notification bar impression on display (OnePlus 7 pro)

1. gsgaurav
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2020

gsgaurav , Apr 29, 2020 :
    my notification bar icons have left their impression on my display. whenever display got white screen. i can easily see my battery,wifi, signal bars icons..
    kindly help.
    i have OnePlus 7 pro

ClawLad likes this.
  2. leoyinjou , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Apr 29, 2020 :
    I believe what you are seeing is "burn in marks" of OLED displays. How often is your screen on, in that orientation? How bright do you set your screen at? Unfortunately it won't easily go away and is more or less permanent. You can reduce its effects by reducing brightness, or avoid having those specific pixels on most of the time by using overlays or hide notification bar if possible. This is a hardware issue and not a software bug, unfortunately.

ClawLad likes this.
  3. JESWIN11
    Donut Aug 23, 2020

JESWIN11 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 23, 2020 :
    Hey thanks, I am also facing a similar issue. I would like to know if I should get my display changed or if I should go to the service center. I still havey.phone covered under warranty.. and apart from the notification bar I have started to see a circular impression near the finger print reader as well

4. leoyinjou , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Aug 24, 2020 :
    You can always check with customer service regarding this issue. If you are still under warranty there might be some hope for you, but don't hope for them to change your phone too much... Good luck!

5. N1565174108005
    Cupcake May 15, 2021

N1565174108005 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 15, 2021 :
    Mine too. Its like it left impression of battery and networks plus some apps also like Instagram and Botim. As i can see all those impressions of calling icons on the right corner and in centre i can see keyboard and smiley impression and also header of instagram on the left top corner. It is so annoying as it is visible and i can't do anything about it. Any systems error we can control to make it normal again?