the clock is ticking, the time is passing by and customers are losing hope.

20. NirajShakya
    Froyo Oct 31, 2020