Notice regarding the OnePlus 5 & 5T update delay

1. ninja123456 , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Nov 3, 2020 :
    They took 8 months to customize something which Google already made. Later they couldn't fix what they broke. Impotent developers are present at OnePlus labs. They can ruin other devices same way they ruined op2 volte and didn't deliver nougat. In op5 case they ruined almost everything. Most importantly peace and welfare of users.

EmanueleFulco and Auzzya like this.

2. Yogesh.p10 and Auzzya like this.

3. ashil17
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2020

ashil17 , Nov 3, 2020 :
    they just focused on releasing new phones so as to make profit..They don't care about old users.Just want to sell their crap phones

4. vivekgokulraj
    Honeycomb Nov 3, 2020

vivekgokulraj , via OnePlus 5T , Nov 3, 2020 :
    After all this comments, OnePlus will provide an update and all of the sudden thanks post will go on. And fan boy will praise the OnePlus in their forum. And OnePlus be like "I Won"

5. ashil77
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2020

ashil77 , Nov 3, 2020 :
    Or no update simply will close the thread.Thats it.
    And maybe an apology and will say they will give updates to future phones timely just like how they did with op2

Auzzya and L1519865420469 like this.
  6. Prabhuv
    Donut Nov 3, 2020

7. mkv13
    Eclair Nov 3, 2020

mkv13 , Nov 3, 2020 :
    #alwaysSettle ! Goodbye OnePlus.

According to the support team Op5T - no update in the future.

You can rollback to A9 or change this garbage phone.

Shame on you OnePlus! I hope you will go broke and die.

8. mkv13
    Eclair Nov 3, 2020

9. stately
    Eclair Nov 3, 2020

stately , Nov 3, 2020 :
    I visited many reference sites, many of which were too technical for me, and in the end what I did was sortof a mashup between all of them. Other forum members have posted the steps earlier in the thread; those posts might help you. The xda developers forum has great and detailed information, also information on how OnePlus Switch worked helped. Had I ended up bricking the phone I would not have been out anything because it was useless for telephone calls, so I wasn't taking much of a risk. Ideally, since OnePlus seems either incapable of or unwilling to fix 10.0.00 they should post permanent walkback instructions, along with making the last stable OS available for download, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Good luck.

10. Auzzya
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2020

Auzzya , via OnePlus 5 Slate Gray , Nov 3, 2020 :
    Guys....use Google Photos app to stabilise your videos in post processing....they added this stabilise option in the editing tools recently
    As EIS is absent, this is the best free alternative available now...i tried it, works like a charm

Shadink and NShankaraN like this.
  11. BeardyBiceps , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Nov 3, 2020 :
    Fingers crossed 🤞

12. Auzzya and yash koli like this.
  13. Nil_s7
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2020

14. SUDIP5GHORAI
    Froyo Nov 3, 2020

15. J_bara
    Donut Nov 3, 2020

16. Murali_Manokar
    Froyo Nov 4, 2020

17. sttrebo and Auzzya like this.
  18. Natarajanvaidhy
    Gingerbread Nov 4, 2020

Natarajanvaidhy , via OnePlus 5 , Nov 4, 2020 :
    Dear,

I have seen that many have reported that the 10.0.0 is not stable, with bugs and many features are not functioning. At the same time the said update is functioning properly for many.

I have received brickbats for my recent post, for reasons best suited to the respondents.

As regards the bugs are concerned, no developer or team can guarantee 100% perfect release and the feedback helps them to fix them. Also that every update undergoes several testing before release.

This issue is common with every software.

It is not my intent to support or oppose the Oneplus.

All will agree / had to accept to the facts cited in the post

1. No manufacturer is going to give a timeless guarantee and support for their products.
    2. It is normal business proposition for any manufacturer to accord top priority for new launches and new developments.
    3. The support cycle for 5 / 5 T is over as per original schedule.
    4. Hardware compatibility can be judged by the developer team only and not depend on the aspirations.

However,

I do agree with the facts that

1. OnePlus had not provided the security patches as promised
    2. No consumer will be keep on investing in hardware frequently, upgrade with every new releases.
    3. The response from the team is below par.

Like many I too own OnePlus One / 3 / 5 and have second thoughts of owning a new from OnePlus stable.

19. F_Sayali_Nagrale_BGjW
    Froyo Nov 4, 2020

F_Sayali_Nagrale_BGjW , Nov 4, 2020 :
    OnePlus stop this shitshow if you can't provide stable update tell us so...it's been half a year and you can't resolve the bugs in Android10 in 5/5t ,I even heard that 8t working on Android 11 has too many bugs if you aren't capable of resolving the buggy update stop doing business in mobile technology ,you people should be sued for doing such petty things for selling your new phones!!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020