Notice regarding the OnePlus 5 & 5T update delay

1. 5.a.n.d.3.3.p
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2020

2. TrimBat
    Froyo Nov 5, 2020

m1tch3m, Shadink, maak22 and 2 others like this.
  3. jeyanthpranav
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2020

FusionBomber and Auzzya like this.
  4. rohanjain99
    Eclair Nov 5, 2020

rohanjain99 , Nov 5, 2020 :
    OnePlus is loosing it's old customer, they will divert towards Samsung and apple. This type of performance could be the reason why Carl pei resign from OnePlus.

5. Prince aamir
    Froyo Nov 5, 2020

Prince aamir , via OnePlus 5T , Nov 5, 2020 :
    @Pete we hope u will follow up from Oxygen OS team about such a long delay and not communicating to us latest news on update.
    U can see this thread and its self explanatory.

Auzzya, Shadink and FusionBomber like this.
  6. Prince aamir
    Froyo Nov 5, 2020

Prince aamir , via OnePlus 5T , Nov 5, 2020 :
    @Abdul B. We see ur thread. U do reply on latest feedbacks of latest releases smartphones and we also see that almost upto OP6 & 6T all devices are getting updates. While we are stuck here wih buggy android 10 update, we can't get single bug fixing update since last 5 months &
    @Gary C. You said u will update but u r not updating any news on this..shame on u guys.

Auzzya, TeraBap, MatsOhlson and 2 others like this.
  7. jontalk
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2020

jontalk , Nov 5, 2020 :
    Where are you hearing 5/5T owners will be updated to Android 11 when Android 10 fix has yet to be released..Do you have access to someone on the Dev Team? The simple fact that OnePlus posted this announcement demonstrates they're AWARE of the problems with 10.0.0 :)

8. G_Gérard__uxOp
    Donut Nov 5, 2020

9. muepep
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2020

muepep , via OnePlus 5 , Nov 5, 2020 :
    We are dealing with ourselves in this forum.

We've all received an update commitment for 3 years!

We don´t get security patches, we get bugy Firmware!

We have been being cheated!

We all have old patch stands and different problems with Mobile/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth connections!

Oneplus does not comply with support commitments!

Busy oneplus makes supportcalls!

I have made a support call it first answer update comes in a few days - yay!

When asked what a few days meant came the answer what problem I have???

Either oneplus knows the problem and the update is in work or oneplus is playing on time.

Who does not stand by his word deserves no trust.

Busy oneplus makes supportcalls!

I think this is may last oneplus.

Auzzya and correia82 like this.
  10. NShankaraN
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2020

NShankaraN , via OnePlus 5 , Nov 5, 2020 :
    OnePlus never promised Android 11 to 5/5T
    All that I'm asking is an update with fixes to the issues in OOS 10.0.0 , EIS which they have removed , latest Security patch
    This uproar in the community is mostly because Oneplus is aware of the problems that 5/5T users are facing due to OOS 10.0.0 upgrade but OP are doing nothing to adddress it
    Now the user feels cheated because OP is removing the features from the product in the name of sw updates which were there at the launch for which he paid

Auzzya and F_Sayali_Nagrale_BGjW like this.
  11. Bodygard
    Gingerbread Nov 5, 2020

Bodygard , Nov 5, 2020 :
    I'm starting to believe an update probably won't come so soon...or ever.

I just hope people take this and when it's time to buy a new phone, take what happened here into account. We here are the people who supported Oneplus in 2017 (5 and 5T) when Oneplus was still small and growing based on the community, forums etc and we bought their devices and they now forget us and can't even give us a damn software update to show that they respect us. Not even talk to us to explain why the delay or what happened despite we tagging them several times. Just disgraceful.

A lot of good phones out there from other good brands. Certainly not gonna buy from Oneplus again, not even if they have the best smartphone in the world. This Oneplus is no more the Oneplus we knew in 2017, they're becoming greedy and only focusing on making more and more money without taking care of users.

12. spyridonas
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

spyridonas , via OnePlus 5T , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Go get a Galaxy S8.
    How many updates does it have?
    Keep crying, it's 3 years old phone

13. paulomodesto
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2020

paulomodesto , Nov 6, 2020 :
    How can you assume this big lie?
    How can you sleep at night?

It's been almost a month that a i left OnePlus and I have buyed an Xiaomi device and that was the best thing I've done so far.
    I've payed less money for my actual Xiaomi MI 10 8GB/256GB that I've spend on the OnePlus 5T 8GB/128GB in 2017.
    I came here only to see if OnePlus had already gained shame in the face and released an new update since April, and i'm in shock to realize that everything continues the same.

How can this be possible?
    How can users ever trust in this company?

I'm starting to think this was one of the reasons why Carl Pei have left the company he founded.

OnePlus you are ridiculous!!!

OnePlus, open your eyes, if you plan to have this behavior on witch one of your device, you will lose all your faithful followers.
    You already have lose one, and I'm only counting me, but I know i'm not the only and will not be the unic!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020

Auzzya, neroxyr, MatsOhlson and 3 others like this.
  14. Lakkki , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Nov 6, 2020 :
    We need update for oneplus 5 fast as I also have 1. And OnePlus should compensate the delay by giving android 11 in Oneplus 5. I am just joking , but OnePlus should think over it once.

15. Natarajanvaidhy
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

Natarajanvaidhy , via OnePlus 5 , Nov 6, 2020 :
    As per my understanding and the service support features, the latest OS version release prior to the end date shall be provided, which means that if OnePlus honours their commitments, they are supposed to provide stable OS 11 for 5 / 5 T.
    The only plea for not providing an update shall be hardware compatibility.
    Beyond doubt, OnePlus is concerned about new releases and had not bothering to address old issues as they have diverted entire man power, development skills and resources for new ones.
    This fact is visible from the deep-sea silence of the development team.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020

16. ninja123456 , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Nov 6, 2020 :
    He has no powers. He just types a post on what is communicated to him. Ofcourse he will get sleep at night.

17. Murali_Manokar
    Froyo Nov 6, 2020

Auzzya likes this.
  18. Shadink
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

Shadink , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Check the facts before you preach mother Teresa

Auzzya likes this.
  19. TeraBap
    Froyo Nov 6, 2020

TeraBap , via OnePlus 5T , Nov 6, 2020 :
    I gave up with oneplus.

Bought new samsung mobile. believe me guys oneUi is far really looks super. oxigen os is an old baby now. good bye worthless OnePlus

EmanueleFulco and FusionBomber like this.
  20. jayesshjain
    Eclair Nov 6, 2020