Notice regarding the OnePlus 5 & 5T update delay

1. tattdogg
    Eclair Nov 6, 2020

2. paulomodesto
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2020

paulomodesto , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Do you still bothering with OnePlus?
    Common guys, move forward and give other brands a chance!
    Who's gonna lose?

OnePlus Will!

I give a chance to OnePlus and i was one of a million that was thinking that have found the brand for the entire life, the perfect marriage, it was so until OnePlus pissed over OnePlus 5/5T users about the OxygenOS 10 update.

So, I moved on, and I'm very happy I did!

Oh, and i was forgetting...

I HATE OnePlus fan boys!!!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020

3. MrLalsa
    Froyo Nov 6, 2020

marfz likes this.
  4. zerosixteen
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

zerosixteen , via OnePlus 5T , Nov 6, 2020 :
    I will give that chance to Samsung in 2022. I believe my 5T still perform well next year, of course after replacing the battery and flashing a good custom ROM..

paulomodesto likes this.
  5. Bodygard
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

Bodygard , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Go read the posts before talking here. Oneplus is failing to keep their promises in software updates and security updates. I don't care what happened with Galaxy S8, this is Oneplus not Samsung.

If you don't know, what you're talking about, kindly shup up.

Seems like a lot of users come here to our forum to make us shup up. But they don't know the facts. So i'll remind you of the chronology, what happened until now. This is the truth. Facts are facts and facts can't be argued with.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020

6. spyridonas
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

spyridonas , via OnePlus 5T , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Please read my post
    All I'm saying is compared to other companies , Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei , OnePlus is still updating their older phones and we should say 'thank you for not forgetting us' instead of 'oh but it's unstable please fix now !! OnePlus has forgotten us !!!'.

7. VivekJagdale
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

slavekt likes this.
  8. zerosixteen
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

Do you know Samsung will give 3 major updates starting with their 2019 flagship. Combine that with their monthly security patch, not in million years oneplus will beat that, especially in their current state.

In case you live under rocks, Samsung recently give september security patch to S7, a 4 years old phone from 2016!!

1604672904847.jpg

9. spyridonas
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

Did you know that one plus 5T launched with Android 7 and then got to 8,9 and then to 10?

That's four MAJOR versions. 4...

From 2017, not 2019.
    From a company that has considerably less money than Samsung

Security updates will happen once this bug gets fixed I'm sure

10. zerosixteen
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

"thanks for updating our device with shitliad of bugs"

Dude what kind of shit you smoke right now??

11. spyridonas
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

You prefer
    ' eat shit we don't update after 2 years' ??

Also I don't have any bugs in my 5T with Android 10...

12. zerosixteen
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

3 major updates, the one that come out of the box doesn't count. So just 8, 9, and 10.

you still believe Oneplus is startup company, you definitely live under rocks. Everybody in tech community knows that Oneplus is part of BBK electronics, definitely funding is not an issue for them.

strixaluco likes this.
  13. spyridonas
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

Correct, 3 Major versions.

I know that it's hard to convince the upper management to spend effort into updating older generation devices.

I work as a web developer, it's easier to say 'Please use Chrome' instead of fixing Firefox/Internet Explorer quirks.

They can't understand the value of supporting something other than the minimum.

14. DogeAlpha
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2020

DogeAlpha , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Maybe I don't want to buy another phone every 2-3 years. Maybe I want to keep it for as long as it functions properly and it can still do whatever I'm telling it to do.

strixaluco likes this.
  15. zerosixteen
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

If that 2 major updates along with bi-monthly security patch in an extended year as they promised executed properly. I dont need a10 from them. cos I know I will get that with custom rom.

Yours don't got bug at all, plausible but hey good for you. I just don't know and don't give a damn about what are you try to achieve by implying that tho..

16. C1604675589288
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2020

17. zerosixteen
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

Well that's their problem, the whole problem not gonna happen if they know their own capacity and not promise things too much. And Oneplus known for break their own promise starting with Oneplus 2 nougat update fiasco with a lame excuse. Recently they repeat same thing again with ram boost and dc dimming not coming to 5/5t and 6/6t with hardware compatibility issue excuse, I mean how could they not acknowledge that kind of thing before releasing a statement?

18. seen024
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2020

seen024 , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Hello Paulomodesto,

what's your new phone?

19. Bodygard
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

Bodygard , Nov 6, 2020 :
    And, you didn't read what i posted. Go read it. If you read it, you'll understand that we the users are right.
    Oneplus updated our phones to Android 10 alright...a reckless release full of bugs. We were with Android 9 and Oneplus came out and said they were gonna update us to Android 10. And they did it. And we went from stable Android 9 stable phones to Android 10 not stable buggy phones. Do you understand? Not to mention they are not giving security updates for months now.

Do yo understand? Or are you hard headed that you don't read and don't understand simple facts and arguments? jeez.,...

20. spyridonas
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2020

I have Android 10 on one plus 5t

Please tell me a single bug you have and if I reproduce it you are correct.